• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

They did give away a lot of information in the trailer. Looks Like Darkseid will be the big bad for the JL movies. The interesting thing is those Parademons looked to show up in the "dream: sequence. So it must be some sort of alternate reality/future where Superman rules over the Earth backed by Darkseid? Maybe Darkseid has him under mind control?

Not thrilled with the way Doomsday looked. CGI looked pretty bad, hopefully it will be better in the actual movie.

They did give away a lot of information in the trailer. Looks Like Darkseid will be the big bad for the JL movies. The interesting thing is those Parademons looked to show up in the "dream: sequence. So it must be some sort of alternate reality/future where Superman rules over the Earth backed by Darkseid? Maybe Darkseid has him under mind control?

Not thrilled with the way Doomsday looked. CGI looked pretty bad, hopefully it will be better in the actual movie.

CGI looked bad? How else are they supposed to make a Doomsday? Man in a suit? Puppet? You must be a star wars fan. You don't have Anything to compare him too cause he doesn't exist

tumblr_nyro4hfEGz1uvcgjlo2_500.gif

tumblr_nyro4hfEGz1uvcgjlo1_500.gif

tumblr_nyro4hfEGz1uvcgjlo3_500.gif

:whee:(worship):whee:(worship):whee:

That was fantastic!

Though I wish Doomsday was further along in his outer shell development. I guess because this is his first appearance, his body hasn't experienced defeat yet so his metamorphosis into the tougher next phase occurs.

general_zod_doomsday.jpg

They will probably defeat him at the end of this movie, leading to his next phase in JL.

Watched the trailer for a third time now. Doomsday is all about brute strength isn't he ? He has no other powers like heat vision ( as in the trailer) ?

Batman V Superman: Who Is Doomsday?

It was revealed that Doomsday was a Kryptonian genetic experiment, created centuries before humanoid Kryptonians would come to dominate the planet and essentially forced to evolve by generations of rapid cloning, torture, death, and re-cloning at the hands of an alien called Bertron.

Over thousands of years, the creature that would eventually become known as Doomsday fought and killed its way around the universe; it would be killed, and then evolve past whatever had killed it, unable to be destroyed in the same way twice. Eventually, after defeating it, an alien race had bound the alien as tightly as it could and then blasted it into space. The giant metal container in which Doomsday was held would eventually hit prehistoric Earth and bury itself miles underground -- only to be discovered when the monster awoke, smashed its way out, trashed the Justice League and killed Superman.

What Snyder must have done is because Doomsday is a morph of General Zod, who had heat vision before his death, then that carries over to his new form. Plus more.

Watched the trailer for a third time now. Doomsday is all about brute strength isn't he ? He has no other powers like heat vision ( as in the trailer) ?

Batman V Superman: Who Is Doomsday?

It was revealed that Doomsday was a Kryptonian genetic experiment, created centuries before humanoid Kryptonians would come to dominate the planet and essentially forced to evolve by generations of rapid cloning, torture, death, and re-cloning at the hands of an alien called Bertron.

Over thousands of years, the creature that would eventually become known as Doomsday fought and killed its way around the universe; it would be killed, and then evolve past whatever had killed it, unable to be destroyed in the same way twice. Eventually, after defeating it, an alien race had bound the alien as tightly as it could and then blasted it into space. The giant metal container in which Doomsday was held would eventually hit prehistoric Earth and bury itself miles underground -- only to be discovered when the monster awoke, smashed its way out, trashed the Justice League and killed Superman.

What Snyder must have done is because Doomsday is a morph of General Zod, who had heat vision before his death, then that carries over to his new form. Plus more.

Ok thanks.

DISSAPPOINTED after the Teaser the night before. Acting by Cavill and Affleck seemed wooden. Not impressed by Lex although I may just be tired of the character. Gadot looked awesome which I was glad to see. Eveyone already predicted Doomsday

i dig it.

For some reason the scenes with Lex weren't working for me, something off in the dialog. Maybe the addition of humor. I like the surprise addition of Doomsday.

The acting was terrible.

i dig it.

For some reason the scenes with Lex weren't working for me, something off in the dialog. Maybe the addition of humor. I like the surprise addition of Doomsday.

The acting was terrible.

1+

I thought all the acting was terrible. Could Henry Cavill come across as more board and flat as Clark Kent? Could Eisenberg have been more campy, it seemed like he should have been in the 60's Batman TV show. I liked Affleck the best, but again he seemed very monotone and one note.

i dig it.

The acting was terrible.

1+

I thought all the acting was terrible. Could Henry Cavill come across as more board and flat as Clark Kent? Could Eisenberg have been more campy, it seemed like he should have been in the 60's Batman TV show. I liked Affleck the best, but again he seemed very monotone and one note.

Ben Affleck will be the one saving grace in the film and the DC Film Universe. He is a better director than actor and I hope he has a chance to direct his solo Batman film. It may be too much to pull double duty though.