• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron - Seriously

2,574 posts in this topic

Ok for all those that have seen it I have a question.

Driving into work this morning the DJ's on the radio said that they were getting reports that there is stuff at the very end of the credits (like all the other movies). Now I know Feige and Whedon said there wasn't anything, so have any of you guys waited around to find out? I am going today at 12:30.

I saw 2D at 7:00 last night. So unless they added something at the VERY end of the credits for later midnight-ish or IMAX or 3D showings which would make no sense, there was a mid-credits scene (after the stylized credits but before the scrolling black credits) but NOTHING at the very end of the movie. The scrolling black credits stops, the Marvel Studios red & white logo comes up, then the Disney logo, then the "ok, seriously, we're all done go home, why are you still sitting here" theater thing reminding you to pick up your garbage.

I consider the "Avengers will return" thing as part of the black credit screen at this point.

You forgot the "The Avengers will return" line just before the Marvel logo.

Would someone please put in a spoiler what "you won't see coming".

you mean

when Quicksilver dies?

I don't know, could be. It's just been presented that way by some people that have seen it. I think they've implied it happens at or very near the end...

Would someone please put in a spoiler what "you won't see coming".

you mean

when Quicksilver dies?

I don't know, could be. It's just been presented that way by some people that have seen it. I think they've implied it happens at or very near the end...

Also could be

The New Avengers team with no Thor or Iron Man (maybe) or HULK but with Falcon, Vision, Scarlet Witch replacing them

Stupid curfew! Apparently the theater moved all their times forward by 45 minutes so we missed the first 15 minutes. We were walking around too and didn't realize. Now we are racing to a 1:30 at another theater.

I'm not sure why the theater couldn't email me when I purchased tickets and used my email address. I took off work and everything. Really frustrating!

Can someone explain the involvement of the Infinity Gems thus far? Do the welders of the gems have to have some knowhow of the capabilites to use them properly? Because we've seen what? Two of them so far and the wielders of the gems don't display any powers attributed to the corresponding gems. Neither Ronan or Vision displayed any powers related to the gem, unless I'm missing something.

I thought it was thoroughly ok.

There are a lot of nice moments, but it didn't really add up to a greater whole. Definitely preferred the first one. YMMV.

That's pretty much how I felt. You want us craving for more show one or two possible future characters at the end...not the West Coast Avengers, it's a little underwhelming seeing 3rd stringers we've seen before.

Yeah, I definitely didn't get how they could Keep up with that Quicksilver. I'm guessing he will be a main stay in the fox verse than?

Hands down tho my Favorite character in the movie was Hawkeye, I'm guessing they are going the Ultimate Hawkeye story route, I wonder if they kill his family then?

from the Wall Street Journal......

Avengers: Age of Ultron” is already huge — if not yet a record breaker — after its first night in theaters.

The follow-up to the 2012′s “Avengers,” which posted the biggest opening weekend of all time, grossed $27.6 million from initial screenings on Thursday, which started as early as 7 p.m.

The first “Avengers” collected $18.7 million from its Thursday night shows

Overseas, Disney and Marvel’s “Age of Ultron” has already generated $287 million in ticket sales after playing for a full week in some markets. It is performing better than “Avengers” in a number of major countries, such as the United Kingdom, Russia, and Brazil. On Thursday, it posted the biggest opening day of all time in Mexico, with $6.8 million.

I made a separate thread about box office but it would probably make more sense to keep it all here. So deleting the old post.

I'm going to a 12:50PM showing today. 2D - not a big fan of 3D.

Looks like, even this early, Age of Ultron is setting records. It will be interesting to see how it goes this weekend and beyond.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-avengers-age-ultron-792722

I loved it. Less than the first one but still loved it.

Ultron was perfect (though still wished he had the jack-o-lantern face).

However i think it suffered from a bit of Man of Steelitis. Too much smash, smash, smash. It's hard to get your bearings sometimes.

I definitely need to see it a second, third ... tenth time for it to all sink in. Now the long wait for the Blu-Ray.

I made a separate thread about box office but it would probably make more sense to keep it all here. So deleting the old post.

Looks like, even this early, Age of Ultron is setting records. It will be interesting to see how it goes this weekend and beyond.

I didn't see yours until after I did mine.. I am going to see the show at 430 eastern, prepaid the other day. I think Avengers 2 will set many new records !

I didn't see yours until after I did mine.. I am going to see the show at 430 eastern, prepaid the other day. I think Avengers 2 will set many new records !

I'm going to start a thread about all of this.

I was debating whether to post it here or make a new A2 Box Office thread. After seeing yours in here it seemed to make more sense.

I opted for the 12:50 showing at the Sundance Kabuki Theater in SF. Nice because they are all assigned seats (you can pick yours from the seating layout.) Just did it a couple of hours ago and not many people so far, which is what I was hoping for.

I usually wait for DVDs for new releases but decided it may be fun to hit a movie once a week or so. Thinking EX MACHINA will be a good choice for next week.

I'm going to start a thread about all of this.

Stop it! Just...just...just...stop it! :roflmao: