• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

Here's my prediction: no matter what the movie is.....someone is going to complain.

By the same token there will be those that think it's the best thing sinced sliced bread.

Nostradamus out.....

hm

You are wise beyond your years.

:baiting:

I'm almost ashamed to admit that as this movie nears, I find my (initially insane) enthusiasm seems to be waning a bit. Maybe it's because of hype fatigue or the number of scenes we've seen already, but now I'm more in the camp of "I just hope this is not gonna suck" than "Man, this is gonna rock. Can't wait".

Nailed it for me as well. I'll see it, of course, and hope that it's good (I'm sure it will make lots of $$$ with or without my support). But nothing I've seen so far gets my inner kid excited by it.

When we went and saw Star Wars, the wife (who is in no way a comic fan) said she didn't think it looked good at all. However, she was pretty enthusiastic about the Xmen: AOA trailer; "That looks good!!! I want to see it!".

I'm almost ashamed to admit that as this movie nears, I find my (initially insane) enthusiasm seems to be waning a bit. Maybe it's because of hype fatigue or the number of scenes we've seen already, but now I'm more in the camp of "I just hope this is not gonna suck" than "Man, this is gonna rock. Can't wait".

That is how I am kind of starting to feel. I will go see it no matter what, but I feel kind of neutral about the whole thing.

While on the other hand I am even more jazzed to see Captain America: Civil War than I was five months ago.

My index for seeing Batman V Superman is going down while my index for Captain America is going up.

I'm the opposite. But when considering the Big Two in comics, I am more a DC nerd than Marvel. Not to say I don't love my Spider-Man, X-Men and Captain America comics.

It may be what you appreciate more that matters the most with these movies. Though I do hope they all succeed so the cinema beast keeps fed.

:wishluck:

+2 re: waning interest in the Marvel movies. I was not a big fan of either AoU or Ant-Man, and more importantly for the future of the franchises, neither were my kids. Their response to Ant-Man was the most disinterested I have seen them be with any Marvel or DC movie I have watched with them to date. They have seen all of the other movies at least 4 - 5 times on DVD or TV, even the duds.

I am looking forward to the Fox X-title slate of movies more than the Marvel studios flicks for one simple reason - they are not as formulaic as the Marvel studios movies have become. Guardians was fun because it was different and had a good cast, but the other movies they have done the past couple of years have been. meh (and yes, that includes the Winter Soldier - the actor they cast as Bucky looks too wussy for the character IMHO lol )

Edited by kimik

Ben Affleck, Geoff Jones and Kevin Smith explain why the fight between Batman and Superman makes sense initially. Until they realize they have been played by Lex.

'He's kind of the puppet master, kind of controlling these two heroes - forcing them into conflict.'

:whee:

I know there have been rumors that Flash and GL are in the movie, but was last night's show the first official confirmation that they are in it? (Haven't been religiously following news for the movie)

Flash was confirmed from the beginning.

GLC was confirmed during the special.

I know there have been rumors that Flash and GL are in the movie, but was last night's show the first official confirmation that they are in it? (Haven't been religiously following news for the movie)

Flash was confirmed from the beginning.

GLC was confirmed during the special.

Flash was actually rumored for a long while. Even at one point, there was talk that Scoot McNairy may be the Flash due to the green socks he was wearing to mix in with the green screen. Then Ezra Miller was announced. It wasn't until about a month ago details came out we would see Flash in a blur scene.

December 2015 callout that Flash would appear in a blurred scene

GL didn't get confirmed until the special. You are right with that one.

:foryou:

As for all the comments on the previous page about interests waning, I've been unsure of this movie form day. When the announcement was made, I felt this was Warner Bros. reacting The Avengers. I've been indifferent for the last several months and the newer trailers haven't sparked my interests.

I must be getting old, movies just don't do it for me anymore.

I was curious about the official confirmation, not just rumors (like Latino Review, although they do score some great stuff and I trust them to a good extent). I'm just wondering if the other night was the first time DC themselves officially acknowledged Flash was in the movie.

hm

Then based on that distinction, I would say the DC Special was the first official announcement that Green Lantern and The Flash would appear. I think before that, Cyborg was mentioned, and it was already clear Aquaman and Wonder Woman would make very brief appearances. Though now from all the shared footage it is clear Wonder Woman plays a much bigger role.

I was curious about the official confirmation, not just rumors (like Latino Review, although they do score some great stuff and I trust them to a good extent). I'm just wondering if the other night was the first time DC themselves officially acknowledged Flash was in the movie.

hm

Then based on that distinction, I would say the DC Special was the first official announcement that Green Lantern and The Flash would appear. I think before that, Cyborg was mentioned, and it was already clear Aquaman and Wonder Woman would make very brief appearances. Though now from all the shared footage it is clear Wonder Woman plays a much bigger role.

So I think the next question is how many of us will drop of a (joy induced) heart

attack after watching Deadpool/ JLA/ Avengers/ X-Men movies within the next 4

months?

Best time EVER to be a comicbook geek. :whee::ohnoez:

hm

So I think the next question is how many of us will drop of a (joy induced) heart

months?

My geek meter is already at near-max. By end of year...

:ohnoez:

hm

months?

My geek meter is already at near-max. By end of year...

:ohnoez:

Me and my geek friends are very excited. I can't recall a year like this. I usually see two or three movies a year, but I plan on seeing Deadpool, Civil War, BvS, Apocalypse, Suicide Squad, Doctor Strange, and Rogue One. That's INSANE.

Batman V Superman Armored Batman & Wonder Woman Figures Released By Play-Arts Kai

While details are still extremely scarce, including prices and release dates, the the images show off the details of the figures. Based on the price and date of the previously revealed figure, you can assume the figures will be priced around $125 USD.

squareenix---armored-batman-figure-hi-res-scaled-600-166850.jpg

bvs-play-arts-kai-batman-002-166208.jpg

squareenix-wwfront-scaled-600-166851.jpg