• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

I'm diggin it like a madman. here's why:

first up, the first few opening scenes feel like Watchmen to me.

looks like at some point Supes has taken over as some sort of dictator to save us from ourselves. sorta like "Brave new Metropolis" from S:TAS. or Superman: Red Son, or many other comic storylines with the same theme. the troops who bow down before him have the "S" symbol on their uniforms so I guess Supes has his own army, maybe also in conjunction with the government as well. ala TDKR storyline, no one trusts him, Luthor helps Bats confront him.

this is all just guesses based on this trailer, I haven't kept up on all the rumored storylines, etc. so I may be waaaay off base. but, I love Superman, love Batman, can't wait. :)

Funny, I loved it.

I think this is what DC needs to gain some ground on Marvel. They have most of their chips riding on this, which is why they put a big name like Affleck on it. If this flops DC may as well just give up the idea of making Superhero movies. lol

Well furious seven just went over 1 billion, would not this movie have a larger

fan base, and if so then how much could it make???

I can't believe F7 did $1MIL.

Kids I spoke to didn't like the movie.

Not as good as SW or Av2 teasers, but it was alright. I didn't hate the last Superman movie and I do like the Batman costume. The DKR4 looking battle is what I'm looking forward to.

I'll go see this one in the theater.

I enjoyed the trailer. I think Batman looks even better here than in the Nolan series, though I imagine they won't be able to recapture the "realness" that Nolan had with the character, and we'll have a much more "fantasy"-like Batman.

Superman, I'm not sold on. To be honest (it's an unpopular opinion) but I just can't connect with this new guy like I did with Tom Welling in Smallville.

I know. NO ONE agrees with me, and that's fine by me (thumbs u

Superman, I'm not sold on. To be honest (it's an unpopular opinion) but I just can't connect with this new guy like I did with Tom Welling in Smallville.

I know. NO ONE agrees with me, and that's fine by me (thumbs u

I agree with you. I always thought that for the first Superman "reboot" they should've used the Smallville cast. That show was great and could've been the perfect transition to films for DC/WB. They missed the boat on that big time.