• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

I went to the movie expecting it to be bad and I actually REALLY liked it!

It was much better than Avengers: Age of Ultron, better than Man of Steel, and better than Deadpool.

Affleck was great as an older more badass Batman, Cavill was ok, Gadot was good, and I didn't have a problem with Eisenberg's Lex Luthor.

There were a couple scenes that were annoying: (the bathtub scene was totally unnecessary) and the scene with Kevin Costner was also unnecessary.

The music was bad. Especially during the final battle when Superman is away with Lois Lane and the music abruptly stops and chances to some romantic garbage. That took me out of the movie briefly; but overall the movie was really entertaining and surprisingly good.

I give it a B+

That battle theme for Wonder Woman seemed perfect for her main appearances.

One of the highlights of the movie for me was WW's theme song. That's a catchy riff.

Yes, agreed! Thanks for posting Bosco. Great to know the man behind the music. Hans is a beast. :headbang::headbang:

I keep hearing references to issues with the story, which puzzles me since David S. Goyer wrote the story, but also wrote the Christopher Nolan Batman movies and Man of Steel with Nolan. He is quite an accomplished superhero writer. Is the difference in these movies the director or the fact that Nolan wrote the screenplays for the Batman trilogy and Man of Steel, but didn't touch BvsS? Maybe it is time for Snyder to leave the franchise.

Edited by Captain Canuck

The only scene with Lex Luthor that had me going WTF was when he was feeding that dude jolly ranchers. What the hell was that about lol

You feed treats to a pet. The governmental official was doing whatever Lex asked of him. It was a power play to feed him the candy.

Enjoyed the movie overall. Saw it with my 17-year-old nephew, who at the end leaned to me and said, "That sucked." I think he saw the hurt on my face, because he immediately followed with, "Just kidding." lol

I do want to see it again, just to digest everything that was visually vomited at me. A few things stuck out:

* That first hour felt very disjointed, particularly the confusing dream sequences. Too many!

* It was jarring seeing Gotham right across the water from Metropolis. Is that a thing? When did Gotham become a suburb of Superman's city?

* Wonder Woman! Yay! And not a cheesy version!

* Flash appearing to Bruce from the future! Was my favorite part of the movie (though granted, hard to understand). Thought it was a first glimpse set-up to Crisis! Didn't understand how he could appear in a dream though.

* But then sounds like that was just a set-up for some video game storyline. So meh.

* Wonder Woman magic lasso!

* Disappointed that the Justice League players were only cameos, and as video recordings? Hmm. That might have been better as an after-credits scene.

* So if Batman's history with Gotham is already that old, wouldn't it have been much more prevalent in Man of Steel? He's already in the twilight of his career! Man of Steel seemed like it was the dawn of the super-hero only months earlier! I think this timeline inconsistency bugged me on something of a subconscious level through the movie.

* Eisenberg as Lex was better than I feared, but still took me out of the movie at times. Didn't quite get his motivation.

* Kudos on the decision to kill Superman. Didn't see that coming! Even with Doomsday involved. Probably because I knew he had to be around for the future movies. Of course, he ended up coming back to life at the end. But still, caught me off-guard.

* Who was Pete Ross? Saw his name in the credits and wondered where I'd missed him.

* Didn't like Doomsday's chest explosions. Unnecessary. And didn't quite understand what they were. At first, I thought they were EMP bursts. Then concussive blasts. Then nuclear-like explosions.

* And where were his genitals? I'm hoping the R-rated Director's Cut gives us a big ol' Doomsday Dingaling a la Watchmen.

* Kevin Costner....dream? hallucination? ghost? flash-back-forward? contract commitment?

* Where were all the "surprises" that were promised?

* Are Easter Eggs still Easter Eggs if they're in the trailers?

* Needed more interactive hero character cameos. Hoping that will happen with future movies.

* Jeez, maybe I didn't like it as much as I thought....

I weep for The Flash movie

They need to cast Grant Gustin. My kids were like, "That's not the Flash!?"

That's because the movie Flash is Wally West... ;)

He is listed on IMDb as Barry Allen/The Flash for Justice League Part One.

The Justice League Part One (2017)

I know. I was JK :grin:

You'd think with the quantity of Flashes available, they'd mix it up a little... But no. It ALWAYS has to be Barry.

Wally was good enough for the Justice League series... ;)

Anyway, I hit the link above... Amber Heard as Mera :applause: Someone will be along in a minute to say she doesn't have the right physique for the part of Mera... or red hair... or gills...