• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

Batman v Superman: 3 Ways In Which Gal Gadot Totally Proved Her Critics Wrong!

Physical Appearance!

What her critics didn't realize was that Gadot had served in the Israeli Defense Forces and did all her own stunts in the Fast & Furious films that she starred in. Consequently, after nine months of rigorous training including: swordsmanship, Kung Fu, kickboxing, capoeira and Brazilian jiu-jitsu, the Israeli actress was able to put around 17lbs of muscle, thus obtaining the physique of a true Amazonian warrior.

She can still use a few more cheeseburgers if you ask me :baiting:

She looks like she has added some muscle since this scene :foryou:

Edited by kimik

I've noticed with Rob Cain he definitely has a big issue with this movie, and has had a series of articles very biased against Batman v Superman (he was the one that didn't account for Easter holiday in the opening weekend).

'Batman v Superman' Sets Record With Worst Friday-Sunday Drop For A Superhero Pic

India's First Weekend Embrace Of 'Batman v Superman' Turns To Second Weekend Scorn

Justice League Already Doomed in China As 'Batman v Superman Plummets 82 Percent In Second Weekend

'Batman v Superman' Belly Flops In Key International Markets

Five Changes Warner Bros And DC Should Make Now To Save The Justice League

So now writing an article about a $400 MM investment being a bad one seems to be going down the same path of the rest of his articles.

Forbes.com is interesting as a comic book movie reporting site, as they have more than one article writer covering the same topic with very differing opinions what they like and don't like. Not to say other sites don't have more than one person - they do. But it is such a differing opinion.

Mark Hughes loved B v S

Todd Kain loved B v S

But then the other two reviewers disliked the tone and story. I guess it does allow for same readers to get differing views of the movie. But sometimes to the extreme.

I've noticed with Rob Cain he definitely has a big issue with this movie, and has had a series of articles very biased against Batman v Superman (he was the one that didn't account for Easter holiday in the opening weekend).

'Batman v Superman' Sets Record With Worst Friday-Sunday Drop For A Superhero Pic

India's First Weekend Embrace Of 'Batman v Superman' Turns To Second Weekend Scorn

Justice League Already Doomed in China As 'Batman v Superman Plummets 82 Percent In Second Weekend

'Batman v Superman' Belly Flops In Key International Markets

Five Changes Warner Bros And DC Should Make Now To Save The Justice League

So now writing an article about a $400 MM investment being a bad one seems to be going down the same path of the rest of his articles.

So I would go with Rob Cain not being a fan of this Zack Snyder production.

I was fumbling through the channels last night and came across a curious movie.

I guess I can regard this as the first Batman v Superman movie that came out 22 years ago.

Both our DC childhood film heroes competing for a Wonder Woman (well, Geena Davis is pretty tall).

Heck, Ernie Hudson is in it, so it can't be that bad.

12% on RT though. lol

tl;dr this entire 636 page thread, so pardon me if this was mentioned before..

On the /Film podcast (which is great if you don't listen) about this movie, they were saying WB said they had to break $1bb to turn any profit at all... not just as a benchmark.

Yikes.

edit: this episode here.. Around 35 minutes in..

http://www.slashfilm.com/filmcast-ep-360-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-guest-drew-mcweeny-from-hitfix/

Edited by sl4ppy

tl;dr this entire 636 page thread, so pardon me if this was mentioned before..

On the /Film podcast (which is great if you don't listen) about this movie, they were saying WB said they had to break $1bb to turn any profit at all... not just as a benchmark.

Yikes.

edit: this episode here.. Around 35 minutes in..

http://www.slashfilm.com/filmcast-ep-360-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-guest-drew-mcweeny-from-hitfix/

Drew McWeeny is involved? Likely pure speculation then.

I don't think anyone will know how much they spent on marketing, but if production costs were at the reported $250M then most of that would have been covered in product placement revenue before the film was released.

Would they have spent another $750M on marketing? I highly doubt it.