• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

Siegel and Shuster, who were both Jewish, created Superman to be the "Champion of the Oppressed."

"Nazism was rising up and a lot of innocent people were being killed, countries were being invaded, a lot of innocence slaughtered and I felt that the world desperately needed a crusader, if only a fictional one." -Jerry Siegel

If they are using symbolism that is even Nazi-like in reference to Superman, they are straying very far from the original heart of the character.

I doubt they are going there with Superman. If anything, it may even be this militant group that wants to follow in his footsteps like the Sons of the Batman in The Dark Knight Returns.

That could be it.

The mixed voices makes it come across like The Dark Knight Returns when all the reporters and debate shows are factored into the story. Like the events taking place in the comic books are part of world news.

I recognize Charlie Rose, Holly Hunter (her as a political commentator), Neil deGrasse Tyson ('We're talking about a being whose very existence challenges our own sense of priority in the universe'), Jesse Eisenberg (I love that 'Devils don't come from the Hell beneath us' line), and then Jeremy Irons as Alfred.

I like it!

Taste in women is subjective. I think both of those women are gorgeous.

I realize that. Still...get some glasses, Roy. ;)

Personally, I think most of the women guys here find attractive aren't.

Maybe some taste is in order for some of you guys? lol

Well Chip likes Karen Page from Daredevil... :sick:

And there was some symblism that goes by quite fast in the trailer.

3mMQWg5.png

Riddler's '?' and those soldiers kneeling to Superman with his 'S' on their shoulders.

There's been a few actors recently talking about wanting to play The Riddler. Maybe there is a reason that has come up a few times in backroom interviews.

Those soldiers look like Nazi's. If Snyder ends up making the audience empathize with Luthor and make Superman out to be the enemy that would be crazy cool.

Siegel and Shuster, who were both Jewish, created Superman to be the "Champion of the Oppressed."

"Nazism was rising up and a lot of innocent people were being killed, countries were being invaded, a lot of innocence slaughtered and I felt that the world desperately needed a crusader, if only a fictional one." -Jerry Siegel

If they are using symbolism that is even Nazi-like in reference to Superman, they are straying very far from the original heart of the character.

The German stahlhelm is iconic. The appearance of the soldiers in the trailer is definitely a close recreation.

Stahlhelm.jpg

Edited by Couchy81

I really like what they are giving us plot wise.

The timing was awful, as the SW trailer was just epic, but I still am looking forward to this movie only second to SW.

I'm a fan of both Star Wars and DC and to be honest, I enjoyed the Dawn of Justice trailer a lot more.

You need help.

The timing was awful, as the SW trailer was just epic, but I still am looking forward to this movie only second to SW.

I'm a fan of both Star Wars and DC and to be honest, I enjoyed the Dawn of Justice trailer a lot more.

You need help.

There just wasn't much plot-wise. Seemed to me as if most of the excitement came from nostalgia.

You need help.

There just wasn't much plot-wise. Seemed to me as if most of the excitement came from nostalgia.

It's a teaser. What plot are you expecting? A teaser isn't even a full trailer, let alone the film.

You need help.

It's a teaser. What plot are you expecting? A teaser isn't even a full trailer, let alone the film.

doh!

I didn't realize it was just the teaser. To be honest, I wasn't paying close attention to the video's run-time, nor have I kept up to snuff with the details of when what is being released Star Wars wise.

I was just speaking of it in comparison to the Dawn of Justice trailer -- which got me more excited for that film than the Star Wars teaser did, to spark my interest for Episode 7.

Edited by Wayne-Tec

I'm not gonna lie... The trailer wasn't as good as I expected

And really, how can Batman take on Superman?

Sorry for the hate

Had you read Dark Knight? It's all there.

:gossip: just being facetious

It's actually quite the epic fight. Well worth the $7.50 Walmart is charging right now.

And with a little help of a one-armed Green Arrow and kryptonite arrow...

My theory with the soldiers kneeling before Superman is that this is another vision like the one he had with Zod and drowning in the skulls. It's a vision of what Superman would become if he let the sheer power of being Superman corrupt him. If it lets him turn into the Superman from Injustice: Gods Among Us. Superman has to remember that underneath he is still Clark Kent and is here to save humanity, not dominate them.

My theory with the soldiers kneeling before Superman is that this is another vision like the one he had with Zod and drowning in the skulls. It's a vision of what Superman would become if he let the sheer power of being Superman corrupt him. If it lets him turn into the Superman from Injustice: Gods Among Us. Superman has to remember that underneath he is still Clark Kent and is here to save humanity, not dominate them.

Brilliant assumption!

:applause:

Especially if he is even questioning his own actions, and concerned the power will go to his head.

I'm not gonna lie... The trailer wasn't as good as I expected

And really, how can Batman take on Superman?

Sorry for the hate

Had you read Dark Knight? It's all there.

:gossip: just being facetious

It's actually quite the epic fight. Well worth the $7.50 Walmart is charging right now.

And with a little help of a one-armed Green Arrow and kryptonite arrow...

I loved how Superman ripped open the Batmobile and Carrie Kelly had her slingshot drawn. She wasn't down without a fight either. (thumbs u