• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

I am not paying $25 to watch a movie online. I will just watch an illegal copy online then. Sites have had it for awhile now, I just prefer to support the property. But when they don't give the consumer viable product, there is no other option for me. $25 for a digital anything is TOO much. At least in the theatres it is an experience. I have to sit at my computer desk for 3 hours on a 17" screen. That is not a viable solution for me at $25.00

At least there is still a HD UltraViolet copy of the film. I was given a code in advance of the Blu-Ray/DVD release, and the quality of the online version is very sharp and plays smooth.

My advice, get yourself a Blu-Ray player. Not just to watch BvS Ultimate Edition, but for every cool movie you love watching on DVD that's worth upgrading to Blu-Ray. The difference (with a Full HD TV) is amazing! Well worth the expense. Blu-Ray players upscale DVDs these days, so that's also a bonus where a DVD library is concerned.

There are links for those as well.

blu-ray player discounts & coupons

(:

Tuesday is the DVD and Blu-Ray release.

‘Batman v Superman’ Blu-ray review

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is already available on Digital HD, but on Tuesday, July 19th, the Blu-ray will be available. It comes with the three hour Ultimate Edition of the movie, which fans and critics alike agree is the better version of the movie. The Blu-ray features superior image and audio quality over the Digital HD version, as well as over two hours of special features.

Video and Audio

The picture quality of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is fantastic. Everything looks crisp and detailed on my 1080p TV. I will say the one disappointing aspect is that the scenes that were shot in IMAX do not fill your screen to give you more of the picture. I watched The Dark Knight Rises recently, and Christopher Nolan’s choice to include the big IMAX shots really set the bar high for picture quality.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is a great movie to show off your surround sound system to your friends. I have a 5.1 setup, but a 7.1 track is included. You really feel like you’re at the movies in terms of sound here.

Wrap Up

Most of you probably already bought the Digital HD version of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice in order to watch it at home a few weeks before the release of the Blu-ray. I would still recommend you pick up a physical copy as well. You’ll get better video and audio quality, and over two hours of very entertaining specials features filled with lots of never-before-seen footage.

I am not paying $25 to watch a movie online. I will just watch an illegal copy online then. Sites have had it for awhile now, I just prefer to support the property. But when they don't give the consumer viable product, there is no other option for me. $25 for a digital anything is TOO much. At least in the theatres it is an experience. I have to sit at my computer desk for 3 hours on a 17" screen. That is not a viable solution for me at $25.00

BEST BUY - Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice [DVD] - $17.99

Theatrical DVD version; Regular DVD version with E-Copy

FANDANGO - Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Ultimate Edition - $19.99

UltraViolet service.

EBAY - Batman V. Superman Digital copy & Man of Steel Blu-Ray (2-Movie Collection) - $15 + shipping

Man of Steel Blu-Ray & Digital copy of Batman V. Superman

So I would say there are a few cost-effective methods. Not just the $24 Blu-Ray/DVD combo.

:foryou:

Thanks. But still, I paid to watch in the movie theater. I was excited to watch the original director's cut but that will not happen. I am not giving WB money so I can watch it on a small computer screen. That isn't voicing my consumer rights to have the director's cut released on DVD.

At least there is still a HD UltraViolet copy of the film. I was given a code in advance of the Blu-Ray/DVD release, and the quality of the online version is very sharp and plays smooth.

My advice, get yourself a Blu-Ray player. Not just to watch BvS Ultimate Edition, but for every cool movie you love watching on DVD that's worth upgrading to Blu-Ray. The difference (with a Full HD TV) is amazing! Well worth the expense. Blu-Ray players upscale DVDs these days, so that's also a bonus where a DVD library is concerned.

My TV doesn't support it and I am not one of those that need the full at home surround sound people. I watch very little scheduled TV. I do watch most of my content on DVD. If they do away with DVD then so be it. Until my TV dies, I am not upgrading to something that will need replacing every few years.

For me, there is no difference between HD, UltraViolet, Blu-ray or DVD.

Received my copy of the Ultimate Edition blu-ray today, confused as the cover states 30 minutes of additional footage, while the Digital HD version states 2:31 and the Digital HD Extended Edition states 2:51. That's 20 minutes, not 30. I don't think the Ultimate Edition is longer than the Extended Digital HD version is, or is it as the Ultimate Edition states 181 minutes? Anyone want to check the Extended Digital HD version and see if it's 2:51 or 3:01 mislabeled? So you guys that thought you saw the full Ultimate version on Digital HD might have missed an additional 10 minutes if it's correct...

Edited by 50 Cent #II (1st)

Received my copy of the Ultimate Edition blu-ray today, confused as the cover states 30 minutes of additional footage, while the Digital HD version states 2:31 and the Digital HD Extended Edition states 2:51. That's 20 minutes, not 30. I don't think the Ultimate Edition is longer than the Extended Digital HD version is, or is it as the Ultimate Edition states 181 minutes? Anyone want to check the Extended Digital HD version and see if it's 2:51 or 3:01 mislabeled? So you guys that thought you saw the full Ultimate version on Digital HD might have missed an additional 10 minutes if it's correct...

I'm not entirely sure what's going on, but is it possible that the extended versions had to cut some of the stuff in the theatrical version? accounting for the timing differences? Subtract 10 min from the theatrical, then add in 30 minutes of 'new' footage? Some of the stuff might be shot in a different way or omitted entirely in the extended version.

I just checked the digital copy length on my VUDU account. It is coming up as 3 hours, 2 minutes, 29 seconds.

Could there be a difference between the digital copy and the Blu-Ray/DVD copy? That would be a strange approach in distributing this movie.

I just checked the digital copy length on my VUDU account. It is coming up as 3 hours, 2 minutes, 29 seconds.

Could there be a difference between the digital copy and the Blu-Ray/DVD copy? That would be a strange approach in distributing this movie.

If there's one thing that Time Warner wont' do, its release a Batman v Superman movie that leaves people confused with questions about the length of the movie, with people unsure if they've seen the best possible version of the movie.

What is with this movie? You would think after all that has transpired over the last year, that they could release a DVD without further problems, etc.

I just finished watching this abortion.

I stand by what I've said earlier. The acting is TERRIBLE. The plot is horrendous and the premise is just stupid.

This was supposed to be a flagship to fly the other movies upon. It failed, miserably.

I'll agree with others, the only people defending this are fanboys.

Seems to be just mislabeled at 2:51 in the description, when you start the movie it shows 3:02.

That's odd, as it was fairly early in the movie release that Snyder had announced there would be an Ultimate Edition Blu-Ray/DVD release. So it's not like the length details were a surprise to those pulling together the packaging.

Speaking of fangirls...

Pretty cool video of the cello player that helped pull together the Wonder Woman battle song. I had thought it was an electric guitar.

:cloud9:

Speaking of fangirls...

Pretty cool video of the cello player that helped pull together the Wonder Woman battle song. I had thought it was an electric guitar.

same here hope they have her come back for the Wonder Woman movie

Speaking of fangirls...

same here hope they have her come back for the Wonder Woman movie

Saw her live on the recent Hans Zimmer tour. Very talented.

man i watched the ultmate cut last night and yeah i do think the cut we got in theaters was most likely done by the studio.

Whoever supervised the editing really chopped it up now that it is clear where they were starting from.

Though we have not seen the 4 hour cut.

:o

man i watched the ultmate cut last night and yeah i do think the cut we got in theaters was most likely done by the studio.

Whoever supervised the editing really chopped it up now that it is clear where they were starting from.

Though we have not seen the 4 hour cut.

:o

i won't mine watching the 4 hour cut