• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

I hated Lex, but liked everything else. As soon as I saw Doomsday I smiled, but also immediately thought "Oh, they have a Cave Troll..."

troll.jpg

8e6c2afdfaad295cc980554ed104ad4b868a3626.JPG__846x0_q80.jpg

+1 that is immediately what I thought when I saw the trailer.

I hope Wonder Woman brought her Mithril outfit. :)

The trailer seems to imply that Lex does "reincarnate" Zod and turn him into Doomsday. Seems Zod is the only villain they can use at the end of a movie...

Well they are trying to have some level of carry over from the 1st movie, and establish a villain as a persistent threat. Marvel did the same thing with Loki, and at time it seems like he is the only villain in the MCU. Then again Loki in the movies has been awesome, Zod in MoS, not so much.

As someone who wasn't a fan of MOS I'm still interested in this, if only because I think Affleck looks good and the one idea I think is worth exploring is the "pre-existing universe". I like that this is a Batman who has already faced the Joker, maybe for years? Through these movies, the backstory will unfold for the characters. It's out of necessity because they're so far behind Marvel, but I'm at least curious to see how it's handled and that will get me to the theatre.

It takes so many years to get a movie made, it's likely that DC is following the Marvel example from Avengers (2012).

Ensemble cast, introduction of some new characters, meeting and collaboration of some well-known characters (once they get over the initial turmoil), and Loki/Lex with the Hulk as a villain instead of teammate.

As someone who wasn't a fan of MOS I'm still interested in this, if only because I think Affleck looks good and the one idea I think is worth exploring is the "pre-existing universe". I like that this is a Batman who has already faced the Joker, maybe for years? Through these movies, the backstory will unfold for the characters. It's out of necessity because they're so far behind Marvel, but I'm at least curious to see how it's handled and that will get me to the theatre.

+1

:banana: Chris

The worst thing the Trailer did was break the carefully teased tension of Batman v Superman. They should've marketed the title and left Lex/Doomsday out of it for now. Let the common enemy be a surprise.

That final scene visually concludes the 'title' conflict, has them standing united. Should've been saved for the theater imho.

I put my 9.8 in the holiday raffle. :o

By the time the raffle gets here the book will have gone through an entire price cycle and be back down to exactly what it was worth when you put it in the raffle. So...no worries!

Oh and just in case I'm wrong, if it's still available near my pick? Those who pick above me? I'm 100 percent correct on this. Nothing to see here. Move on. ;)

Darkseid is reported to be the villain in the first JL movie so with this trailer, it seems like it is true with those parademons. This is supposed to be movie about Batman & Superman, Wonder Woman plays a small part for THIS movie, so no back story is fine, as long as everything explained in the next JL movie and her own movie, I am good. Just not sure why Lex is so young compare to Clark, aren't they high school friends, similar age?

Darkseid is reported to be the villain in the first JL movie so with this trailer, it seems like it is true with those parademons. This is supposed to be movie about Batman & Superman, Wonder Woman plays a small part for THIS movie, so no back story is fine, as long as everything explained in the next JL movie and her own movie, I am good. Just not sure why Lex is so young compare to Clark, aren't they high school friends, similar age?

Jesse Eisenberg and Henry Cavil are the same age

I put my 9.8 in the holiday raffle. :o

By the time the raffle gets here the book will have gone through an entire price cycle and be back down to exactly what it was worth when you put it in the raffle. So...no worries!

Oh and just in case I'm wrong, if it's still available near my pick? Those who pick above me? I'm 100 percent correct on this. Nothing to see here. Move on. ;)

+1

Doomsday will be one and done. He will be killed off in the film and no more. He'll be a throwaway character. The books (MOS 17 & 18) will definitely see a quick bump in price. One book you can look at as an example is Batman: Vengeance of Bane. Most 9.8s jumped to around the $300 mark. I think several 9.9s were sold, too, but only around the $1500 mark. Prices went down as fast as they went up once The Dark Knight Rises hit the theaters.