• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPOILER-FILLED thread about Agents Of SHIELD
1 1

2,204 posts in this topic

Marvel has scrapped the spinoff. Agent Carter up next.

ABC exec said it,s delayed not scrapped, same with the second gap filling show. He felt AoS was in to strong a place currently to rob it of Bobbi and hunter

Agents Of SHIELD Season 2 Finale Scores Ratings Low

While it's been said the planned Agents Of SHIELD spinoff was cancelled due to not wanting popular characters moved off the show, the real story might be as simple as the ratings.

Last night's two-hour Season 2 finale of Marvel's Agents Of SHIELD saw a ratings low for the series.

The season two finale came in at a 1.3 rating, which is down 13 percent from last week's 1.5 adults 18-49 rating, with 4 million viewers.

By comparison, The Flash continued to see strong numbers for the less-watched CW network with a 1.4.

(shrug)

From what has been posted here, this season that just wrapped up was much more powerful than the first season. I'm still going to head back and watch all the episodes.

While it's been said the planned Agents Of SHIELD spinoff was cancelled due to not wanting popular characters moved off the show, the real story might be as simple as the ratings.

Last night's two-hour Season 2 finale of Marvel's Agents Of SHIELD saw a ratings low for the series.

The season two finale came in at a 1.3 rating, which is down 13 percent from last week's 1.5 adults 18-49 rating, with 4 million viewers.

By comparison, The Flash continued to see strong numbers for the less-watched CW network with a 1.4.

(shrug)

From what has been posted here, this season that just wrapped up was much more powerful than the first season. I'm still going to head back and watch all the episodes.

It's a head scratcher.

The better the show gets, the fewer people watch it.

I'm no Marvel expert, but are they remotely following any comic related Inhuman lore? Where's Black Bolt, or Medusa, or that big azz dog?

Are any of the Inhuman's they have shown from comics?

Don't get me wrong, I am loving the show, I just don't know if what they are doing is completely original or if it follows stories I have never read.

This show is my favorite of all the comic based shows on TV...and I am a DC guy!

I'm no Marvel expert, but are they remotely following any comic related Inhuman lore? Where's Black Bolt, or Medusa, or that big azz dog?

Are any of the Inhuman's they have shown from comics?

Don't get me wrong, I am loving the show, I just don't know if what they are doing is completely original or if it follows stories I have never read.

This show is my favorite of all the comic based shows on TV...and I am a DC guy!

It's my understanding that Gordon was from the comics, just newer comics, so I have no clue who he is.

The main Inhumans aren't likely to show up on the show because there is an Inhumans movie coming out in 2019.

The finale felt like an AoS movie...very well done! I think I realized it was a success when I thought back to how exciting an episode it was while at the same time I wasn't sitting there waiting for some small cameo from a cinematic superhero or character. It wasn't necessary with all they've been building. Well done, can't wait to see where it goes from here.

All I would say, though, is now that I think they've found their footing and are developing interesting characters ...I would now not mind using some cameos if it will help them build up some ratings!!

I just watched the season finale last night and loved it! It has me wanting next season NOW!!! I couldn't wait to hop on here and read/discuss the episode only to find very few posts!?!?

I just watched the season finale last night and loved it! It has me wanting next season NOW!!! I couldn't wait to hop on here and read/discuss the episode only to find very few posts!?!?

I did the same and found I was the first to comment. I thought there was going to be a flurry of chatter on how good the episode was and how next season was going to pan out. Looks like the ratings and board chatter are intrinsically linked.

a lot of haters post in this thread all time, letting the world know they arent watching the show ( zzzzz ), so it kind of discouraged discussion.

I am happy to participate in a re-building.

So to answer the one question from the last page. Most of the Inhuman stuff they have and will be using, is the newer stuff. They wont even touch the Royal Family stuff on the show (but hopefully the year the movie comes out, it will be the most crossed over).

The must recent comic "Inhuman" and a little bit from the post-2000 series, seems to be the main sources of inspiration.

In terms of the show in general, Secret Warriors and Secret War seem to be a lot of the comics they go to for characters. The stuff about things Shield did, that wasnt directly effect the main 616 universe.

I bought a few sets of Secret Warriors last summer because #2 had Daniel Whitehall's first appearance, #1 apparently is where the "Catepillars" were introduced, a team of powered people lead by Daisy Johnson.

Secret War (also bought a couple runs of it last summer, on the Skye = Quake thing) #2 ended up being Skye's first appearance, and there are some other interesting things in that series as well.

In terms of speculation for next season, sounds like Grant on one front, and a group of rogue inhumans still fighting the war on another, will be the villains. Also, the terrigen bomb story via fish oil is an interesting twist. They have left it open so that they can have Inhumans being create anywhere any time. I would guess that Coulson and the non-powered search for Gemma and fight Ward. While Skye and some version of the "Catepillars" fight the rogue inhumans.

On the Gemma front, the Kree artifact has likely transported her somewhere, as I dont think she is "inside it". I think her going into that will either take her to the Kree themselves (hoemworld or outpost), or at the very least let the Kree know. I think the "Kree are Coming" storyline begins with Gemma going into the artifact. This can jive with what the inhumans siad (dangerous to us), because they dont want to be captured by the Kree and forced to be their slave soldiers.

In the comics I believe it was giant robots that came to gobble up the inhumans and take them home, this could be a more feasible version of a Inhuman Collector Robot.

(shrug)

It's a head scratcher.

The better the show gets, the fewer people watch it.

i think it depends i have a lot of friends that quit watching the show these season.

A little disappointed in Cal's transformation. Maybe the body suit from LOEG is available. Is Hunter stoopid enuff to open a possible trap door? Ward's mistake with Agent 33 was awesome! May is wicked! Gemma will emerge as Capt. Marvel.

Gemma will emerge as Capt. Marvel.

I don't know about that, but I wonder if that thing 'sensed' that she has potential.

No way she'll be Captain Marvel. I really don't know where they're going with this, but I'd bet a lot of money that's not it.

When the hell is ward becoming Taskmaster!?
Is this why Avengers 196 is trading higher? I had no idea.