• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

I get it Chip, and no hard feelings really - it just got to me today I guess.

But if your stating facts about firsts I think 1st superhero comic and fist female superhero are some pretty substantial "firsts". Marvel may have been there wake-up call but DC was there first.

Marvel was no slouch either. They deserve a lot of credit for reviving the genre.

I'm just talking movies as far as my comment goes.

Peace,

Chip

How could we not see the positive in this. Add the 'DC is thinking over a Wonder Woman movie, and Marvel is all 'Here's a gun-packing racoon'' line and it it will be a repeat classic.

Jeez.

Exactly. See? You understand.

Peace,

Chip

How could we not see the positive in this. Add the 'DC is thinking over a Wonder Woman movie, and Marvel is all 'Here's a gun-packing racoon'' line and it it will be a repeat classic.

Jeez.

Exactly. See? You understand.

Peace,

Chip

What a charmer.

:cloud9:

And you felt you had to say that in this thread where rabid DC fans congregate.

Nice . . .

Well, he did end his post with 'Peace' so he has that going for him, right?

:eyeroll:

It always cracks me up how Marvel guys always have to take shots at DC.

They just can't let it go. Whatever . . . (shrug)

Go figure.

Meanwhile, I enjoy both companies. Even if I didn't, why waste time mocking another company's characters and productions? Seems pretty weak-minded.

I enjoy both companies. My favorite two characters are Batman, and Superman, but yet overall I like the Marvel Universe better. Go figure.

Then there is always Valiant. :)

valiant-logo.jpg

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

It still doesn't justify that statement.

Case-in-point Dark Knight :idea:

But I get what you're saying.

Marvel has been more consistent up to now.

Jason Momoa Hints At AQUAMAN Being An Anti-Hero In BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE

I think it would be really, really fun to play a superhero. You know? I’ve always talked about, like, what’s your favorite. I mean I love Lobo so… but ah… You know. It would be awesome. I don’t know how they do it but… Yea, absolutely I think it would…I just don’t really see myself as a superhero. Yeah, no I mean, they’re kind of written a little different. I don’t know. I just… you know. I’m not wearing a lot of the…I don’t see myself in tights a lot. And ah…I’m more of a, I don’t know, an anti-hero if you will. In life. So, not the smiling, parading to saving the world kind of guy. Yeah, the Hulk would have been fun!

There is either going to be some major 'gotcha' at SDCC where he is not playing Aquaman but rather Lobo or Doomsday, or he is really good at keeping a secret.

hm

You know what?

He looks a lot more like LOBO, then Aquaman. hm

jason-lobo.jpg

Batman v Superman rumored to have four villains in addition to Lex Luthor

Not sure if I like this. The several villains concept worked out bad in the latest Spider-Man movie and even horribly in Batman and Robin. Concentrating on fewer villains with more depth in character usually is more interesting.

Not sure if I like this. The several villains concept worked out bad in the latest Spider-Man movie and even horribly in Batman and Robin. Concentrating on fewer villains with more depth in character usually is more interesting.

If done right, it will be a neat way of opening up the DC Universe, if done wrong it will feel bloated. A lot of it will definitely depend on editing and storytelling (obviously). I enjoy most funnybook movies, but I still have reservations on a stunt like this for a solo hero's franchise. In my opinion, it's gonna be a lot of awesome imagery, but too much at once too. I'm hoping for the best. :wishluck:

If done right, it will be a neat way of opening up the DC Universe, if done wrong it will feel bloated. A lot of it will definitely depend on editing and storytelling (obviously). I enjoy most funnybook movies, but I still have reservations on a stunt like this for a solo hero's franchise. In my opinion, it's gonna be a lot of awesome imagery, but too much at once too. I'm hoping for the best. :wishluck:

There is no way all these characters are going to receive equal screen time, but rather be brief appearances. Especially with all these movies rumored to be announced at SDCC, and wanting to tie the universe together, you can only do this through references and appearances.

:think: Interesting

Did WB Leak A Fake BATMAN v SUPERMAN -script? Written By Kevin Smith?

This isn't a scoop regarding the plot or the details of the Batman v Superman movie or am I writing you in order to spoil or disappoint the general public.

My insider info regards a who has been the source of the vast majority of leaked information as regards to the movie and more importantly why.

Up until last year I worked for as a PA for a Warner Bros. exec until I was promoted to marketing. It was here I and several others where approached to work, directly and indirectly, for Susanne Knoll and sometimes Deborah Snyder.

It was here that I became a part of a particular strategy that Warner Bros has been using to great effect.

Early this year a Screenplay for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice which was commissioned by Warner Bros was leaked to several gossip sites. It was a scanned PDF of the entire screenplay baring a official Warner Bros watermark.

This -script has been the source of almost every leaked detail about the movie for the last six months. It has been posted on sites then quickly removed due to cease and desist letters from Warner Bros.

While the screenplay is legit and the watermark is legit and it is was commissioned by Charles Roven himself...

But it is written by neither David S. Goyer or Chris Terrio.

It was written by Kevin Smith.

Late last year both Charles Roven and Zack Snyder approached Kevin Smith with a early treatment for the film and It was Kevin Smith who came up with the idea to write an entire screenplay based on it but with several huge red herrings and changes which do not appear in the final film. These include plot points and characters etc etc. and 'leak' it online.

This -script was distributed by myself and others to gossip sites and movie sites like aintitcool, latino review, movie pilot, etc etc

My job was to pose as a worker at Warner Bros who was leaking the screenplay.

There were several others involved who posed as recently fired members of the production, interns and special effects artists and we all spread the misleading info around the web.

None of this was done maliciously and was a strategy to misdirect much of sites that intended to spoil the film.

None of this was done maliciously and was a strategy to misdirect much of sites that intended to spoil the film.

I guess I can see the reasoning when so many reporters are trying to publish every detail they can dig up, including encouraging people to sneak onto sets and take pictures and videos. But would Warner go this far to throw them off the trail?

I guess I can see the reasoning when so many reporters are trying to publish every detail they can dig up, including encouraging people to sneak onto sets and take pictures and videos. But would Warner go this far to throw them off the trail?

that's what i'm wondering if it turns out to be true that they faked a -script and we get better information come SDCC about the movie and were it's going. then i gave WB :applause: for making sure everybody was misdirected.

Well, we know who won't be in the movie.

Stephen Amell Shoots Down Comic-Con BATMAN V SUPERMAN Speculation

Stephen Amell: Hey Guys -- I appreciate all the support and enthusiasm, but not everything I post is a cryptic indicator that I'm going to be in Batman V Superman. I'm not going to be in Batman V Superman.

:(

that's what i'm wondering if it turns out to be true that they faked a -script and we get better information come SDCC about the movie and were it's going. then i gave WB :applause: for making sure everybody was misdirected.

What if all of it has been a lie?? What if Ben Affleck is playing Mister Mxyzptlk?! :ohnoez: