• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron - Seriously

2,574 posts in this topic

avengers was ok but i think i like the Flash tv show a bit more....and how is the vision more worthy than capt america

newborn = no sin

I was going to say something about how the hammer can only be lifted by the most noble warriors, and has nothing to do with sin, but I don't read new comics, and don't want to be slapped in the face with another fundamental character change...

avengers was ok but i think i like the Flash tv show a bit more....and how is the vision more worthy than capt america

newborn = no sin

I was going to say something about how the hammer can only be lifted by the most noble warriors, and has nothing to do with sin, but I don't read new comics, and don't want to be slapped in the face with another fundamental character change...

Why would the Vision be a noble warrior? Isn't Cap a noble warrior?

newborn = no sin

When I first saw the clip that was released before the movie came out, with everyone trying to lift the hammer, I was under the impression that when Cap's turn came and he realized he could lift it, he just faked that he could not, because that's just the kind of humble guy he is at heart. I still think that, but it becomes pointless when Vision waltzes in, tossing the hammer around like nobody's business.

They should have had a clip of Cap rolling his eyes when Vision appeared holding the hammer. :eyeroll:

Just makes me sick that the entire world has no problem spending about $20 a pop to see a film, rather than using that money to solve a world problem or two.

Dim witted actors with millions and so forth... blah blah

I'll stop being grumpy cat

614056f54c2e4070590e157df27044c8.jpg

You're mad at the people going to see it and not the company that spent 250 MILLION to make it?

Think about the world problem's you could solve going at it with a budget of 250 MILLION.

If people didn't support it, it wouldn't happen. Would it? That company, if it was profitable to THEM, would spend $250 million building solar panel walkways and flying cars.

Movies make money, so they make movies...

WE ARE ALL TO BLAME

newborn = no sin

No, he always needs a war to fight & ultimately will let a few naughty words go past without comment.

Cap's character arc in Avengers 2 was his warming to potty language.

Yeah, it seemed everyone got their own story arc except for him. That's okay, I'm going to watch TWS again tonight, for the first time since last summer, and thoroughly enjoy at least the one Cap film they got perfectly right. (thumbs u

Just makes me sick that the entire world has no problem spending about $20 a pop to see a film, rather than using that money to solve a world problem or two.

Dim witted actors with millions and so forth... blah blah

I'll stop being grumpy cat

614056f54c2e4070590e157df27044c8.jpg

Bit like, oh I dunno, spending hundreds or thousands or millions of dollars on a single comic book...

You're on board the wrong board getting bored.

newborn = no sin

No, he always needs a war to fight & ultimately will let a few naughty words go past without comment.

Wasn't the whole point of Thor 1 that he had to be worthy to wield the hammer? And ultimately regained that worthiness? Nothing to do with sin or being a noble warrior or whatever.

That Vision could wield it didn't really make much sense, I just put it down to him being infinity gem powered.

I think Cap did get his arc in AOU...it was all about him figuring out what "home" meant to him. Early on the Falcon asks him about buying an apartment in Brooklyn, and Cap complains about the prices. Wilson then says, "Well, home is home", and we see Cap's consternation.

Then in his dream sequence, Peggy Carter says "We can go home, Steve...imagine it", whereupon everything disappears and he's left alone on the dance floor. At Hawkeye's house later, Steve has to go outside when her words echo in his ears while he's in the doorway looking in at the Barton family. (He also tears the log in half in anger when Tony says, "Isn't that the mission? To end the mission so we can go home?" Cap's still unsure what "going home" means to him.)

And then finally, we see Cap telling Tony at the end of the movie that he's not the guy he was 75 years ago, and that the new Avengers facility is where he wants to be: "I'm home."

I thought it was actually pretty decent!

Dan

newborn = no sin

Wasn't the whole point of Thor 1 that he had to be worthy to wield the hammer? And ultimately regained that worthiness? Nothing to do with sin or being a noble warrior or whatever.

That Vision could wield it didn't really make much sense, I just put it down to him being infinity gem powered.

In the comics, since the Destroyer isn't a living being, he can lift Thor's hammer (even when the Destroyer isn't animated by Thor's conscience) because he isn't effected by Odin's spell that prevents anyone unworthy from lifting the hammer.

Mebbe the Vision can lift the hammer for the same reason.

Or maybe he's just worthy.

