• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

Bane has been a villain in two different Batman films. I think that will trump what Doomsday will get. Sell now or right after the last trailer hits with more Doomsday footage, but with probably close to 1000 9.8's out there this book will never keep up this price once the movie hits.

eethis trailer was #awesomesauce. Can we please stop player hating on this moive until it comes out. My only two grips are. 1 I am not sure about Lex Luthor. He seems campy in this movie. And the trailer gave to much away. I think batman the dark knight returns #4 is the book to hold on to. and mos #17 will do what vengeance of bane did after the movie go back down to a reasonable price say $20-30 in raw . and I would like to see doomsday stay around for more movies . as a death and rebirth of superman movie would reek of awesomness. blind adam out

eethis trailer was #awesomesauce. Can we please stop player hating on this moive until it comes out. My only two grips are. 1 I am not sure about Lex Luthor. He seems campy in this movie. And the trailer gave to much away. I think batman the dark knight returns #4 is the book to hold on to. and mos #17 will do what vengeance of bane did after the movie go back down to a reasonable price say $20-30 in raw . and I would like to see doomsday stay around for more movies . as a death and rebirth of superman movie would reek of awesomness. blind adam out

Player hater :baiting:

Batman v Superman: What are Parademons and Why Do They Matter?

Parademons are the foot soldiers of the space tyrant Darkseid – think of them as the orcs in Lord of the Rings, a marginally intelligent, fiercely loyal to their overlord troop that’s bred only for war. Seeing them in this trailer, then, is a big deal for a few reasons.

Parademons have shown up in many forms in the pages of DC Comics and in animated and video game adaptations since they were first created by Jack Kirby in 1971. The wasp-like flying parademons were featured prominently in Justice League: War, the animated film that launched a new continuity for DC Animation, based primarily on the New 52 relaunch of DC Comics. It’s been heavily rumored and speculated that those DC animated movies are being used as a breeding ground of sorts for the new live-action films, so it’s not too surprising to see them share a look.

:o

I put my 9.8 in the holiday raffle. :o

By the time the raffle gets here the book will have gone through an entire price cycle and be back down to exactly what it was worth when you put it in the raffle. So...no worries!

Oh and just in case I'm wrong, if it's still available near my pick? Those who pick above me? I'm 100 percent correct on this. Nothing to see here. Move on. ;)

+1

Doomsday will be one and done. He will be killed off in the film and no more. He'll be a throwaway character.

You don't know that. They've already made the calculated move of turning Zod into Doomsday, so they could easily keep the character around similar to what the Marvel movies have done with Loki.

I put my 9.8 in the holiday raffle. :o

By the time the raffle gets here the book will have gone through an entire price cycle and be back down to exactly what it was worth when you put it in the raffle. So...no worries!

Oh and just in case I'm wrong, if it's still available near my pick? Those who pick above me? I'm 100 percent correct on this. Nothing to see here. Move on. ;)

+1

Doomsday will be one and done. He will be killed off in the film and no more. He'll be a throwaway character.

You don't know that. They've already made the calculated move of turning Zod into Doomsday, so they could easily keep the character around similar to what the Marvel movies have done with Loki.

I agree, no reason that Superman 3 couldn't be the death and return of Superman, opening with an epic battle of Supes/Doomsday resulting in the death of both.

What did everyone think of the new Batman/Superman trailer with Lex, Wonder Woman and a new villain?

I kinda hated it. I am already sick of Eisenberg as Lex and he was onscreen for like 30 seconds. It just felt joyless, overly dark, and somehow low budget (which I know makes little sense). I know DC is going for a different feel than Marvel (and they should), but I did not care for Man of Steel, and this seems like it is going the same direction. Both Batman and Superman came across as completely unlikable and gloomy (Batman is allowed to be, but not Superman). Then they throw an over the top campy Lex at you which seems 100% out of place with an otherwise very serious universe.

+1

I really hope this movie doesn't suck.

Like everyone else, I thought the look of Doomsday was terrible, but one of the shows on Youtube mentioned this "might" be OK. In the comic book, the boney protrusions that gave Doomsday his distinctive look grew as he got stronger and fought Supes. If this is the approach that Snyder is taking, I'm fine with this. Otherwise, I think he really up the design for this monstere character.

They definitely gave too much away, but I think it looks pretty good.

I'm actually looking forward to it but could careless about a Wonder Woman cameo and I'm sick and tired of Luthor. They gave up way too much and I can see this getting boring quick once they show 10 minutes and back and forth smashing [just like the last Supes movie]. At least DC finally got around to showing some new super powered villains for a change, I'm not sure what took them so long.

Did you guys see Ben Affleck being funny as Batman?

Maybe. I actually liked the latest clip as it put him in a bit of more favorable light but I still can't get that butthead image out of my mind when I see him. WTF is with the scratchy voice again. :facepalm: Doesn't he has a lozenge in his utility belt.

Like everyone else, I thought the look of Doomsday was terrible, but one of the shows on Youtube mentioned this "might" be OK. In the comic book, the boney protrusions that gave Doomsday his distinctive look grew as he got stronger and fought Supes. If this is the approach that Snyder is taking, I'm fine with this. Otherwise, I think he really up the design for this monstere character.

It got buried in all the 'Abomination' and 'I'm making a mint off my Superman 18' posts.

:whee:(worship):whee:(worship):whee:

That was fantastic!

Though I wish Doomsday was further along in his outer shell development. I guess because this is his first appearance, his body hasn't experienced defeat yet so his metamorphosis into the tougher next phase occurs.

general_zod_doomsday.jpg

They will probably defeat him at the end of this movie, leading to his next phase in JL.

Actually, now that I went back a second time to watch, this is a further developed Doomsday.

Snj4iuF.png

And a badass one at that!

:whee:

But I think the same thing. This could be the first morph of Doomsday before he changes over to the more rock-covered version.

Did you guys see Ben Affleck being funny as Batman?

Maybe. I actually liked the latest clip as it put him in a bit of more favorable light but I still can't get that butthead image out of my mind when I see him. WTF is with the scratchy voice again. :facepalm: Doesn't he has a lozenge in his utility belt.

His supply fell out of his utility belt when he last used his shark repellent.