• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron - Seriously

2,574 posts in this topic

avengers was ok but i think i like the Flash tv show a bit more....and how is the vision more worthy than capt america

newborn = no sin

I was going to say something about how the hammer can only be lifted by the most noble warriors, and has nothing to do with sin, but I don't read new comics, and don't want to be slapped in the face with another fundamental character change...

Why would the Vision be a noble warrior? Isn't Cap a noble warrior?

No, he always needs a war to fight & ultimately will let a few naughty words go past without comment.

Wasn't the whole point of Thor 1 that he had to be worthy to wield the hammer? And ultimately regained that worthiness? Nothing to do with sin or being a noble warrior or whatever.

That Vision could wield it didn't really make much sense, I just put it down to him being infinity gem powered.

In the comics, since the Destroyer isn't a living being, he can lift Thor's hammer (even when the Destroyer isn't animated by Thor's conscience) because he isn't effected by Odin's spell that prevents anyone unworthy from lifting the hammer.

Mebbe the Vision can lift the hammer for the same reason.

Or maybe he's just worthy.

That was the first thought that came to my mind as well - not being a living being changes everything.

And that leads right back to the traditional stance of humanity being corrupt from birth...ie Original Sin. :shy:

:fear:

Avengers 2 surpassing Iron Man 3 depends on what you are comparing. If you are looking at the 2015 box office numbers compared to 2013, Avengers 2 is going to pass Iron Man 3.

If you adjust for inflation, then Avengers 2 has to do another $86 MM just to match Iron Man 3. That may be a tight race when looking at what the Japanese box office has delivered on Marvel movies.

- The Avengers box office final (Japan): $45,256,010

- Iron Man 3 box office final (Japan): $25,185,661

- Captain America: The Winter Soldier box office final (Japan): $6,628,830

- Guardians of the Galaxy box office final (Japan): $9,504,440

yes, 2015 numbers... of course.

It might surpass Ironman 3 without Japan, I didn't say it needed Japan just that it had a long time to go before its finished being shown here and the world. But yeah, Japan is final opening so maybe it came across that way. I think by the time it opens in Japan it will have met or topped Iron Man 3 !!

Latest numbers

Worldwide: $1,148,986,835

avengers was ok but i think i like the Flash tv show a bit more....and how is the vision more worthy than capt america

newborn = no sin

I was going to say something about how the hammer can only be lifted by the most noble warriors, and has nothing to do with sin, but I don't read new comics, and don't want to be slapped in the face with another fundamental character change...

Why would the Vision be a noble warrior? Isn't Cap a noble warrior?

No, he always needs a war to fight & ultimately will let a few naughty words go past without comment.

Wasn't the whole point of Thor 1 that he had to be worthy to wield the hammer? And ultimately regained that worthiness? Nothing to do with sin or being a noble warrior or whatever.

That Vision could wield it didn't really make much sense, I just put it down to him being infinity gem powered.

In the comics, since the Destroyer isn't a living being, he can lift Thor's hammer (even when the Destroyer isn't animated by Thor's conscience) because he isn't effected by Odin's spell that prevents anyone unworthy from lifting the hammer.

Mebbe the Vision can lift the hammer for the same reason.

Or maybe he's just worthy.

797276-83792676.jpg

The Destroyer can lift the hammer because he was created by Odin.

Anyone at Odin's level or above, like Zeus, can also lift the hammer.

I saw the reason that Vision could lift the hammer was because he is worthy and it was Thor's power that brought him to life.

Finally got around to seeing it. I probably would have waited for Blueray, but my daughter really wanted to see it. Reasonably entertaining, but pretty silly in a lot of respects.

I liked Spader as Ultron, and I suppose it's better not to ask why someone as wired into the digital world seemed to only have two options for destroying mankind, crack the nuclear codes or grab enough vibranium to lift a city into space.

I could have done without the goofy sweet homelife of Hawkeye.

Someone needs to remind filmmakers that all in one shots are far less impressive when it's all CGI, and the Hulk still looks way to computer generated to carry a movie.

I still have a harder time suspending disbelief for live action films than I do for illustrated comic books. The extra level of unreality that comes from illustration makes a lot more things seem plausible than when rendered with flesh and blood actors.

While it was only a teaser trailer, the Batman v Superman movie looks godawful, and I won't be rushing out to see Ant-Man either.

might as well make it two in a row. the fact that i'm finally getting around to seeing it probably means this review was predictable. my son wanted to go, so reluctantly i agreed.

AoU was ok but there's nothing of substance to these superhero movies (TDK the exception)- they are completely forgettable the moment you walk out of the theater. have any of these film makers heard "it's not the size of the ship, it's the motion of the ocean?" why do they all have to feel so bloated? 2 hours and 20 minutes? there's enough story here for maybe 90 minutes. my other main gripe is that there was never a moment that felt perilous for the Avengers. the Ultron clones (or whatever) were destroyed as if they were made of toilet paper. did not care one whit about the citizens of the "imperiled" city including the one w/ the cleavage they focused on to give you someone to care about.

Finally got around to seeing it. I probably would have waited for Blueray, but my daughter really wanted to see it. Reasonably entertaining, but pretty silly in a lot of respects.

I liked Spader as Ultron, and I suppose it's better not to ask why someone as wired into the digital world seemed to only have two options for destroying mankind, crack the nuclear codes or grab enough vibranium to lift a city into space.

Someone needs to remind filmmakers that all in one shots are far less impressive when it's all CGI, and the Hulk still looks way to computer generated to carry a movie.

I still have a harder time suspending disbelief for live action films than I do for illustrated comic books. The extra level of unreality that comes from illustration makes a lot more things seem plausible than when rendered with flesh and blood actors.

While it was only a teaser trailer, the Batman v Superman movie looks godawful, and I won't be rushing out to see Ant-Man either.

This is the kind of review that makes me think you are too old or too jaded to have fun anymore.

If you are not excited to actually see Batman vs Superman in movie just leave the hobby and decrease the surplus population.

A completely stupid way of thinking......

might as well make it two in a row. the fact that i'm finally getting around to seeing it probably means this review was predictable. my son wanted to go, so reluctantly i agreed.

AoU was ok but there's nothing of substance to these superhero movies (TDK the exception)- they are completely forgettable the moment you walk out of the theater. have any of these film makers heard "it's not the size of the ship, it's the motion of the ocean?" why do they all have to feel so bloated? 2 hours and 20 minutes? there's enough story here for maybe 90 minutes. my other main gripe is that there was never a moment that felt perilous for the Avengers. the Ultron clones (or whatever) were destroyed as if they were made of toilet paper. did not care one whit about the citizens of the "imperiled" city including the one w/ the cleavage they focused on to give you someone to care about.

Mike you are better than what you just wrote.

Would you rather go back to the 90's where we were only dreaming of seeing these characters on the big screen.

You make it sound like every comics book was made of substance.

I saw the Avengers Age of Ultron again this weekend.

Loved it even more the second time around. :cloud9:

Great movie, developing the characters in unexpected ways and fantastic battle scenes, especially the end scene at the church - I got goose bumps at how the movie captured the essence of the comic book page in this scene.

I'm really looking forward to Avengers 3 & 4.

I believe the overall story arc will be quite satisfying.

Besides being transported back to the wonder of comic reading in the 1960's, these films also remind me of how I felt watching the Star Wars films unfold in the late '70s.

I just hope Marvel Studios leaves out the Ewoks :insane:

Make Mine Marvel Studios!

Mike you are better than what you just wrote.

Would you rather go back to the 90's where we were only dreaming of seeing these characters on the big screen.

You make it sound like every comics book was made of substance.

it's probably more what a wise man wrote: This is the kind of review that makes me think you are too old or too jaded to have fun anymore.

This is the kind of review that makes me think you are too old or too jaded to have fun anymore.

If you are not excited to actually see Batman vs Superman in movie just leave the hobby and decrease the surplus population.

Do you really think all there is to the hobby is anticipating Superhero movies? Or even superhero comics for that matter? Talk about a stupid way of thinking.

Do you really think all there is to the hobby is anticipating Superhero movies? Or even superhero comics for that matter? Talk about a stupid way of thinking.

I'm stupid, you're stupid, everybody's stupid ! :acclaim:

Oh no!! Somebody doesn't like a Batman/Superman movie. Leave the hobby already, that is so stupid...

Sound like a 12 year old. :grin: Maybe that is the age range they are going for hm