• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

I don't find the casting decisions baffling at all.

Ben Affleck was a stretch but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor doesnt make sense to me, that role had Bryan Cranston/ Walter White written all over it, regardless of how well Eisenberg does, it will always be subpar considering what I think Cranston would have done. Maybe that's not fair, but that's just how it is.

Finally Gal Gadot, is an atrocious pick for Wonder Woman. A stick figure cannot play the most powerful woman in the world, not to mention her "acting" in Fast & Furious wasn't exactly compelling. She would make a great Olive Oil if it were a Popeye movie, but her rail thin physique is a turn off on all accounts.

To each their own, but I honestly cannot understand these casting decisions.

Gal Gadot is an atrocious pick for Wonder Woman. A stick figure cannot play the most powerful woman in the world, not to mention her "acting" in Fast & Furious wasn't exactly compelling. She would make a great Olive Oil(sic) if it were a Popeye movie, but her rail thin physique is a turn off on all accounts.

Do I have to destroy this post yet again? Seriously, Olive Oyl?

meh

-slym

Jesse Eisenberg Opens Up About Lex Luthor in Batman vs. Superman

The conversation shifted to whether Eisenberg chose the role because of its attachment to a giant franchise, which he says is more of an added bonus to getting to play the character.

"The character's really good, so it's like doing anything else. They make a lot of those movies, so if you're an actor in things, you will probably cross paths with it at some point. But the character's written really well. It's a really great role. The fact that it's in a big movie, you know, it seems like a character that would be in any kind of movie. It just happens to be in a bigger, flashier kind of thing."

Impressive.

But not as impressive as Hugh Jackman :cool:

lol

I'll give ya that. Talk about an actor that really went all out to bulk up for a role.

I forget if it is X1 or X2, but there is one scene where Logan runs up the hallway naked (probably X1 because he was new to the team). All the ladies from the cast waited around a corner, so when he came around they began clapping excitedly.

Jesse Eisenberg Talks Lex Luthor Role

IGN Movies: I know you can't say much, but I have to ask about Lex Luthor. How much of a game changer will your Lex Luthor be from the incarnations we've seen of this character in the past?

Jesse Eisenberg: It'll definitely be played by a different person, but I don't know really how different this -- I don't know the history as well as the people making the movie, so I guess it's up to them to figure out how much they want to separate it from previous incarnations. But I will treat it like it's its own role. There's no way to play the history of the character played by other people, unless you do some kind of wink, but that doesn't seem like a responsible way to act. So I will just do it as though it's a character, in the same way you do a movie like The Double, which is a smaller movie -- but you just kind of treat it like a character, and that's probably the best course of action, I think.