• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron - Seriously

2,574 posts in this topic

Quick question, is Thanos in this movie? You can pm me the answer.

Thanks in advance.

I won't know until I see it in about an hour! I'm sure others are all over this by now! Beware the PM flooding.

Quick question, is Thanos in this movie? You can pm me the answer.

Thanks in advance.

I won't know until I see it in about an hour! I'm sure others are all over this by now! Beware the PM flooding.

I'm sure you are right. Thanks Pov, have fun at the movies.

I made a separate thread about box office but it would probably make more sense to keep it all here. So deleting the old post.

I'm going to a 12:50PM showing today. 2D - not a big fan of 3D.

Looks like, even this early, Age of Ultron is setting records. It will be interesting to see how it goes this weekend and beyond.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-avengers-age-ultron-792722

Avengers: Age of Ultron made me a cool $36 million profit on 100,000 shares on Hollywood Stock Exchange. Plowed some of the cash back into Phase III flicks.

$20 million turned into $56 million in a year. Wish there was a way to do that in real life. lol

hsx%205%201%2015_zpsaucmbaxe.jpg

I made a separate thread about box office but it would probably make more sense to keep it all here. So deleting the old post.

Looks like, even this early, Age of Ultron is setting records. It will be interesting to see how it goes this weekend and beyond.

Avengers: Age of Ultron made me a cool $36 million profit on 100,000 shares on Hollywood Stock Exchange. Plowed some of the cash back into Phase III flicks.

$20 million turned into $56 million in a year. Wish there was a way to do that in real life. lol

As they say, it takes money to make money!

Disclaimer: I do believe money can be made without starting with huge sums. But the above IS an example of the adage.

As they say, it takes money to make money!

Disclaimer: I do believe money can be made without starting with huge sums. But the above IS an example of the adage.

You should try the game. It's fun.

Everyone starts with $2 million..I started in 2007 with that $2 million. I've been super bullish on Marvel movies and super hero flicks in general. I even bought a bunch at their bottom when it looked like nothing would be done with the properties.

7-8 years later I am up to this...

hsx%20port%205%201%2015_zpsxypucknm.jpg

We just got back.

Absolutely LOVED it. IMHO it was perfect and I completely do NOT understand how anyone could have a problem with anything in the film...it was like watching a comic book!

Vision was perfect, Ultron was perfectly snarky, the humor was great, action scenes were tremendous as well as the INaction scenes.

The negative reviews I've read now seem so absolutely clueless...

What a great movie! I already can't wait to see it again. :thumbsup:

Good movie and entertaining, but the comic relief was a bit overdone, almost to the point of annoyance. Special effects were impressive. The movie is a 7/10 for me...I liked the first Avengers movie more.

There's something after the cinematic credits, but don't bother waiting until the bitter end of the credit scroll...there's nothing.

Saw it last night...a frenetic, almost rushed feel to the movie, but still a lot of fun (and very fun if you're a die-hard MCU fan). I'd give it 3/4 stars and will definitely be seeing it again in the theatre.

Dan

Is there a reason a movie wouldn't go, say, the full 3 hours and keep all the directors cut in it to make a better picture?

I'm pretty sure there have been studies that conclude that 1.5 to 2 hours is the sweet spot to have the audience fully engaged while also not making them bored or lose focus. As we all know, a kids attention span is usually even shorter so with a movie like The Avengers, they need to stay within that time frame.

Weird study when you think the biggest all-time box office hits like

Gone With the Wind, Titanic and now Age of Ultron were much longer than 1.5 to 2 hours.

hm

We just got back.

Absolutely LOVED it. IMHO it was perfect and I completely do NOT understand how anyone could have a problem with anything in the film...it was like watching a comic book!

Vision was perfect, Ultron was perfectly snarky, the humor was great, action scenes were tremendous as well as the INaction scenes.

Just came back myself.

Totally loved it.

Marvel continues to make good movies.

That`s all I`ll say for now because of spoilers.

i just back about an hour ago from watching it and here's my 2c

i though the movie to be good not great like the last Avenger movie, it does have some great moments in it. then i on the way home i started to think about it and talk to my friend movie to figure out what was buggy me. what we both do agree their was no build up to this Avenger film in any of the past phase two films and were did these whole hulk & black widow relantionship happen. i do wish marvel to do a better job with the post credit scene in other films to build up to the Avengers films. from what i can see their was no build up to civil war, their was buuild up to thor 3 & black panther. it was still a good movie to watch but hopefully their a better build up to the next Avenger film.

We just got back.

Just came back myself.

Totally loved it.

Just got in from seeing it as well. It was great. It is hard to say if it is better than the first, but it was certainly very good. I love how they've really created a Marvel universe. There were so many characters interacting with one another throughout the film. The humor and interaction between Cap, Thor, and Tony was spot on. The jokes about the hammer were pretty funny.

We just got back.

Just came back myself.

Totally loved it.

Just got in from seeing it as well. It was great. It is hard to say if it is better than the first, but it was certainly very good. I love how they've really created a Marvel universe. There were so many characters interacting with one another throughout the film. The humor and interaction between Cap, Thor, and Tony was spot on. The jokes about the hammer were pretty funny.

I loved this movie. It had humor,action,adventure and sadness.

It`s great how they continue to tie all their characters together.

I can`t wait for Ant-Man now to see how he fits into all this.

ps.

Vision was cool! :cloud9:

Saw it last night...a frenetic, almost rushed feel to the movie, but still a lot of fun (and very fun if you're a die-hard MCU fan). I'd give it 3/4 stars and will definitely be seeing it again in the theatre.

Dan

Is there a reason a movie wouldn't go, say, the full 3 hours and keep all the directors cut in it to make a better picture?

I'm pretty sure there have been studies that conclude that 1.5 to 2 hours is the sweet spot to have the audience fully engaged while also not making them bored or lose focus. As we all know, a kids attention span is usually even shorter so with a movie like The Avengers, they need to stay within that time frame.

Weird study when you think the biggest all-time box office hits like

Gone With the Wind, Titanic and now Age of Ultron were much longer than 1.5 to 2 hours.

hm

There will always be exceptions, it was more of an "on average" conclusion. Plus, the study may have been measuring several entertainment activities such as sporting events, etc...

Of course, if a movie is really good and engaging throughout, a 3 hour movie can feel relatively short compared to a stinker that's only 1.5 hours. That's also one of the great things about blu-rays when they come out with an extended cut you get to see the original version in it's entirety.

We just got back.

:applause:

I agree with Chip.

Just got back from seeing it and loved it. :cloud9:

I thought it was as good or better that the first one; more character development, I loved the villain, nice balance between the action scenes and the quiet scenes that fleshed out character back-stories.

I'll see it again before the weekend is over, then let it all sink in.

Jack would be proud, in my opinion.

Stan's cameo is brilliant.

I'd be surprised if this doesn't break records.

I can see Avengers: Age of Ultron surpassing Titanic in worldwide gross.

What a great time to be a comic book fan. :banana:

I agree with Chip.

Just got back from seeing it and loved it. :cloud9:

I thought it was as good or better that the first one; more character development, I loved the villain, nice balance between the action scenes and the quiet scenes that fleshed out character back-stories.

I'll see it again before the weekend is over, then let it all sink in.

Jack would be proud, in my opinion.

Stan's cameo is brilliant.

I'd be surprised if this doesn't break records.

I can see Avengers: Age of Ultron surpassing Titanic in worldwide gross.

What a great time to be a comic book fan. :banana:

:applause: