• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

That is one bad :censored: looking Batman.

Looks like they did a direct lift from Arkham City with similar textures, rivets, brads, seams and bulk.

Sort of an Arkham City suit with Dark Knight ears hybrid.

batman-arkham-city-skyline-1.jpg

Holy Steroids!

I'm pretty confident this movie is going to make a ton of money.

And it's going to suck.

A combination that is not good for comics in the long run.

You mean like Iron Man 3?

Change the record.

my oh my how jaded we have become in so short a time. The mere fact that we are seeing this and its actually in production with this serious grim tone and delving into such "advanced post 90s comics themes" (not the silly 60s and 70s stuff) is just amazing.

of course WB can mess it up and NOT give us the epic story we hope for or think we are getting (like Superman Returns) but jeez… they are TRYING and giving a very energetic and expensive effort, no? (Actually they will probably not layer in enough humor etc as Marvel does (like Hulk sucker punching Thor or Downey doing anything Downey does! etc) and we will get nothing BUT a long serious, ominous and unrelenting struggle for 2 and a half hours…. yikes.

But as others often say, lets be aware and grateful for what we are getting from Hollywood today! Dreams come true for most of us.

I'm pretty confident this movie is going to make a ton of money.

And it's going to suck.

A combination that is not good for comics in the long run.

You mean like Iron Man 3?

Change the record.

No.

Shoe horned universe?

By that I meant that they were trying to do things to quickly, and introduce too much in one film, to get to the shared universe right away, because they feel they need to "catch up". Forcing things is a dangerous way to waste a real opportunity.

Shoe horned universe?

By that I meant that they were trying to do things to quickly, and introduce too much in one film, to get to the shared universe right away, because they feel they need to "catch up". Forcing things is a dangerous way to waste a real opportunity.

or it could be the other way around, maybe they figured out the timeline & wanted to make sure it works out. which could also be one of the reason they push the movie back to next year. hell look how everything is moving with SS and pretty soon it'll be the same for WW.

Captain America 3 is going to make double this film, without breaking a sweat.

Is that hyperbole or do you really believe Captain America 3 will double Dawn of Justice?

Well, calling it Captain America 3 was hyperbole I suppose, but no I really mean it and have talked about it in other threads.

its been my opinion for a while that:

Civil War will be a 1.5-1.8 Billion movie

BvS will be a 750-900 Million movie

Ironman 3 alone did 1.2 Bill, in the post Ultron (likely 2 Bill) bump world, with all roads, TV, Netflix, and all Movies, tying directly into Civil War, with Black Panther and Spider-man debuting in it, plus it essentially being Iron Man 4 now with Downey as a lead...

and Chris Evan's cap Dying likely not to be revived until infinity war 2 by the gauntlet

Yeah, it will double up BvS.

Edited by CBT

Shoe horned universe?

or it could be the other way around, maybe they figured out the timeline & wanted to make sure it works out. which could also be one of the reason they push the movie back to next year. hell look how everything is moving with SS and pretty soon it'll be the same for WW.

Yeah, the BvS release seems glacial to me. Didn't Star Wars announce after BvS? And it will be out for Christmas. Anyway, WB has re-introduced both characters ad nauseum so now is as good a time as any to just get on with it.

'Dawn of Justice' could be renamed 'About Damn Time' imho

Yeah, the BvS release seems glacial to me. Didn't Star Wars announce after BvS? And it will be out for Christmas. Anyway, WB has re-introduced both characters ad nauseum so now is as good a time as any to just get on with it.

'Dawn of Justice' could be renamed 'About Damn Time' imho

But really, its just Superman 2 with Batman added, then they went all in and are adding even more characters. It'd be like if Civil War, (or Avengers), came after Ironman 1.

Ideally, imo, Batman should have been teased at the end of Superman 2, which should have came out last Summer, then you launch a NEW Batman Trilogy next year with Batman vs Superman, have a 2nd property out this year and next year as well (maybe Wonder Woman if they had been with it, to be first out the gate with a female led movie), and then the year after that (2 years from now), you hit with Justice League, and introduce the other characters there, and spin off into their solo films in the following years as a lead up to JL2.

I think they dropped the ball big time in several ways, casting Affleck being first, trying to to play release date chicken with Marvel instead of accepting second place and going for quality over forced catch up, and in trying to premier too many characters in a "fast" way.