797276-83792676.jpg

No matter if you liked it or not, you can't say the movie didn't inspire some fans.

A superfan in China built Iron Man's Hulkbuster armour in two months

Chinese middle-school art teacher Xing Yile and some of his friends spent two months building an amazing 11-foot-tall version of the “Hulkbuster“, Tony Stark’s giant Iron Man suit of armor seen in Avengers: Age of Ultron, in an underground parking lot in Zhengzhou, China. According to Business Insider Australia, “the ‘Hulkbuster’ replica is made of over 100 fiberglass-reinforced plastic components”.

hulkbuster1.jpg

Weird article. It was dark in the theater so I didn't notice any "extra" bodies lying dead on Thanos' throne asteroid...this article claims that Blank Panther and possibly Captain Marvel were lying there dead as well. I watched that scene a few times again just now but it's too dark to make out anything when the video quality is not hi-def.

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2015/05/13/the-hidden-age-of-ultron-post-credit-scene-spoilers-2930194?lt_source=external,manual,manual

Well I'll be damned. There *are* other people lying dead there. It's tough to make out, but there are 3 or 4 more bodies lying around the heroes we know. I would assume one is the Scarlet Witch, but who the hell is this next to Hawkeye?

17854039566_0a9b70aefc_o.jpg

This will be in theaters' for another month or more? (Japan in July) It has a biggger cast, much bigger budget. This will surpass iron man 3 at the box office, perhaps not in revenue ratio.

Less then 400 million to go to match avengers1..... not too shabby

currently number 8 worldwide grosses of all time....... not too shabby

Avengers 2 surpassing Iron Man 3 depends on what you are comparing. If you are looking at the 2015 box office numbers compared to 2013, Avengers 2 is going to pass Iron Man 3.

If you adjust for inflation, then Avengers 2 has to do another $86 MM just to match Iron Man 3. That may be a tight race when looking at what the Japanese box office has delivered on Marvel movies.

- The Avengers box office final (Japan): $45,256,010

- Iron Man 3 box office final (Japan): $25,185,661

- Captain America: The Winter Soldier box office final (Japan): $6,628,830

- Guardians of the Galaxy box office final (Japan): $9,504,440

I think Cap did get his arc in AOU...it was all about him figuring out what "home" meant to him. Early on the Falcon asks him about buying an apartment in Brooklyn, and Cap complains about the prices. Wilson then says, "Well, home is home", and we see Cap's consternation.

Then in his dream sequence, Peggy Carter says "We can go home, Steve...imagine it", whereupon everything disappears and he's left alone on the dance floor. At Hawkeye's house later, Steve has to go outside when her words echo in his ears while he's in the doorway looking in at the Barton family. (He also tears the log in half in anger when Tony says, "Isn't that the mission? To end the mission so we can go home?" Cap's still unsure what "going home" means to him.)

And then finally, we see Cap telling Tony at the end of the movie that he's not the guy he was 75 years ago, and that the new Avengers facility is where he wants to be: "I'm home."

I thought it was actually pretty decent!

Dan

Damn Dan, good catch getting all of that. Watching the end of the Winter Soldier last night, I'm reminded of the flashback to Brooklyn scene between him and Bucky after they return to Steve's "home" following the funeral of his father. Bucky's offer to have Steve stay with him is yet another indication that Cap has been without a home, without a sense of belonging, for some time. It's one of the benefits of rewatching some of the Marvel movies in succession, catching little character-building nuances you might've missed before.

Cap's character arc in Avengers 2 was his warming to potty language.

Yeah, it seemed everyone got their own story arc except for him. That's okay, I'm going to watch TWS again tonight, for the first time since last summer, and thoroughly enjoy at least the one Cap film they got perfectly right. (thumbs u

It was a good movie, agreed.

I really am happiest with Cap & Evans in these movies. Hiddleston's probably next. A2 suffered from his absence.

newborn = no sin

In the comics, since the Destroyer isn't a living being, he can lift Thor's hammer (even when the Destroyer isn't animated by Thor's conscience) because he isn't effected by Odin's spell that prevents anyone unworthy from lifting the hammer.

Mebbe the Vision can lift the hammer for the same reason.

Or maybe he's just worthy.

That was the first thought that came to my mind as well - not being a living being changes everything.

And that leads right back to the traditional stance of humanity being corrupt from birth...ie Original Sin. :shy: