• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

Knightmare Batman Finally Gets His Own BATMAN v SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Hot Toys Figure

Hot Toys has today revealed a Toy Fair exclusive which features the Dark Knight sporting that unique look. Equipped with desert gear and guns, the dream saw Batman battle Supermans minions and monsters in an apocalyptic world.

The movie-accurate collectable figure is specially crafted based on the image of Ben Affleck as Knightmare Batman in Batman v Superman and features a masked head sculpt with 3 interchangeable lower faces, specially developed body which can naturally portray Batmans muscular body, sophisticated tailored Batsuit, Knightmare Batmans desert gear, detailed weapons, and a specially designed Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice themed figure stand. It's an extremely detailed piece.

CIBQGj1.jpg

Or as I like to call it, Fantasy Dream Batman.

Y'know... that Knightmare dream sequence isn't what I'd call a fantasy dream ;)

I guess it depends on what you are into. In his case, we know a favorite movie scene high on his list.

200_s.gif

(:

I think I would have very much preferred watching a whole movie about Batman leading a desert guerrilla rebellion against an authoritarian Superman regime. Probably would need a few other metas or Justice League characters as back up to make it marginally more fair, but I'd be into it for sure. Let the Mad Max dude direct it, and we've got a winner!

Sounds like a great movie (thumbs u

(As long as it was an Elseworlds Superman...)

Knightmare Batman Finally Gets His Own BATMAN v SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Hot Toys Figure

Hot Toys has today revealed a Toy Fair exclusive which features the Dark Knight sporting that unique look. Equipped with desert gear and guns, the dream saw Batman battle Supermans minions and monsters in an apocalyptic world.

The movie-accurate collectable figure is specially crafted based on the image of Ben Affleck as Knightmare Batman in Batman v Superman and features a masked head sculpt with 3 interchangeable lower faces, specially developed body which can naturally portray Batmans muscular body, sophisticated tailored Batsuit, Knightmare Batmans desert gear, detailed weapons, and a specially designed Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice themed figure stand. It's an extremely detailed piece.

CIBQGj1.jpg

Or as I like to call it, Fantasy Dream Batman.

Y'know... that Knightmare dream sequence isn't what I'd call a fantasy dream ;)

I guess it depends on what you are into. In his case, we know a favorite movie scene high on his list.

200_s.gif

(:

I think I would have very much preferred watching a whole movie about Batman leading a desert guerrilla rebellion against an authoritarian Superman regime. Probably would need a few other metas or Justice League characters as back up to make it marginally more fair, but I'd be into it for sure. Let the Mad Max dude direct it, and we've got a winner!

Sounds like a great movie (thumbs u

(As long as it was an Elseworlds Superman...)

:popcorn:

So the dvd release is finally here on Tuesday! I have been staying away from all the discussion about the Ultimate or Director's cut release. I look on Amazon today to place my order and am completely confused.

So it looks like the Ultimate set will only have the 3 hour version in Blu-Ray format however, it is very unclear to me if the the DVD included is the theatrical release only. I don't have a Blu-Ray player and am not purchasing one for one movie.

Hopefully others will purchase this and post here so I can make a decision. I already saw this in the movie theater and only interested in the director's cut.

So it looks like the Ultimate set will only have the 3 hour version in Blu-Ray format however, it is very unclear to me if the the DVD included is the theatrical release only. I don't have a Blu-Ray player and am not purchasing one for one movie.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (Ultimate Edition Blu-ray + Theatrical Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD UltraViolet Combo Pack)

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (Ultimate Edition Blu-ray + Theatrical Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD UltraViolet Combo Pack)

The extended cut of "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" includes 30 more minutes of story and action not seen in theaters! Also includes the Theatrical Version of the film plus over 2 hours of bonus content.

Special Features:

- Uniting the World's Finest

- Gods and Men: A Meeting of Giants

- The Warrior, The Myth, The Wonder

- Accelerating Design: The New Batmobile

- Superman: Complexity & Truth

- Batman: Austerity & Rage

- Wonder Woman: Grace & Power

- Batcave: Legacy of The Lair

- The Might and The Power of A Punch

- The Empire of Luthor

- Save the Bats

Number of discs: 3 + Digital HD UltraViolet (MUST ENTER REDEMPTION CODE BY 2019-12-31)

So you should be covered in being able to watch it on DVD if these details are accurate. Worst-case, you will have the HD UltraViolet copy online to watch.

https://www.amazon.com/this-movie-extended-one/forum/Fx36AEJY07HO087/Tx14VM408OYDUJW/1/ref=cm_cd_fp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B01DEBC7Q6

Scroll down: :(

B. Albert says:

The DVD is just the theatrical version, just like on the standalone DVD version. The Ultimate Edition is only available on Blu-ray, UHD Blu-ray, and Digital.

At least there is still a HD UltraViolet copy of the film. I was given a code in advance of the Blu-Ray/DVD release, and the quality of the online version is very sharp and plays smooth.

Here's a complaint... Why did they have to change the name from Marathon to Snickers!?!

I believe it was to bring it in line with the rest of Europe. Not joking or being political.

Here's a complaint... Why did they have to change the name from Marathon to Snickers!?!

I believe it was to bring it in line with the rest of Europe. Not joking or being political.

:eyeroll: *Diplomatically avoids Brexit joke*

Well, Europe. I still call Cif "Jif"... See how well that worked our for you :P

I am not paying $25 to watch a movie online. I will just watch an illegal copy online then. Sites have had it for awhile now, I just prefer to support the property. But when they don't give the consumer viable product, there is no other option for me. $25 for a digital anything is TOO much. At least in the theatres it is an experience. I have to sit at my computer desk for 3 hours on a 17" screen. That is not a viable solution for me at $25.00

At least there is still a HD UltraViolet copy of the film. I was given a code in advance of the Blu-Ray/DVD release, and the quality of the online version is very sharp and plays smooth.

I am not paying $25 to watch a movie online. I will just watch an illegal copy online then. Sites have had it for awhile now, I just prefer to support the property. But when they don't give the consumer viable product, there is no other option for me. $25 for a digital anything is TOO much. At least in the theatres it is an experience. I have to sit at my computer desk for 3 hours on a 17" screen. That is not a viable solution for me at $25.00

BEST BUY - Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice [DVD] - $17.99

Theatrical DVD version; Regular DVD version with E-Copy

FANDANGO - Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Ultimate Edition - $19.99

UltraViolet service.

EBAY - Batman V. Superman Digital copy & Man of Steel Blu-Ray (2-Movie Collection) - $15 + shipping

Man of Steel Blu-Ray & Digital copy of Batman V. Superman

So I would say there are a few cost-effective methods. Not just the $24 Blu-Ray/DVD combo.

:foryou:

My advice, get yourself a Blu-Ray player. Not just to watch BvS Ultimate Edition, but for every cool movie you love watching on DVD that's worth upgrading to Blu-Ray. The difference (with a Full HD TV) is amazing! Well worth the expense. Blu-Ray players upscale DVDs these days, so that's also a bonus where a DVD library is concerned.

Yeah too back its not coming out on VHS also.

There is a Super-Ultra-Hyper-Extended Beta Release coming in August.

There's dead media and then there's dead media...