• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

BATMAN V SUPERMAN Limited Edition Steelbook Revealed

Batman V Superman - Dawn of Justice (hmv Exclusive) Limited Edition Steelbook

01-288667.jpg02-288667.jpg

Released: 1st August 2016

Format: Blu-ray 3D

In this no-holds-barred Ultimate Edition, with 30 minutes of additional footage not seen in cinemas, titans of justice Batman/Bruce Wayne (Ben Affleck) and Superman/Clark Kent (Henry Cavill) face off in the most anticipated showdown of our time. But while Gotham City’s formidable vigilante takes on Metropolis’ revered saviour, the world wrestles with what sort of hero it really needs... and a new danger arises to threaten all of humanity.

Includes over 2 hours of extras

Theatrical Cut 3D

Audio Type: *5.1 Dolby Atmos TrueHD

**5.1 Dolby Digital

Audio Descriptive: 5.1 Dolby Digital

Theatrical Aspect Ratio: 2.4:1 Widescreen

Run Time: 151 Mins. Approx.

Languages: *English **Castilian Spanish, Italian

Hearing Impaired: English, Italian

Subtitles: English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Castilian Spanish, Greek, Hebrew, Italian, Romanian

Theatrical Cut

Audio Type: *5.1 Dolby Atmos TrueHD

Romanian subtitles even!!!! Vlad the Impaler will be pleased.....(possibly Count Chocula as well) :)

Romanian subtitles even!!!! Vlad the Impaler will be pleased.....(possibly Count Chocula as well) :)

Well, since this movie personally put a stake in the entire hobby fun factor...

(:

And it does come with the limited-edition statue too.

tepes.jpg

:baiting:

I see board member Batman was very busy the other day revisiting the theater multiple times.

wRPQwjk.png

qQE6LU5.png

Only $172K from $872 MM. Come on Batman - you can visit more theaters!

I see board member Batman was very busy the other day revisiting the theater multiple times.

I wisely invested my CW and XMA ticket money in rewatching BvS :acclaim:

The Ultimate Edition trailer.

First Look at Jena Malone's Mystery Character in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Ultimate Edition

batman-v-superman-ultimate-jena-malone-184585.jpg

The first couple of seconds of footage featuring Jena Malone, who was cut from the theatrical release of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, showed up in the "Ultimate Edition" trailer released Thursday. The shot of her is very brief - literally a couple of seconds and a couple of lines - but it is the first tangible hint at who she might be playing.

"This is what makes you such a good reporter," Malone's mystery character tells Lois Lane (Amy Adams), "Stuff like this still shocks you."

And that's it. With a smile, a shake of the head, and those two lines, Jena Malone comes and goes in the new trailer. So just who is she? Previous speculation and rumors have included both Carrie Kelley, the Robin of the classic Batman story The Dark Knight Returns (which was pulled from significantly for this film, especially when it came to character design) and Barbara Gordon, the daughter of Gotham City police commissioner James Gordon and civilian ID of the vigilante Batgirl and eventually Oracle. Of course, both of those characters are traditionally redheaded in the pages of DC Comics, a hair color Malone has sported, prompting much of that speculation. Now, we see that she's rocking bright blond hair in this movie, which seems to throw those out the window.

how many times have you seen the movie

Some of the dialogue and scenes already seem to tell a bigger story than the one that was the theatrical release.....

Supes saying "if they think I killed those people, they're wrong"...clarifies alot more of the angst against him.....same with the folks saying "how does he choose who lives or dies".

Seems like alot was left on the cutting room floor....and NOT for the better.

They should have bit the bullet....and made the movie longer....alot was left to your imagination....and the cuts were too quick without building up any story that made the motivations of the characters clear.

I betcha we're going to see more of why Luthor acutally hates Supes......

It's really too bad that the Ultimate edition was not the theatrical release.....I'm betting that the whole perception of the movie would have been different and it may have hit that 1 billion mark.

