• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

I’m really looking forward to it.

I enjoyed Watchmen, Sucker Punch and Man of Steel, and so I expect to be equally well-entertained by more from the film’s very talented but much-maligned director.

I know this statement will polarise opinion.

:baiting:

no 300?

doh! Forgot about that one. (thumbs u

I haven't seen Dawn of the Dead.

I'm not sure I agree nobody is talking about some of the points made.

The Best Batman V Superman Scenario No One Is Talking About

Let’s get one common complaint out of the way: that DC is rushing towards introducing the Justice League on the big screen by packing Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice with so many heroes. Yes, they are moving faster than Marvel did with the Avengers, but “rushing” shouldn’t be looked at negatively. With the exception of Spider-Man, Hulk, and maybe the X-Men, most of Marvel’s characters weren’t well known to the general public before the Marvel Cinematic Universe began, so they needed to release those solo movies before giving us Earth’s Mightiest Heroes. DC, on the other hand, is home to Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman, three of pop culture’s most popular superheroes. Thanks to cartoons like Justice League Unlimited and live action shows like The Flash, their second tier heroes are also ingrained in the public consciousness. So yes, we will learn more about these characters in their solo movies, but for simply introducing him, it’s not necessary to take the same route Marvel did.

That's a really good point why Warner/DC didn't need to follow the Marvel Studios' approach in order to start down a more solid path.

All this being said, let’s move away from the big picture and just look at Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice as an individual entity. What are we getting from it? We have a new Batman who (frankly) looks and acts the closest to how he’s depicted in the comics. We have a Lex Luthor who, while definitely different from his predecessors, seems like he’ll provide a refreshing take on supervillain. We have Wonder Woman’s first cinematic appearance, and while she may not be one of the leads, the Amazon warrior definitely looks like she’ll impress. Plus, Argo’s Chris Terrio wrote the -script, thus insuring the dialogue will feel different from Man of Steel. Put all those elements together, and looks like we’ll get something special.

:whee:

I'm not sure where this came from (DC TV Special?), but there are a few extra scenes in this Supercut that I had not seen before combined like that.

d5ZHaMg.png

So that is Batman in his 'Nightmare' outfit looking down at the Darkseid symbol.

0EyjWju.png

Are the rumors true that Bizarro is in this film, which is why Superman looks so unlike himself compared to Man of Steel?

hm

Since this has been asked about a few times now, it will be welcome news.

Batman V. Superman Tickets Reportedly Going On Sale On Superman's Birthday

The Man of Steel's birthday is officially February 29, falling on Leap Day as kind of a wink and a nod to the fact that Superman never seems to age. This year, it falls one week from Monday, and will be the day tickets go on sale for Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice in the U.S., Heroic Hollywood reports.

A fan reached out to them to share a photo of signage at their local theater saying Batman V Superman tickets will go on sale February 29 at 5 PM.The tweet came from Texas, so it would appear to be 6 PM ET.

:whee:

One of the benefits to finally having all these DC TV and movie productions are action figures finally popping up. For the longest time, Marvel has been dominating this toy section at Walmart and Target.

Anyone seen the Justice League Deluxe Mini Figz? They are 3.5" tall, and have some nice designs.

W3cz45c.png

SlgIg5y.jpg

- Batman

- Batman Gold (one per 24-figure box)

- Flash

- Green Arrow

- Green Lantern

- Joker

- Lex Luthor w/power suit

- Superman

- Wonder Woman

I purchased a case for $16 (for some reason, I assumed it would be more) and ended up with one full set along with plenty of extras.

And for anyone that wants to do the same thing, here were my results in purchasing a case of these figures.

wqOOj6k.jpg

For what I was paying to guarantee a single full set, I thought it was well worth it.

Batman and Superman will be the most frequent in the case.