• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trading Post/PIF/Giving Tree Discussion Thread

2,657 posts in this topic

Ok the new PIF, the person takes an offer, runs his offer past Harvey. If Harvey ok's it-it goes up.

Everyone donates a PIF and sends it to Harvey. At the end of the year Harvey sorts through them then sends to who he thinks should get what, sort of a Santa type figure.

If it goes to a boardie in the grading contest we are now 100% sure it went to a good place.

Are you sure about that? Most people are only known here by their online personality with the exception of those that made personal friendships. Would you be ok with the money going to Meeklo (sorry Meeks) or CAK? How about someone on the PL or HOS?

Best would be just give it to a person we know is deserving like Hector. Second best is other boardies. Sure there's a chance some will go to a HOSer but percentage wise it's a pretty good deal.

I like Hector but what makes him any more deserving than Shadow Images. That is just silly.

Agreed. Everyone knows JAM_NYC is the bee's knees. He has beautiful eyes and his hair smells like cinnamon.

hm

Do you have an OkCupid profile, like CAK?

I have an OkCupid profile FOR my CAK ;)

I didn't know you and CAK were dating.

Board romances are the best.

:luhv:

I'd make a joke about respecting a guy who sheaths it up before packing it tight, but I think I hit my daily limit on homoerotic jokes.

If it goes to a boardie in the grading contest we are now 100% sure it went to a good place.

Are you sure about that? Most people are only known here by their online personality with the exception of those that made personal friendships. Would you be ok with the money going to Meeklo (sorry Meeks) or CAK? How about someone on the PL or HOS?

I'm okay with that...if I may make a suggestion...is there anyone in Jimmers' family who needs it? I don't know if they are in a tight bind right now but that sounds like a good place to send it if it is needed.

Please for the love of God no charities. Does anyone see what I am saying here? Even if it's the best charity in the world and the people running it are not making a fortune eventually the money goes to someone-you have no idea what kind of person that is or what they will do with it. If it goes to a boardie in the grading contest we are now 100% sure it went to a good place.

Kav many charities dont just pass money along.

They arent handing out twenties.

Many use the money to fund valuable services

Many use the money to pay for goods that are needed.

And the reputible charities that do provide direct funding also do oversight to ensure that the funding is used in the manner it is intended (often circumventing the person and sending the money direct to the source intended to pay, ie. "help for medical bills" funding goes direct to the hospital, they dont cut a check to the person and HOPE they use it to pay the medical bills).

Again Im talking about actual charitible orginizations (and the ones that are verified as good, and have a very low % overhead cost), not random people setting up "go fund me" sites and then buying drugs.

What happened to the PIF thread?

I've been trying to get caught up and figure it out, but I think Kav broke it. :sumo:

Way to go Kav. Always breaking things. Did it involve kicking?