• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

There's more coming Wednesday.

:o

Full Batman V. Superman Trailer Coming Wednesday On Jimmy Kimmel Live

A full trailer for the film will be released during Jimmy Kimmel Live! on Wednesday night, December 2, 2015, they announced on twitter. No additional details were given, and currently the scheduled guests for the episode are Liv Tyler, Conor McGregor, and Music from G-Eazy.

batman-v-superman-kimmel-161183.png

The fact that this too is premiering on Jimmy Kimmel so soon after the Civil War trailer just adds more fuel to the competitive fire in my eyes. :popcorn:

I think this movie can go either way. It seems so dang grim and dark. I don't think anyone in a DC movie knows how to smile as of late. I hope I am wrong and the movie is great. They need to realize people have more than one emotional state.

I actually don't like the way Affleck's frown looks in the cowl. It hit me twice when I watched the trailer. Rest of it looks pretty solid. Was that Flash next to Batman?

Ummmmm ..... Supes doesn't need to remove the mask to see who's under it.

He does look pissed though :banana:

If I was Batman I'd probably line it with lead.

That must all be the "nightmare" sequence. The stuff that Bruce is dreaming or imagining might happen if Supes goes full metal dictator on the world.

Those Superman Gestapo solidiers are obviously from some dystopian future where all this could potentially happen.

It makes alot of sense that Bats would want to destroy him if he truly thinks that will manifest.

That must all be the "nightmare" sequence. The stuff that Bruce is dreaming or imagining might happen if Supes goes full metal dictator on the world.

Those Superman Gestapo solidiers are obviously from some dystopian future where all this could potentially happen.

It makes alot of sense that Bats would want to destroy him if he truly thinks that will manifest.

thats what i'm think it could be a nightmare. plus i do like seeing some of the elements of injustice comic.

thats what i'm think it could be a nightmare. plus i do like seeing some of the elements of injustice comic.

+ 1

It has to be a dream of things that could come, if Clark lost control.

Ummmmm ..... Supes doesn't need to remove the mask to see who's under it.

He does look pissed though :banana:

If I was Batman I'd probably line it with lead.

I was gonna say that...

you'd think dc wouldn't want to give any love to Jimmy Kimmel (airing on ABC, owned by Disney, parent of Marvel), and vice versa that Disney wouldn't want to pub Batman/Superman, a DC production.

or maybe there's enough room and hype for everyone to ride the comic gravy train as long as possible....

you'd think dc wouldn't want to give any love to Jimmy Kimmel (airing on ABC, owned by Disney, parent of Marvel), and vice versa that Disney wouldn't want to pub Batman/Superman, a DC production.

or maybe there's enough room and hype for everyone to ride the comic gravy train as long as possible....

I'm thinking they just have a lot of faith in the film and want to even the playing field as much as possible.

"Marvel goes Kimmel? Hell, let's play ball.."

As petty as some studios can be from time to time (including Marvel Studios), I bet you are right.

And free press on a positive note never hurts.

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

+ 1

It has to be a dream of things that could come, if Clark lost control.

The toy version of this Batman costume is called the "Knightmare Batman" which I think pretty much confirms this is a nightmare sequence with Bruce Wayne.

As petty as some studios can be from time to time (including Marvel Studios), I bet you are right.

And free press on a positive note never hurts.

Ratings are ratings. You might help DC with eyes seeing the trailer, but the ad space on that episode will probably be worth it to them.

Ya know, I just noticed something in this nightmare sequence that's really cool and is something I've haven't seen yet in any Batman movie.

Batman's wearing a cowl that actually allows him to move his head in a natural manner. Nolan's Batman addressed this issue by making the upper portion of the cowl into a helmet while keeping neck portion separate. Although it worked, it never really looked right to me. It gave Bale's Batman the "swelled head" look. About time.