• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

down to 28 on rt, tho' it looks like gl's 26 and my big fat greek wedding sequel's 25 are safely out of reach.
Rambo: First Blood Part 2 is a RT 28% movie. For 30 years, I always thought was a fun movie (James Cameron worked on the -script). We will see what the kids who watched this one says in three decades. I think it might be the same assessment, I made. :)

Exactly. It`s the young generations who deem the future popculture icons.

Not middle-aged critics!

1950s =Elvis.,1950s Sci-Fi movies

1960s =Beatles, Marvel Comics, James Bond,Star Trek

1970s = Star Wars

1980s = Nintendo,Transformers, GI Joe and VHS horror!

1990s Harry Potter, Mighty Morphing Power Rangers and Jurassic Park!

Who made Neal Adams,Frank Miller and John Byrne popular?

The young generation during that comic book reading period, and not a bunch of middle-aged comic book readers of the 1970s and 1980s.

The consensus is people under 25 loved the Batman v. Superman movie, and it was the old artsy,fartsy critics that didn`t get it!

2c

Still love how they tied the two movies together so perfectly, confirming why Bruce Wayne would personally have a problem with Superman.

IcHJj0e.gif

So the next time Joker decides to blow up a hospital, following his own logic in this film we blame Batman? ???

How does Bruce know which one is using heat vision?

down to 28 on rt, tho' it looks like gl's 26 and my big fat greek wedding sequel's 25 are safely out of reach.
Rambo: First Blood Part 2 is a RT 28% movie. For 30 years, I always thought was a fun movie (James Cameron worked on the -script). We will see what the kids who watched this one says in three decades. I think it might be the same assessment, I made. :)

Not middle-aged critics!

1950s =Elvis. 1950s Sci-Fi movies

1970s = Star Wars

The young generation during that comic book reading period, and not a bunch of middle-aged comic book readers of the 1970s and 1980s.

The consensus is people under 25 loved the Batman v. Superman movie, and it was the old artsy,fartsy critics that didn`t get it!

2c

its your 2 cents that its a consensus that under 25 people loved BvsS?

Not middle-aged critics!

1950s =Elvis. 1950s Sci-Fi movies

1970s = Star Wars

2c

its your 2 cents that its a consensus that under 25 people loved BvsS?

At this point, with a $420 million opening and word of repeat-viewing ticket sales nearly one-third above normal, the prospects look good for the film’s final box office cume. While a lot of people are guessing the “B” Cinemascore from audiences will hurt its legs going forward, the devil is in the details — the under-18 and under-25 crowds gave Batman v Superman higher scores, with the younger group rating it an “A-.” Likewise, word is that parents liked the movie and are recommending it to other parents. If the teenage crowd and parents with children rate the film higher and want to see it again, that bodes well for weekdays as schools let out for spring break over the next few weeks while Batman v Superman faces no real competition from other new releases targeting the same demographics.

FORBES source.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

Still love how they tied the two movies together so perfectly, confirming why Bruce Wayne would personally have a problem with Superman.

IcHJj0e.gif

So the next time Joker decides to blow up a hospital, following his own logic in this film we blame Batman? ???

Normally I'd say by using basic detective skills, but since he uses that “he has the power to wipe out the entire human race and if we believe there’s even a one percent chance that he is our enemy we have to take it as an absolute certainty" line that paraphrases an old Cheney comment on the possibility of Al Qaeda obtaining nukes from a Pakistani nuclear scientist, he's assuming Kal-El's guilt by association with Zod. An association that's just as easy to make between the Joker and Batman if you're judging externally.

Not middle-aged critics!

1970s = Star Wars

2c

My daughter is 14, a big comic book fan, and she thought the movie was a mess.

As usual, you're making grand generalizations with a tenous basis in reality.

Not middle-aged critics!

1970s = Star Wars

2c

Yet it's on it`s way to 1 billion worldwide. The grand generalization is there will be many more DC movies!

I know a lot of Marvel fans wanted a fail.

In the long run it`s will be better now that Marvel has competition because now Marvel will try harder to keep up with Fox and Warner.

Deadpool,and Batman v. Superman blew Ant-Mant and Avengers: Age of Ultron out of the water. Marvel was complacent,now that they see Fox and DC made big coin at the box office they will try harder!

IcHJj0e.gif

Normally I'd say by using basic detective skills, but since he uses that “he has the power to wipe out the entire human race and if we believe there’s even a one percent chance that he is our enemy we have to take it as an absolute certainty" line that paraphrases an old Cheney comment on the possibility of Al Qaeda obtaining nukes from a Pakistani nuclear scientist, he's assuming Kal-El's guilt by association with Zod. An association that's just as easy to make between the Joker and Batman if you're judging externally.

So he doesn't know who is using the heat vision?

Why do you suppose people get so worked up and energized to share how much they didn't like something?

I'm surprised by the strong desire to express dissatisfaction (or perhaps hidden satisfaction?) that this movie wasn't everything they hoped for or everything it might have been.

Seems like a strong desire to shout negativity to me instead of highlighting the really cool stuff.

"I'm such a big fan of the characters that I can't be positive about their largest, most financially successful expression in history." :slapfight:

One weird part to me that threw me off was the opening title that said

Superman is introduced to the world

That seemed weird

Also about Batman and superman not showing emotions/expressions while at the same time Wonder Woman smiles during the fight scene

Batman is and has always been serious. No time to joke around. Too much at stake. Batman fights out of obligation. This superman can't put the Christopher Reeve smile on because again his world (or him indirectly) is causing damage/harm to his new adopted world. Superman fights out of responsibility

Wonder Woman is smiling cause it's been a while since she got into a fight. She had forgotten what it felt like to be a warrior. She likes to fight.

Not middle-aged critics!

1970s = Star Wars

2c

Yet it on it`s way to 1 billion worldwide. The grand generalization is there will be many more DC movies!

In the long run it`s will be better now that Marvel has competition because now Marvel will try harder to keep up with Fox and Warner.

Deadpool,and Batman v. Superman blew Ant-Mant and Avengers: Age of Ultron out of the water. Marvel was complacent,now that they see Fox and DC made big coin at the box office they will try harder!

Of course the movie was going to make $ so did all the Transformers movies, but that doesn't mean the movie was good.

Bad -script and poor character development.

I am only excited for the Batman solo movie now since I know Ben can pull off Batman.

Why do you suppose people get so worked up and energized to share how much they didn't like something?

I'm surprised by the strong desire to express dissatisfaction (or perhaps hidden satisfaction?) that this movie wasn't everything they hoped for or everything it might have been.

Seems like a strong desire to shout negativity to me instead of highlighting the really cool stuff.

"I'm such a big fan of the characters that I can't be positive about their largest, most financially successful expression in history." :slapfight:

Honestly, I thought the movie was aight, and generally worth watching if you're a comic fan. But a lot of people don't want more more of the same

Best review I've read so far:

http://io9.gizmodo.com/batman-v-superman-spoiler-faq-of-justice-1767720335

(Warning: contains major spoilers)

The DC Murderverse :lol:

I completely agree with this review.

DC/Warner Bros is absolutely a clueless movie company.

DC needs to completely revamp their approach and creative staff going forward.

Edited by NewWorldOrder

Yet it on it`s way to 1 billion worldwide. The grand generalization is there will be many more DC movies!

I dont think anyone expected the movie to completely fail, regardless of who they are fans of...

With 250 million budget and 150 million in advertising, its going to put up numbers.

Personally as a marvel fan I am happy for DC to make movies if they make them well. I stand by my criticisms of DC rushing films out, and casting big name actors into roles, both are short sighted and reasons that their results come up short.

BvS didnt do bad at the box office, but it didnt do well either. The revision down of actual sales to 166, from $170 million, was because the Sunday drop off was bigger than expected. With so many people pre-ordering tickets movies tend to be front loaded, second weekend drop off is definitely something to keep an eye on...

Having the first DC "avengers" movie, with their most compelling/beloved characters do a smaller opening weekend than Iron Man 3, and only beat Deadpool by 34 million, with Quintuple the budget and way more advertising...... That's not exactly a solid foundation to launch a Movie Universe.

Edited by CBT