Don't cut corners especially when you're shaking up the foundation of the characters as much as Snyder has......explain, explain, explain.

Heck, once I'm in the theater, I don't mind sitting for another half hour or more if the movie is good. If it sucks, it'd be like torture....but don't make it suck because you don't want it to run longer. Who would have complained if the movie ran longer? Just more entertainment for you $ IMHO.....only a silly person moans about that.

It's really too bad that the Ultimate edition was not the theatrical release.....I'm betting that the whole perception of the movie would have been different and it may have hit that 1 billion mark.

Don't cut corners especially when you're shaking up the foundation of the characters as much as Snyder has......explain, explain, explain.

I have to agree, Leeroy.

It does feel like a slightly more detailed story even from the trailer.

Not enough to make $872m... :sorry:

But hey! The weekend is almost upon us :grin:

Only twice, so far ;)

Not enough to make $872m... :sorry:

But hey! The weekend is almost upon us :grin:

Only twice, so far ;)

Well, your contributions yesterday helped move the film forward by another $45K.

7Dj4EbR.png

Another $128K to go.

:popcorn:

Well, your contributions yesterday helped move the film forward by another $45K.

I just got the credit card bill :o

Another $128K to go.

:popcorn:

hm

Hey people! Y'know you all liked Wonder Woman... Well, she's been cut from the Ultimate Edition. So if you want to see her one last time, you'd best get yourself along to the nearest theatre before it's too late!

I don't mean to beat up Batman v Superman any more than has already been done...

So I won't!

(:

Frank Miller Liked Ben Affleck's Performance In Batman V Superman

It was quite apparent that Zack Snyder’s Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice drew substantial influence from Frank Miller’s defining Batman tale, The Dark Knight Returns.

The fan favorite creator recently made an appearance at MegaCon (via DCcomicsmovie.com), and during a panel was asked about Batman V Superman, and what he thought of Ben Affleck’s take on Batman.

In response to a question about unfair criticism of Batman V Superman, Miller said: “I was rooting for Batman.”

When asked specifically about Affleck’s performance in the role, he had more positive things to say.

“I liked it, he’s a good actor. I mean, he’s obviously very, very close to this material and plays it with great affection.”

A fan then brought up the internet's reaction to Affleck’s Batman, and how the actor was crucified for it online. Miller didn’t seem to give those reviews much weight, though, saying: “The wonderful thing about the internet is the delete button.”

Someone also asked about Affleck’s much-discussed team up with Chief Creative Officer at DC Geoff Johns on a Batman solo film, and if anyone from DC or Waner Bros. had reached out to him for insight or advice. He simply said: “They got my number.”

The first couple of seconds of footage featuring Jena Malone, who was cut from the theatrical release of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, showed up in the "Ultimate Edition" trailer released Thursday. The shot of her is very brief - literally a couple of seconds and a couple of lines - but it is the first tangible hint at who she might be playing.

"This is what makes you such a good reporter," Malone's mystery character tells Lois Lane (Amy Adams), "Stuff like this still shocks you."

And that's it. With a smile, a shake of the head, and those two lines, Jena Malone comes and goes in the new trailer. So just who is she? Previous speculation and rumors have included both Carrie Kelley, the Robin of the classic Batman story The Dark Knight Returns (which was pulled from significantly for this film, especially when it came to character design) and Barbara Gordon, the daughter of Gotham City police commissioner James Gordon and civilian ID of the vigilante Batgirl and eventually Oracle. Of course, both of those characters are traditionally redheaded in the pages of DC Comics, a hair color Malone has sported, prompting much of that speculation. Now, we see that she's rocking bright blond hair in this movie, which seems to throw those out the window.

Blonde hair? Carrie Kelly!?

Blonde hair? Carrie Kelly!?

Ya, I'm not a fan of her look here. Much prefer her look in the hunger games. They should have stuck with the natural brunette hair. Maybe it was meant as a disguise though.