• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

At 2:08 in the newest trailer, would that not be the actress who played Mariko in Wolverine?

That's her! Her role was announced back in July.

Although this was hinted at months ago, Tao Okamoto's role finally confirmed.

‘Batman v Superman': Tao Okamoto Is Playing Mercy Graves

osBTxwFl.jpg

It comes up as part of the DC All Access BvS trailer breakdown.

CBR: Latest "Batman v Superman" Trailer May Highlight the True Difference Between Marvel & DC Films

Rather than "edgy," the new "BvS" trailer felt like it could best be described as something else: Over the top. In a good way; in a way that superhero fare of this scale should be. In three minutes, viewers see a deliberately goofball Lex Luthor, Superman racing a Batwing, Batman grappling-gunning out of the way of a heat vision blast, Superman saving a rocket like it's no big deal and a mad scientist Lex seemingly Frankenstein-ing Zod's corpse into Doomsday. That's all before Wonder Woman shows up -- and were those Parademons flying around? Even though Batman has no superpowers and often has street-level adventures, it feels meaningful that this is the way DC and WB have chosen to introduce Ben Affleck's take on the character -- literally standing shoulder to shoulder with gods.

So maybe the difference between Marvel and DC's movies won't be "light versus dark," but the same underlying differences that have defined Marvel and DC's comic books for 50-plus years. While Marvel looks to (mostly) use superheroes to comment on the real world, DC appears to be (mostly) building a grander, more fantasy-based world in which to operate. Both approaches are valid, and as we've seen from the enduring popularity of all of these characters, perfectly viable -- and if history is any indication, fans will argue which approach is better for decades to come.

MOVIEPILOT.COM: Batman v Superman Villain Doomsday Confirms "Death of Superman" Man of Steel Sequel

If you notice in The Death of Superman comic Doomsday is a fully matured villain. His bones are protruded fully through his skin and he uses his Kryptonian bones to fight Superman which ultimately leads to his death. As we see in the trailer Doomsday has not fully evolved. When he takes on the Trinity of Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman he is merely in stage 1 of his development as a super villain. Which brings me to the start of my theory...

batman-v-superman-villain-doomsday-confirms-death-of-superman-man-of-steel-sequel-741617.jpg

MOVIEPILOT.COM: Batman v Superman Villain Doomsday Confirms "Death of Superman" Man of Steel Sequel

If you notice in The Death of Superman comic Doomsday is a fully matured villain. His bones are protruded fully through his skin and he uses his Kryptonian bones to fight Superman which ultimately leads to his death. As we see in the trailer Doomsday has not fully evolved. When he takes on the Trinity of Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman he is merely in stage 1 of his development as a super villain. Which brings me to the start of my theory...

batman-v-superman-villain-doomsday-confirms-death-of-superman-man-of-steel-sequel-741617.jpg

Gosh, I hope Supes will recover in a sequel!

the last couple of days at work a lot of co-works and some customer didn't care for the BvS movie at first because they though it was dumb that they are fight each other. Now they are coming to me excited to watch the movie and seeing how everything it plays. some have said they love the way trailer shows off wonder woman and how plays a part in the film.

the last couple of days at work a lot of co-works and some customer didn't care for the BvS movie at first because they though it was dumb that they are fight each other. Now they are coming to me excited to watch the movie and seeing how everything it plays. some have said they love the way trailer shows off wonder woman and how plays a part in the film.

I'm going through the same thing at work. And I have had that Mondo poster hanging in my work area for a few months now, which briefly caught someone's eye. Now, it was the hot topic.

1LVJ72M.jpg

Wonder Woman seems to be the one women at work are asking questions about. Although their comments about Affleck's 'sexy chin' can make for some interesting discussion.

lol

My wife saw the trailer and actually clapped when Wonder Woman appeared.

I think the movie has the potential to appeal to a lot of non-comic book fans.

My wife saw the trailer and actually clapped when Wonder Woman appeared.

I think the movie has the potential to appeal to a lot of non-comic book fans.

thats what i think WB/DC are going for since the samething happen with the Norlan Batman Trilogy. it grab more people out side of the comic book world.

thats what i think WB/DC are going for since the same thing happen with the Norlan Batman Trilogy. it grab more people out side of the comic book world.

And that is why there is always the possibility hardcore comic book fans are not going to see their beloved stories played out 100% on the big screen. It needs to grab more than that smaller part of the population.

I think from the general reaction, Warner may have hit the right points.

thats what i think WB/DC are going for since the same thing happen with the Norlan Batman Trilogy. it grab more people out side of the comic book world.

And that is why there is always the possibility hardcore comic book fans are not going to see their beloved stories played out 100% on the big screen. It needs to grab more than that smaller part of the population.

if they get elements from the comic books that they want to do for the films because it can work and evolve the characters & story then go for it. Marvel has done it with their films some have worked and some not so much but still played a part in it.

Yall need to stop worrying. WB knows what they are doing. Ive watched dark knight and Superman with my 8 yr old brother, im surw 1000s of others have too. When i watched DKR there was a lot of families presebt with their 10 year olds watching the movie. I see no problem WB turning families off, it may to some degree, but not 100%

I was wondering if there were some hidden scenes there in such a long trailer. And especially when Scoot McNairy was going to appear.

During a presentation at CCXP - Comic Con Experience 2015, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice costume designer Michael Wilkinson reportedly confirmed some rumors and suspicions that fans and the press have had about the film.

Ezra Miller will reportedly make his first appearance as The Flash in the forthcoming film, which means that by the time the movie is over, at least five of the seven main members of the Justice League will have appeared onscreen, with only Green Lantern unaccounted for.

"He will have a thinner silhouette and will not be as strong as the other heroes of the Justice League," Wilkinson reportedly said.

:o

Somewhat more pertinent to much of this week's discussion, Wilkinson is quoted as confirming that the desert sequence with the flying Parademon-like creatures and Superman tearing off the Dark Knight's mask is, in fact, a nightmare.

"Wilkinson revealed that, in Wayne's dream, the world turned into a post-apocalyptic desert in style of Mad Max, in which Superman has become a despot and has an army of followers, composed of soldiers and flying beings. They appear in the trailer."

if they get elements from the comic books that they want to do for the films because it can work and evolve the characters & story then go for it. Marvel has done it with their films some have worked and some not so much but still played a part in it.

1960's comic book stories rarely translate well directly to the screen. Lots of stuff from any publisher would need to be rewritten and adapted to the times.

Marvel's rewrite of the Marvel cinematic universe was also precipitated by their movie and property rights - which is why Stark became the center of the cinematic universe rather than the FF which were the center of the Marvel comic universe for decades.

I know all of this is obvious but my point really is that we've gotten pretty far from the attitude of previous decades where fanboys and girls were complaining about how the movie 'wasn't true to the comics'. That used to be the primary complaint even up until a few years ago.

People almost never complain about it anymore, which is a huge shift. It's just about good story telling in general now.

I know all of this is obvious but my point really is that we've gotten pretty far from the attitude of previous decades where fanboys and girls were complaining about how the movie 'wasn't true to the comics'. That used to be the primary complaint even up until a few years ago.

People almost never complain about it anymore, which is a huge shift. It's just about good story telling in general now.

I guess you haven't read any of my posts.

I guess you haven't read any of my posts.

I know there are a few people who complain about it. ;) It's just not as prevalent as it used to be.

I think part of that is because retcons and rewrites even in the comics has become much more common.

I think Wonder Woman is the game changer for WB. It's the one thing that Marvel hasn't done and has no real plan for (Captain Marvel still hasn't been cast etc).

Furthermore WB follows this up with Suicide Squad and Harley.

Seems like they know what they are doing

I still think that the separation between the DC TV shows and the movies is a very odd move. I doubt that having two different Flashes is going to play well, especially with the TV version being so well received.