• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

What did everyone think of the new Batman/Superman trailer with Lex, Wonder Woman and a new villain?

I kinda hated it. I am already sick of Eisenberg as Lex and he was onscreen for like 30 seconds. It just felt joyless, overly dark, and somehow low budget (which I know makes little sense). I know DC is going for a different feel than Marvel (and they should), but I did not care for Man of Steel, and this seems like it is going the same direction. Both Batman and Superman came across as completely unlikable and gloomy (Batman is allowed to be, but not Superman). Then they throw an over the top campy Lex at you which seems 100% out of place with an otherwise very serious universe.

Edited by drotto

Doomsday looks a bit Television CGC ish....

And they just met, now they are going to tackle him??? Good Luck with that.

doomsday.jpg

Lex also appears to have that clownish aspect that we've all learned to hate about the movie versions... :sick:

Wish they would've used Heisenberg (Bryan Cranston)-(

I thought Doomsday looked like the Abomination from the Incredible Hulk - and that's NOT a flattering comparison. Aside from him, and whatever character Eisenberg was playing (certainly wasn't Lex) I liked it. He's an excellent actor, by the way...here's hoping they're intentionally showing us this one side of his character and we'll see development to a more appropriate Lex later in the movie.

I don't know how I feel about the whole movie in general, serious parts, comedic feeling parts, and intense suspense all within seconds of each other. I'll I can say is I'm happy I was hoarding man of steel 18 for the past 2 years ,$$$$$. I will use that money to go see the movie.

I don't like Lex as comedy relief. I didn't like it with Hackman, and I don't like it with Eisenberg. He's a criminal mastermind, not a goofball.

The best Lex was the Justice League cartoon Lex.

I agree but would also add Michael Rosenbaum from Smallville.

Coincidently he was also the voice of The Flash in the Justice League cartoon.