• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

post your favorite romance covers
4 4

636 posts in this topic

Just now, Robot Man said:
5 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Just seeing if I can get a scan to post. 

large-GA004617.jpg

Pretty book Tony.

Thanks.  One of the few scans I have sitting in Photos that I can drag in.  PhotoBucket links apparently aren't working.

Just now, JvR11 said:

One of my non-Baker favorites, looks like Rita Hayworth.

mylife_zpsd9fcc596.JPG

Nice.  It does like Rita.  I think many artists on romance books probably worked from swipe files that included photos of stars of the day.

2 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

My Life is definitely my favorite non-Baker romance title. This is my top pick from it.

IMG_1147.jpg

Nice.  Definitely some strong covers in that run. 

I just picked up this one.  Unless I'm misreading the census, it appears as if not a single copy of any of the six issues in this series has been graded. Kind of surprising, I think.

RAD42FF32017328_13533.jpg

16 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

I just picked up this one.  Unless I'm misreading the census, it appears as if not a single copy of any of the six issues in this series has been graded. Kind of surprising, I think.

RAD42FF32017328_13533.jpg

You don't often see cover with the saddle shoes.  Haven't seen this one before.  Nice copy.

On 4/25/2017 at 1:50 PM, Sqeggs said:
On 4/25/2017 at 1:49 PM, JvR11 said:

One of my non-Baker favorites, looks like Rita Hayworth.

mylife_zpsd9fcc596.JPG

Nice.  It does like Rita.  I think many artists on romance books probably worked from swipe files that included photos of stars of the day.

She's got kind of a Diane Lane look...

1dia2a.jpg.3ba16b7ca994dabaef2c95e44df3d7b2.jpg

:whee:MULTIPLE POST WARNING :whee:

Judy and I  just got back from a really cool House Party /Swap Meet at my pal Guy's house....... saw some fantastic books...... a Wonder Woman 1 on it's way to CGC .... a very little resto, but the nicest one I've ever seen ......White pages :cloud9:  Just blown away by some of the books..... a beautiful Tec 35, the full Phantom Lady run, high grade early Planets, lots of GA # 1's. Poor Judy passed out in the backyard....too many cold ones..... but it was a beautiful day to pass out in a lawn chair. I finally managed to snag a grail from my pal Tyler.... but had to trade heavily to get it.... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

0BCbyDv.jpg

9 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

Judy and I  just got back from a really cool House Party /Swap Meet at my pal Guy's house....... saw some fantastic books...... a Wonder Woman 1 on it's way to CGC .... a very little resto, but the nicest one I've ever seen ......White pages :cloud9:  Just blown away by some of the books..... a beautiful Tec 35, the full Phantom Lady run, high grade early Planets, lots of GA # 1's. Poor Judy passed out in the backyard....too many cold ones..... but it was a beautiful day to pass out in a lawn chair. I finally managed to snag a grail from my pal Tyler.... but had to trade heavily to get it.... GOD BLESS...

0BCbyDv.jpg

I love the Ward cover Torchys so big congrats on a terrific cover.  I have noticed a little recent heating up on the Torchys so good time to pick it up!

5 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

I bought a bunch of pulps and comics yesterday at the flea market. When I asked if he had any more, he told me he very recently sold 4 Torchys with some original Torchy art! Damn, just a little too late I guess...

:tonofbricks:

..... I hope that last Cool McCool episode was worth it :baiting: GOD BLESS....

On April 30, 2017 at 3:37 AM, jimjum12 said:

0BCbyDv.jpg

That is by far my favourite Torchy cover. I have a 5.5 that I'm happy with.

image.jpeg.4cdb54060065b82be78d4dd7869c8f11.jpeg

Great book to own in any grade!