If we were taking bets, I would bet on the DCU failing and ushering in the much vaunted "superhero fatigue" and the end of the superhero golden age for movies. While other, non-superhero movies emulate the shared universe and cross media branding. Marvel will still be here, and many other "shared universes", but I dont think DC is going to make it.

Edited by CBT

It may just be the perspective of DC fans and not. DC characters have been out there forever. Adventures of Superman, Batman, Superfriends, the Donnerverse, the Nolanverse, the DCAU, Smallville, and on and on and on and on.

So with movies DC does seem behind. But not with keeping up with Marvel. Or another origin trilogy. But waaaay, way behind advancing the damn story.

Justice League and the larger DCU. It's not only time, it's long past due.

Taste in women is subjective. I think both of those women are gorgeous.

I realize that. Still...get some glasses, Roy. ;)

Personally, I think most of the women guys here find attractive aren't.

Maybe some taste is in order for some of you guys? lol

Well Chip likes Karen Page from Daredevil... :sick:

You don't think Woll is attractive? Wow.

my oh my how jaded we have become in so short a time. The mere fact that we are seeing this and its actually in production with this serious grim tone and delving into such "advanced post 90s comics themes" (not the silly 60s and 70s stuff) is just amazing.

of course WB can mess it up and NOT give us the epic story we hope for or think we are getting (like Superman Returns) but jeez… they are TRYING and giving a very energetic and expensive effort, no? (Actually they will probably not layer in enough humor etc as Marvel does (like Hulk sucker punching Thor or Downey doing anything Downey does! etc) and we will get nothing BUT a long serious, ominous and unrelenting struggle for 2 and a half hours…. yikes.

But as others often say, lets be aware and grateful for what we are getting from Hollywood today! Dreams come true for most of us.

This. Thank you my friend.

Obviously this movie will make money, but I wonder what the threshold is for it. Like, is $750 million global a big enough bomb to shut down the rest of the movies in development and end the shoe horned universe?

Shoe horned universe? I would think all the cinematic advances that finally allows for superhero realism have been leading up to this. Superman and Batman? C'mon. General audiences who couldn't have named a single Avenger before their movie know these two heroes. Worldwide.

That's not saying WB can't screw it up. But if done well it should be an 'Event' film like hasn't been seen for quite some time.

Only thing that WB could do to screw this up is kill either Batman or Superman, then bring them back from the dead in a future picture. :o

That would leave a terrible taste in mainstreams fans minds, similar to what happened with comics in the 90s when they killed off Superman, and broke Batman`s back.

We comic book fans will tolerate those shenanigans do to our loyality,but mainstream won`t have that same loyalty.

So please Warner don`t use the kill off Superman or Batman gimmick!

:wishluck:

Obviously this movie will make money, but I wonder what the threshold is for it. Like, is $750 million global a big enough bomb to shut down the rest of the movies in development and end the shoe horned universe?

Shoe horned universe? I would think all the cinematic advances that finally allows for superhero realism have been leading up to this. Superman and Batman? C'mon. General audiences who couldn't have named a single Avenger before their movie know these two heroes. Worldwide.

That's not saying WB can't screw it up. But if done well it should be an 'Event' film like hasn't been seen for quite some time.

Only thing that WB could do to screw this up is kill either Batman or Superman, then bring them back from the dead in a future picture. :o

That would leave a terrible taste in mainstreams fans minds, similar to what happened with comics in the 90s when they killed off Superman, and broke Batman`s back.

We comic book fans will tolerate those shenanigans do to our loyality,but mainstream won`t have that same loyalty.

So please Warner don`t use the kill off Superman or Batman gimmick!

:wishluck:

I have to admit a lot of my early reservations over Marvel Agents of SHIELD, was in fact how they brought Coulson back (off camera) so quickly. At least with Star Trek, it took years (a couple of movies) before Spock got all his marbles back.

Batman V. Superman Trailer Easter Egg List

- 300 on rocket (nod to his big Frank Miller movie)

- Riddler question mark

- Batman standing in wreckage of train station where Zod and Superman ended their battle

- Aphrodite in the graffitti (Wonder Woman link)

- Enos in graffiti (Clay Enos: worked on Man of Steel and Batman V Superman)

- Possible Robin memorial