• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

I cannot imagine why people aren't excited about this. Batman kicks . I used love Batman two because Keaton takes down the clown gang with fight moves but that's child's play to what batman does in this clip. Wow!

Yeah I don't get it either, really looking forward to this.

Drew McWeeny at HitFix thinks that because of poor BvS showings at advance screenings, WB is going to push back Justice League and bring another Batman movie forward instead. In fact he's saying their entire slate of DCU movies may be affected.

Sorry, but I don't trust anyone named "McWeeny."

That being said, this trailer kicks all kinds of . Wow.

I agree with the thought that they should have put this trailer out first. That would have started the build-up from a higher level.

Drew McWeeny at HitFix thinks that because of poor BvS showings at advance screenings, WB is going to push back Justice League and bring another Batman movie forward instead. In fact he's saying their entire slate of DCU movies may be affected.

Sorry, but I don't trust anyone named "McWeeny."

That being said, this trailer kicks all kinds of . Wow.

I agree with the thought that they should have put this trailer out first. That would have started the build-up from a higher level.

lol I hear you.

McWeeny is saying all the best bits are in the trailers and that they're promising a movie that isn't what's actually there. Again, I hope he's wrong!!!

I've noticed three of the major movie sites are now quoting Drew McWeeney ( lol ) about his sources telling him Warner is nervous. It is not clear who his sources are. If you read the comments section on the Collider site folks point out he is a hardcore Marvel fan, and that this may be clouding his opinion.

Collider Movie Talk: Is The DC Cinematic Universe In Trouble?

The assumption is the rumors may be coming from the non-superhero fan executives that feel like they know better than the fans this isn't going to work. Also, that McWeeney has been hit-or-miss. Though at times he has dug something up that was right. But on this one it feels misguided, as many cinema patrons clearly know Batman and Superman.

We shall see.

I've noticed three of the major movie sites are now quoting Drew McWeeney ( lol ) about his sources telling him Warner is nervous. It is not clear who his sources are. If you read the comments section on the Collider site folks point out he is a hardcore Marvel fan, and that this may be clouding his opinion.

Naughty McWeeney (tsk)

Naughty McWeeney (tsk)

lol

That was his playground name.

lol

lol

I'm not worried about what McWeeney says. I know a few folks who aren't even comic fans that want to see this movie. Hell my parents want to see it and they still don't understand what the movie is about. lol

Drew McWeeny at HitFix thinks that because of poor BvS showings at advance screenings, WB is going to push back Justice League and bring another Batman movie forward instead. In fact he's saying their entire slate of DCU movies may be affected...

It's in an embedded video on this link:

http://www.hitfix.com/the-dartboard/batman-v-superman-could-dcs-entire-slate-be-in-jeopardy-fandemonium

On the one hand it doesn't surprise me. On the other I'm starting to feel very bummed. Here's hoping he's wrong and the movie kills at the box office!

this guy. He doesn't know mess. All these internet reporters act like they are insiders. Tired of all the doom and gloom around this movie.

French Magazine Spoils Batman Vs. Superman Characters & Cameos?

A Twitter user posted a scan from a French magazine which looks to have an article on the characters in the movie which reveals key details.

Potential spoilers follow.

Jena Malone is playing Barbara Gordon aka Batgirl.

Callan Mulvey is playing Anatoli Knyazev aka KG Beast.

Scoot McNairy is playing Jimmy Olsen.

Jared Leto will be featured in a Joker flashback.

Dan Amboyer is listed, who has been said to be Hal Jordan/Green Lantern (update: Amboyer is confirmed for Batman Vs. Superman).

bvs-characters.jpg

Sadly, most of my friends who know about this movie think it's doomed to fail. They never have any good answer when I ask why, but there's little faith for them. :shrug:

I know why I am pessimistic about this movie, and it comes down to my wife, kids, and friends reactions. I live in a "we love" superhero movie house, we see just about every hero movie that comes out ASAP. From my wife, and almost a direct quote, "Batman vs Superman, that sounds stupid like something a five year old would have come up with while playing with toys. I have no interest in that." This is a girl that has read comics, seen all the movies, and even done some cosplay (limited to Halloween, but she has worn it to work on Halloween). My kids agree with her, and jump on the bandwagon and start bashing when she says it.

My friends are also big movie people, and have seen the trailers and basically shrugged. I have many people at work that love these movies also. They are usually at the theater on the "midnight" showing. They are even showing little excitement.

There is buzz on the comic forums and comic sites, but I have seen none of it outside of here.

From my wife, and almost a direct quote, "Batman vs Superman, that sounds stupid like something a five year old would have come up with while playing with toys. I have no interest in that."

Have you shared The Dark Knight Returns storyline with her and others where both characters fought each other back in 1986? May be worth a read for them, and mind-changing at the same time about the movie.

I'm not saying he's right but there are internet reporters and there are internet reporters. Hitfix is a legit spot, it's not some dude with a blog making stuff up, they get legit access and without question no more than just random people giving opinions. I have no question that they have heard from people who saw the film who might not have loved it, but I do question the extent what their opinions on it matter to audience though. This movie will make money regardless, and I liked the last trailer, and I'm pumped for Wonder Woman and Suicide Squad, but I have to admit I'm not 100% sold on their vision, or Zack Snyder.

He could very well be right that some execs are concerned about the film, but the audience will still dig it.