• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

Wonder Woman should be ok but the girl could have bulked up a little bit more.

If only she'd spent a few years in the Israeli Defense Forces.

(shrug)

Well it is mandatory in Israel to serve...and I doubt the former Miss Israel was really thrown into action.

So it's somehow any less impressive? hm

But does it somehow matter when questioning if she could have bulked up a bit more for the role? hm

Hey Kev --

I gotta say I'm not in the Gal Gadot camp on this one. My conception of WW is actually not Linda Carter, although she looked great, but rather the Alex Ross images from 'Kingdom Come' -- tall, strong, full hair, compelling eyes. I think Jamie Alexander would have been a closer match, but she was already in the Marvel movies.

Gadot has nothing physically that helps me think 'warrior' or 'Amazonian'. I just hope she can act. I worry a little about the fact that we haven't even heard her speak in the trailers yet, and 'Fast and the Furious' was not exactly a rousing endorsement.

We will see!

Dan

ps I also think Cavill as Superman is great casting. Batman choice is fine with me as well, although I always found Affleck a little smirky.

I'm sure she'll be fine Dan. She wasn't even that big in the Animated series didn't have that "Warrior physique" She doesn't need to, She wasn't even created to look like that.

People keep criticizing Wonder Woman as being too thin, She was given her powers, is she supposed to look like a 6 foot professional wrestler? People need to get off the Linda Carter bandwagon, the TV show was terrible. Maybe Superman is too thin too, his strength doesn't match his size.

Exactly (thumbs u It's all about the super powers. Supergirl never received the same criticism for being too small hm

Zack Snyder: "If You're A Comic Book Fan, You Know I Didn't Change Superman"

“People are always like, ‘You changed Superman’,” Snyder told the Hall of Justice podcast. “If you’re a comic book fan, you know that I didn’t change Superman. If you know the true canon, you know that I didn’t change Superman. If you’re a fan of the old movies, yeah I changed him a bit. That's the difference. I'm a bit of a comic book fan and I always default to the true canon. Not the cinematic canon that sort of, that in my opinion, plays fast and loose with the rules. And so, I feel like I tried to create a Superman that would set a tone for the world.”

This could lead to some big early results.

Batman V. Superman Will Open Same Day in China and US

Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice won't have to play the waiting game to see how it does in the second biggest box office market in the world. The film will release on March 25, 2016 in China, the same day it opens in the U.S., it was announced Friday.

The international release date game has become a huge factor in box office results over the past year or two, as movie studios have looked to international cumulatives almost as much as domestic. When Jurassic World opened same-day in China and the US, it helped push it to a record in worldwide box office. Star Wars: The Force Awakens, meanwhile, didn't have China at its onset, waiting a few weeks to add it into the mix.

i think the batman one was the best one out of the five

What? No love for hippie Lex?

it's not that i hated it it's just the batman made you understand this universe batman and how he has change through out the year.