• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

Here's my 2 cents on Iron's interview: He thought it "deservedly" got a bashing from the critics with the major fault it being overstuffed. However, he doesn't seem to convey that the movie was bad or terrible.

Irons comes across as being glad to be a part of the franchise and one that he was willingly and continues to be a willing participant, and not for the money. Sounds like he thinks it has a good future for being a quality produced/written franchise.

This.

And I don't buy the negative-spin-on-news thing, to garner clicks or otherwise.

These same critics loved Deadpool; they loved the Nolan trilogy -- they just didn't love BvS.

Regardless of how Iron's came off to press/readers or how this is spun, I'd say the guy has integrity. :applause: He was honest about his position, basically saying it did well but could have been better & that the next movie will be. Affleck defended the film while you could clearly see his disappointment in the results. That's my 2c on the matter.

Here's my 2 cents on Iron's interview: He thought it "deservedly" got a bashing from the critics with the major fault it being overstuffed. However, he doesn't seem to convey that the movie was bad or terrible.

Irons comes across as being glad to be a part of the franchise and one that he was willingly and continues to be a willing participant, and not for the money. Sounds like he thinks it has a good future for being a quality produced/written franchise.

This.

And I don't buy the negative-spin-on-news thing, to garner clicks or otherwise.

These same critics loved Deadpool; they loved the Nolan trilogy -- they just didn't love BvS.

Yep. And for good reason, it was a bit of a mess. My biggest hope is that in the JLA movie, that we get the hero version of Bats instead of the non-reasoning, over-reactive version we got in BvS.

Regardless of how Iron's came off to press/readers or how this is spun, I'd say the guy has integrity. :applause: He was honest about his position, basically saying it did well but could have been better & that the next movie will be. Affleck defended the film while you could clearly see his disappointment in the results. That's my 2c on the matter.

Very well put, sir.

Very well put, sir.

+ 1

Now that I can get behind, as Irons does clearly states 'it was sort of overstuffed…'

My biggest hope is that in the JLA movie, that we get the hero version of Bats instead of the non-reasoning, over-reactive version we got in BvS.

I'd describe that as taking radical measures to stop a perceived global threat.

We will get the Bats we're more used to in the next movie. At least that's the impression I got from Bruce's conversation with Diana at the end.

My biggest hope is that in the JLA movie, that we get the hero version of Bats instead of the non-reasoning, over-reactive version we got in BvS.

I'd describe that as taking radical measures to stop a perceived global threat.

We will get the Bats we're more used to in the next movie. At least that's the impression I got from Bruce's conversation with Diana at the end.

That was the major shift in Bruce Wayne's character at the end of the movie where he stated how he wanted to honor Superman's memory by getting back to his moral center (and the Justice League team following that path as well).

I can't believe some of the posts in this thread

It's just silly to want to continually post how this movie sucked and it's momma sucked and it's poop smelly etc

Give it a rest already

It's just silly to want to continually post how this movie sucked and it's momma sucked and it's poop smelly etc

Give it a rest already

I only said poop smelly that one time.... :)

Give it a rest already

I only said poop smelly that one time.... :)

You know, over in Gold, they're having a rest from beating the dead dog and started Double Agent Cap bashing.

Not criticizing, but criticism can't possibly hurt this movie anymore. In fact, it's quite possible that there's been enough of it to catalyze some changes at both DC and WB that will make them hit it right out of the park with any subsequent movies. If that's what happens, then all this and moaning will not have been in vain.

Although cute is always better.

original.jpg

And tricky!

:ohnoez:

Awww... swweeeet <3

UNTIL ONE OF THEM SAYS THEY'RE A DOUBLE AGENT, THEN IT'S OFF TO THE POUND :sumo:

Not criticizing, but criticism can't possibly hurt this movie anymore. In fact, it's quite possible that there's been enough of it to catalyze some changes at both DC and WB that will make them hit it right out of the park with any subsequent movies.

WB feeds off the hatred... FEEDS I tell you!

FEEDS!

We have created a MONSTER...

...OF AWESOMENESS :banana:

I couldn't keep a straight face when I typed that ;):D

If that's what happens, then all this and moaning will not have been in vain.

Now that's positive thinking, Ax (thumbs u

$221K more and it hits $872 MM.

I wonder how many ticket sales that is...?

Average ticket sale price across the USA is $8.43, which is considered a 3.1% increase over 2014's average.

So based on that, then 26,216 people would need to attend a USA showing in order to hit that mark.

$221K more and it hits $872 MM.

I wonder how many ticket sales that is...?

Average ticket sale price across the USA is $8.43, which is considered a 3.1% increase over 2014's average.

So based on that, then 26,216 people would need to attend a USA showing in order to hit that mark.

The ticket price in the UK is higher, so if I go see it again, I count as 1.5 ;)

BATMAN V SUPERMAN Limited Edition Steelbook Revealed

Batman V Superman - Dawn of Justice (hmv Exclusive) Limited Edition Steelbook

01-288667.jpg02-288667.jpg

Released: 1st August 2016

Format: Blu-ray 3D

In this no-holds-barred Ultimate Edition, with 30 minutes of additional footage not seen in cinemas, titans of justice Batman/Bruce Wayne (Ben Affleck) and Superman/Clark Kent (Henry Cavill) face off in the most anticipated showdown of our time. But while Gotham City’s formidable vigilante takes on Metropolis’ revered saviour, the world wrestles with what sort of hero it really needs... and a new danger arises to threaten all of humanity.

Includes over 2 hours of extras

Theatrical Cut 3D

Audio Type: *5.1 Dolby Atmos TrueHD

**5.1 Dolby Digital

Audio Descriptive: 5.1 Dolby Digital

Theatrical Aspect Ratio: 2.4:1 Widescreen

Run Time: 151 Mins. Approx.

Languages: *English **Castilian Spanish, Italian

Hearing Impaired: English, Italian

Subtitles: English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Castilian Spanish, Greek, Hebrew, Italian, Romanian

Theatrical Cut

Audio Type: *5.1 Dolby Atmos TrueHD