• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

I would not kick either one out of bed for eating crackers.

I wouldn't even bother with Garner

Further evidence that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Jennifer Garner is one of my Top 5 Hollywood girlfriends.

J-Lo is a minor key.

I don't understand why everyone is hating on the darker serious tone of the DC movies - personally I like the angle they are taking. Marvel has the funny action super-hero movie down to a science, so I actually think DC is smart going in a different direction.

I don't understand why everyone is hating on the darker serious tone of the DC movies - personally I like the angle they are taking. Marvel has the funny action super-hero movie down to a science, so I actually think DC is smart going in a different direction.

My criticism is leveled at DC being dark across the line. Some characters should absolutely be dark. Some characters shouldn't.

DD? Dark.

Batman? Dark.

Cap? Optimistic.

Thor? Light.

Avengers? Light.

Guardians? Ridiculous.

Superman? Hopeful & light. Superman should outshine even the brightest world he's in.

But DC seems to want to make everything dark. Not even just serious. Serious is fine. But to make Superman into a dour dark movie is a mistake. Especially after the whole "S means Hope" thing from MoS. Even if you want to portray the world as dark, Superman himself should be a shining light in that darkness. He should contrast to a dark world.

It's kind of like watching episodes of the different CSI shows. The regular one is Marvel. Some dark. Some light. But mostly kinda balanced. But DC seems like they decided to steal the cameras from CSI NY, which would work great for Batman, but not so much for Superman. To continue the (admittedly weak) analogy a little further, Superman should be shot with the CSI Miami cameras. But they only have the CSI NY cameras.

I suspect that that will all change with Suicide Squad.. I just cant picture having a dark serious movie with Will Smith on board

I suspect that that will all change with Suicide Squad.. I just cant picture having a dark serious movie with Will Smith on board

Something does feel different with Suicide Squad. Although with Deathstroke and Amanda Waller involved, it will still have its darker side.

That's one I cannot wait to watch.

Something does feel different with Suicide Squad. Although with Deathstroke and Amanda Waller involved, it will still have its darker side.

That's one I cannot wait to watch.

Will Smith was pretty serious in I am Legend. But I think you're right. A big ensemble piece needs some levity to work.

'Batman v Superman' leaked trailer summary and reactions from fans

"Is it really surprising that the most powerful man in the world should be a figure of controversy?" a voice asks in the trailer, which has Portuguese subtitles and was slated to debut on Monday.

"We as a population on this planet have been looking for a savior," "Human beings have a horrible track record of following people with great power," "Maybe he's just a guy trying to do the right thing," followed by, "We know better now, don't we? Devils don't come from hell. They come from the sky."

Holly Hunter's character, a senator, then says, "The world has been so caught up with what he can do that no one has asked what he should do."

Enter the voice of Batman's Alfred, played by Jeremy Irons, who utters, "That's how it starts, the feeling, the powerlessness that turns good men cruel."

"Tell me, do you bleed?" Batman asks Superman. "You will."

My criticism is leveled at DC being dark across the line. Some characters should absolutely be dark. Some characters shouldn't.

DD? Dark.

Batman? Dark.

Cap? Optimistic.

Thor? Light.

Avengers? Light.

Guardians? Ridiculous.

Superman? Hopeful & light. Superman should outshine even the brightest world he's in.

But DC seems to want to make everything dark. Not even just serious. Serious is fine. But to make Superman into a dour dark movie is a mistake. Especially after the whole "S means Hope" thing from MoS. Even if you want to portray the world as dark, Superman himself should be a shining light in that darkness. He should contrast to a dark world.

It's kind of like watching episodes of the different CSI shows. The regular one is Marvel. Some dark. Some light. But mostly kinda balanced. But DC seems like they decided to steal the cameras from CSI NY, which would work great for Batman, but not so much for Superman. To continue the (admittedly weak) analogy a little further, Superman should be shot with the CSI Miami cameras. But they only have the CSI NY cameras.

I understand what you are saying - but I don't think taking a different spin on a character is a bad thing. As a huge Superman fan I actually really like a different take like this - plus there have been dark Superman stories - which have been great.

I am ok with a movie and director putting a different spin on a character - I do not need them to be wedded to the source material. But I understand that some people are outraged when a movie deviates from the comics - so to each their own.

The leaked Batman V Superman trailer isn't the one the USA will get

Ladies and gentlemen, the Batman V Superman trailer that leaked was INTERNATIONAL. Which means that there will be different footage shown for the USA. El Mayimbe and THE OFFICIAL BATMAN V SUPERMAN TWITTER FEED reports this.

The trailer we will get will be Domestic. And a tad different then the International one

So this preview seems to pan Batman as a villain...is that the plot or are we just seeing perhaps the first encounter these two have before they realize they're not enemies?

Latino Review leaked a few months back that Lex Luthor convinces Superman that Batman is a villain, and must be stopped. That's supposedly what leads to the confrontation.

So this preview seems to pan Batman as a villain...is that the plot or are we just seeing perhaps the first encounter these two have before they realize they're not enemies?

Latino Review leaked a few months back that Lex Luthor convinces Superman that Batman is a villain, and must be stopped. That's supposedly what leads to the confrontation.

Ahhhhh that would make sense...I cant wait to see Mondays reveal or at the very least loose the annoying subtitles

A twist on the old superhero versus superhero battle.

SPOILERS: Here's Why BATMAN And SUPERMAN End Up Fighting In DAWN OF JUSTICE

Badass Digest have spoilers which may shed some light on how the fight between these two iconic DC Comics superheroes ends up playing out on the big screen.

Batman v Superman is inspired - not based on - The Dark Knight Returns, but this version of the Man of Steel won't be some sort of government lackey. In fact, as was evident at the conclusion of his 2013 movie, Superman still isn't trusted by politicians and the military. Instead, it will be Lex Luthor who sends the hero to Gotham City to take down The Dark Knight! Why would he do that?

Well, the site [isn]'t saying, but do reveal that "it is Superman who goes to Gotham and starts the confrontation… at the behest of Lex Luthor. And unlike The Dark Knight Returns, Superman comes out swinging, pulverizing the Batmobile with one punch. Why would Superman do Lex Luthor’s bidding? What is Lex hoping to accomplish? That would be spoiling. But know that when the fight is over, Batman will be able to point to Superman and say, "He started it!"

:bump:

DD? Dark.

Batman? Dark.

Cap? Optimistic.

Thor? Light.

Avengers? Light.

Guardians? Ridiculous.

I understand what you are saying - but I don't think taking a different spin on a character is a bad thing. As a huge Superman fan I actually really like a different take like this - plus there have been dark Superman stories - which have been great.

I am ok with a movie and director putting a different spin on a character - I do not need them to be wedded to the source material. But I understand that some people are outraged when a movie deviates from the comics - so to each their own.

I'm not outraged, as much as disinterested as a result of deviating from the core of the character so much. It's why I'm pleased with the Marvel approach. Even deviating from the source material, they don't necessarily deviate from the core of the character too far. But it seems like DC/WB (and to a degree, FOX, Sony & the other companies that had licensed properties) have done this with a lot more regularity & been left scratching their heads at the less-than-Marvel results.

I have no doubt this will be a good Batman movie. But I have my doubts that it will be any better of a Superman movie than MoS was (which was a good movie, but a bad Superman movie)