• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

i dig it.

For some reason the scenes with Lex weren't working for me, something off in the dialog. Maybe the addition of humor. I like the surprise addition of Doomsday.

The acting was terrible.

1+

I thought all the acting was terrible. Could Henry Cavill come across as more board and flat as Clark Kent? Could Eisenberg have been more campy, it seemed like he should have been in the 60's Batman TV show. I liked Affleck the best, but again he seemed very monotone and one note.

Ben Affleck will be the one saving grace in the film and the DC Film Universe. He is a better director than actor and I hope he has a chance to direct his solo Batman film. It may be too much to pull double duty though.

Well somebody needs to be at this point. Turning the keys over to Zack Snyder after the so-so reception to Man of Steel is looking like a bad move. If this movie is not a big hit, I am not sure where that leaves all of WB's plans they have mapped out. It seems as though Snyder is trying to re-imagine the DC universe for movies rather than translate and adapt it to the big screen. Which is unfortunate, because the latter approach is working very well for DC on TV right now. People may hate Disney, but giving Whedon control has worked extremely well (although I was disappointed with Age of Ultron). He just gets it and understand both the comic audience as well as the mainstream one. Not sure that Snyder does.

I could use some advice..... Heritage, CC, or CL?

get-attachment-4aspx_zps2ae58b4a.jpeg

The prices have doubled on eBay overnight for but it now.

I bought a 9.9 from CL about 4 years ago for under a grand. I sold it 2 years later on eBay for over grand. I decided to sell because the registry jumped from 2 existing copies to 5 existing copies. The buyer tried to flip it immediately via a 7-day auction on eBay and lost a couple of hundred. I would set a BIN price w/ BO option and see where it goes from there. Now is the time to sell. Prices will drop quickly. DC books do not seem to hold value as long as the Marvel books do.

Edited by greatbrandino

Wow. I think this trailer actually made me not want to see this movie. People already mentioned cringe worthy Lex and uninspired Doomsday, then you have Wonder Woman just showing up without any backstory. I think Snyder was the wrong choice to launch this DC universe. I guess it all comes down to box office numbers now though.

I could use some advice..... Heritage, CC, or CL?

The prices have doubled on eBay overnight for but it now.

I bought a 9.9 from CL about 4 years ago for under a grand. I sold it 2 years later on eBay for over grand. I decided to sell because the registry jumped from 2 existing copies to 5 existing copies. The buyer tried to flip it immediately after purchasing it via a 7-day auction on eBay and lost a couple of hundred. I would set a BIN price w/ BO option and see where it goes from there. Now is the time to sell. Prices will drop quickly. DC books do not seem to hold value as long as the Marvel books do.

Since you sold yours 2 years ago the amount of 9.8s on the census has tripled, BUT there are still only five 9.9s.

Edited by gadzukes

This trailer looks awful. mess acting, mess cgi, mess -script, mess dialog. I cringed almost from start to finish. I can't imagine any sensible person being excited for this movie after this trailer.

I don't like Lex as comedy relief. I didn't like it with Hackman, and I don't like it with Eisenberg. He's a criminal mastermind, not a goofball.
The best Lex was the Justice League cartoon Lex.
+1

Clancy Brown. (thumbs u Best. Lex. Ever.

Man, could you imagine if they'd hired C. Brown and shaved his head for the SvB Lex role? The instant publicity, the built in audience, the geek fervor? But then again, he might've stole the show as Lex. Can't have that, but man it would've been something to see.

At least he got a role on The Flash.

profilepicCB.jpg

This trailer looks awful. mess acting, mess cgi, mess -script, mess dialog. I cringed almost from start to finish. I can't imagine any sensible person being excited for this movie after this trailer.

You underestimate the fanboys.

He also underestimates how many letters are in "dialogue". :gossip:

I'm mixed on it but it seems to be much better than the past Superman movies made so that's a positive.

Lex looks ridiculous. My biggest gripe so far.

And, why is Amy Adams back? She sucked as Lois last time. Ugh.

Is Doomsday a reincarnation of General Zod?

Wow. I think this trailer actually made me not want to see this movie. People already mentioned cringe worthy Lex and uninspired Doomsday, then you have Wonder Woman just showing up without any backstory. I think Snyder was the wrong choice to launch this DC universe. I guess it all comes down to box office numbers now though.

Wonder Woman may have a backstory in the movie, this is only the trailer :shrug: