• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

The full article says exactly that. Relax, and let the chips fall where they may.

Batman-On-Film: About That "WB is Worried About BvS" Report

Honestly, I can’t call BS on this report as I know – based on the folks I’ve talked to who have knowledge of the situation – that Warner Bros. is indeed concerned about how BvS will be received by audiences; and thus, how it will perform at the box office. Personally, I think the right term to use is “nervous” as opposed to “worried”. With so much riding on BvS, it’s only natural for the studio to be, well, nervous.

I can also say that I know some people who have seen the film and they raved about it – which apparently is the opposite of what Mr. McWeeny has heard based on his comments in the video. Keep in mind that while BvS is a comic book-based film with superheroes, it isn’t “popcorn fluff”, if you will. Maybe Warner is nervous how the mainstream audience will react to such a film that’s frankly diametrically different from what Marvel (as it should be) is doing with their cinematic universe.

If that’s the case, I’d tell ‘em to chill and remind them of the success they had with Christopher Nolan’s “Dark Knight Trilogy” – which BvS director Zack Snyder says laid the foundation for the DCEU. Those three Batman films did pretty damn well and were definitely NOT "popcorn fluff". SO...

R-E-L-A-X...relax.

Also, how McWeeny has seemed to make misses on DC productions.

Exclusive: Is Joseph Gordon-Levitt already set to play Batman in 'Justice League'?

According to sources, Joseph Gordon-Levitt absolutely will be appearing in "Justice League" as the new Batman.

Warner/DC 'no jokes' policy with superhero movies

According to BOF, Warner Bros. is indeed concerned about Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, but not because of the quality of the movie. They’re more concerned about how the audience will respond to it, and how it will perform at the box office. BOF speculates that the mainstream audience is used to the “popcorn” movies that Marvel produces, and won’t respond well to Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice’s deep story that was written by an Oscar winner.

I want to see an action flick, not an oscar winning film lol

Back story is nice, but do we really need something of the caliber they're referencing for Batman & Superman?

According to BOF, Warner Bros. is indeed concerned about Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, but not because of the quality of the movie. They’re more concerned about how the audience will respond to it, and how it will perform at the box office. BOF speculates that the mainstream audience is used to the “popcorn” movies that Marvel produces, and won’t respond well to Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice’s deep story that was written by an Oscar winner.

I think that was one of many parts of Affleck and partner's deal multi-picture deal, so they could market the product better with his "behind the scenes" involvement as well as in front of the lens. (thumbs u

Back story is nice, but do we really need something of the caliber they're referencing for Batman & Superman?

If they try to go for the Academy Award crowd with a superhero movie I predict they will get neither audience. That said I'm sure this is just puffery.

I’m really looking forward to it.

I enjoyed Watchmen, Sucker Punch and Man of Steel, and so I expect to be equally well-entertained by more from the film’s very talented but much-maligned director.

I know this statement will polarise opinion.

:baiting:

Report: Warner Bros. is worried about ‘Batman v Superman’, but not because of its quality

hm

That makes no sense whatsoever given that David Goyer co-wrote it and also wrote Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises, and Man of Steel. :screwy:

it does if you have a 4k TV

:o

hm

'Dear Warner executives. I very much want to take full advantage of the technology you are utilizing in this fantastic movie. But I do not have a device that allows for this. Could you please help me with this?'

:wishluck:

I’m really looking forward to it.

I enjoyed Watchmen, Sucker Punch and Man of Steel, and so I expect to be equally well-entertained by more from the film’s very talented but much-maligned director.

I know this statement will polarise opinion.

:baiting:

no 300?

bzF1eeK.png

While Batman vs Superman doesn’t hit theaters until March 25th, you can already pre-order the official art companion. Among the plethora of concept art and sketches included in the book will be the artwork shown above as the books cover. It features Batman straight up tackling the Man of Steel through a wall, a mere preview of the fight we all can’t wait to see on the big screen. Though to play devils advocate, you could also construe this as Batman holding on to Superman for dear life.