• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

Batman Vs. Superman Rumor: Details On Ben Affleck’s Batman

Now, this is all rumor at best, and much of it is suspect. The inclusion and alteration of Christopher Nolan’s canon? The addition of several members of the Batman Family off screen? A Red Hood solo film already in planning? These seem like some pretty big leaps from what we have known before, but I suppose anything is possible. A 40-year-old Batman forced into working with Lex Luthor seems like the most likely truth in this report, but we’ll have to wait and see.

Looks like the Kent farm will be filming in the next month.

Batman vs. Superman To Film In Illinois In Mid-May

The Yorkville area is where the Kent’s family farmhouse in Smallville was shot for Man of Steel. The farmhouse, built specifically for the film, was torn down after filming for Man of Steel was complete. It has been rebuilt on the same plot of land for the sequel.

Now, this is all rumor at best, and much of it is suspect. The inclusion and alteration of Christopher Nolan’s canon? The addition of several members of the Batman Family off screen? A Red Hood solo film already in planning? These seem like some pretty big leaps from what we have known before, but I suppose anything is possible. A 40-year-old Batman forced into working with Lex Luthor seems like the most likely truth in this report, but we’ll have to wait and see.

i find this to be BS because both WB/DC want to move forward and have that fantasy that was missing from the nolan movies. Edited by kagenish

i find this to be BS because both WB/DC want to move forward and have that fantasy that was missing from the nolan movies.

Oh, I know on that one it would be a stretch. From previous articles, it sounds like they very much want to stand on their own creative legs, and not have to share in the final production results with Christopher Nolan. This part probably made the most sense, and has a 'Kingdom Come' feel to it.

A 40-year-old Batman forced into working with Lex Luthor seems like the most likely truth in this report, but we’ll have to wait and see.

The Rock talks about the DC role

"The first quality we were looking for was that he had to be extremely complex and have a lot going on. What that does for me as an actor and the studio is it gives us space that we can explore; his complexities. The other quality was that he had to – the character we were looking for had to be well-known but never brought to life. Then what that does again as an actor, it gives me a little bit of space, and we talked about personality. It just gives me a chance to put an imprint into his personality, with the set of tools that I could bring to the table and put a very unique twist on his personality, but still pay homage to who he is. The third thing – and most important – is he had to be a badass mother[frick]er, OK, and on a Superman level of power, where [he] could throw down. In those three qualities, I’m happy we’ve found that character."

Full Interview from CBR

Edited by kagenish

The third thing – and most important – is he had to be a badass mother[frick]er, OK, and on a Superman level of power, where [he] could throw down. In those three qualities, I’m happy we’ve found that character."

Lobo - Lobo - Lobo!

:wishluck::wishluck::wishluck: