• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,036 posts in this topic

I didn't know that batgirl was out yet - their website isn't taking orders - educate me.

It's sold out. You can try your luck with Ebay or a local comic shop, or you can jump on the waitist on Sideshow's site:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/dc-comics-batgirl-sideshow-collectibles-300242/

here is another company that sales statue for other company Good Smile .

and up for per-order already Leonardo is coming your way!

4eedaa6e08bb81521bf35c6da804efda.jpg

Old post, but I saw the Leonardo and Michaelangelo today. I thought they looked cool, but they were small. I never looked into the statue size when I looked at the pics.

So, I know nothing about statues other than they are awesome, but do they retain/increase in value? Just curious because i'm thinking of starting into it, but they're so damn expensive!!!

So, I know nothing about statues other than they are awesome, but do they retain/increase in value? Just curious because i'm thinking of starting into it, but they're so damn expensive!!!

Some go up, some go down and some stay the same. It's like any other collectible.

Some go up, some go down and some stay the same. It's like any other collectible.

Very true. The character, who created it, and how many were made also comes into play similar to print runs, creative team, and the character again with comics. I don't have many but they were well worth the money to me because I enjoy them daily. The Tick and Hulk (Thanks Bedrock!) are definitely my favorites that I own. Last time I checked mine had not lost value so that's a plus.

One thing about Statues is they "age" as higher quality, higher detailed and more dynamic poses come online. The ante is constantly being upped.

Someday table-top holographic will become a game-changer. That, or lifesize robot replicas can just come live in your house. lol

Iron Man -

My jaw stayed dropped through that entire video. I have no idea if what I just watched was a reality but I want one. Preferably not IM but that was amazing. Fingers crossed out statues age as well as and have the collectibility of ancient Aztec pieces lol

That was truly amazing. Thank you for sharing it Davenport!

You're welcome. (thumbs u :)

I just think Statue tech is rolling right along, getting better and better. I'm still blown away by the sculpting quality and detail that comes out of software like Zbrush. The 1st one I really noticed was Sideshow's Scarlet Witch. To see it develop first as 3D rendering, then become a physical object for sale was truly amazing. And now with desktop 3D printers getting cheaper/better it makes me wonder how long before you can just download files, print out and paint, for the DIY crowd.

scarlet_witch_litho_by_diablo2003.jpgScarlet_Witch_Digital_01_by_poboyross.jpg

200023_press04-001.jpg

I used to have some and moved them on, made a tidy profit and bought my wife and I a schmick new fridge!

I'm no expert, but I think Hot Toys and Sideshow can both go up in value... Generally a fixed run of production and when they're gone, they're gone.

They're damn expensive to start with though.