• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

Blonde hair? Carrie Kelly!?
Ya, I'm not a fan of her look here...

Let's hope that's Carrie Kelly. That look does not say "Barbara Gordon".

Wonder Woman only has one thing to say to this.

:whee:

Blonde hair? Carrie Kelly!?
Ya, I'm not a fan of her look here...

Let's hope that's Carrie Kelly. That look does not say "Barbara Gordon".

Wonder Woman only has one thing to say to this.

:whee:

Remind me never to discuss the importance of red hair with an Amazonian... ;)

Batman V Superman Cinematographer Now Says Everyone Will Love Ultimate Edition

Cinematographer Larry Fong has gone back on some previous comments he made about the upcoming Ultimate Edition of Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice.

In a previous tweet, Fong said: "Those of you who are fans, will dig it. If you hated it, you'll still hate it." The cinematographer evidently viewed the final product and has since changed his tune."

08EEKrh.png

The road ahead will be interesting.

N57uYYZ.png

Let's hope The Ultimate Edition brings along more believers.

Is there any significance to that number, such as it broke even?

It did that already when it broke 2.5X, as once placement revenue offsets marketing expense then you are accounting for Domestic revenue share and International distribution shares.

The $870 MM (+) mark was the next notch in the Top 20 Worldwide (inflation-adjusted) list. Anything above $870 MM puts it above Men In Black.

uKtkWUL.png

RZyVoJs.png

Yes, it is. Not only did BvS surpass $872 MM worldwide, but it added a little extra.

:applause:(thumbs u

More than $871m is all that matters... ;)

Not really... I was just being childish :grin:

It was a cross-thread reference.

It did that already when it broke 2.5X, as once placement revenue offsets marketing expense then you are accounting for Domestic revenue share and International distribution shares.

The $870 MM (+) mark was the next notch in the Top 20 Worldwide (inflation-adjusted) list. Anything above $870 MM puts it above Men In Black.

uKtkWUL.png

RZyVoJs.png

oh it beat Men in Black's 6.5 revenue ratio and 90 million dollar budget ?... oh right on a fantasy list

oh it beat Men in Black's 6.5 revenue ratio and 90 million dollar budget ?... oh right on a fantasy list

Hey, I didn't make the movies nor did I pocket any money from them. I just report the data.

Take your issues up with the appropriate parties. I'm sure they are on some social media site, waiting to be told how they should pay for their crimes against the hobby.

:insane:

Speaking of firing someone up...

Batman Faces The Fire In New Batman V Superman Behind The Scenes Photo

Photographer Clay Enos, the man repsonsible for most of the still photography on the Man of Steel and Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice sets, has released a new behind-the-scenes photo showing off Batman V Superman's practical effects.

Given the amount of CG necessary to make so many of Superman's powers work, the idea of working with practical effects where possible is one that director Zack Snyder has placed a good deal of emphasis on. It has not, however, been quite as much a part of the film's production narrative as it was during Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy, which wrapped up in 2012 with The Dark Knight Rises and earned more than $2 billion globally over three films.

In the image, seen above, Enos says that "big movies call for big, real effects," and Batman stands before a wall of flame.

gyNhyes.png

G5qpKEJ.png

The Man Of Steel Is A "False God" In Comic-Con Exclusive BATMAN v SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Funko Pop!

t seems like going to the San Diego Comic-Con leaves you with two options; spend the entire weekend lining up for panels or exclusive merchandise like the new Funko Pop! vinyl you see below. They've already released a number of these figures for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (including Aquaman, despite the fact he was in the movie for all of ten seconds), but this one is very cool.

As you can see, it features the Superman statue which ends up playing a surprisingly pivotal role in the divisive release after it was vandalised with the "False God" graffiti this Funko Pop is also sporting. It makes sense that some new Batman v Superman merchandise is being released on the heels of the Ultimate Cut reaching Blu-ray, so stay tuned for more as we get closer to Comic-Con next month.