• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,037 posts in this topic

Okay, let's stir up some trouble. What's the BEST Batman statue, either already released or taking preorders now? hm

the new blue and grey one from sideshow

I like it, too, but I think I like the gray/black version that it's based on better.

batstat.jpg_zpsyzfbbjr2.png

batstat2.jpg_zpsitn5im9l.png

Anyone here ever have buyer's remorse?

I put my name on the SS Boba Fett PF Limited Edition, and it looks like my number has been called. This would be my first purchase (second if you count the SS Stormtrooper I sent back since the armor was yellowish). I'm a little worried that I'll get it and wonder why the hell I paid $450 on a statue. I like the statue, but at that cost, it'll be the only one I have for quite a long time.

Anyone with thoughts on whether or not I should take the plunge or step back from the ledge?

Anyone here ever have buyer's remorse?

I put my name on the SS Boba Fett PF Limited Edition, and it looks like my number has been called. This would be my first purchase (second if you count the SS Stormtrooper I sent back since the armor was yellowish). I'm a little worried that I'll get it and wonder why the hell I paid $450 on a statue. I like the statue, but at that cost, it'll be the only one I have for quite a long time.

Anyone with thoughts on whether or not I should take the plunge or step back from the ledge?

It's a cool statue, but if you don't love it, maybe take a step back and wait for one you can't live without.

I'm partial to the original Black and grey PF; it was made to match the rest of the Gotham line as well as Superman and WW, and the size, base and sculpted cape just give it a tremendous presence in person.

That said, I do really like the Arkham Asylum PF as well, and have it on order.

bfam_zps38bc9d85.jpg[/img]

IMG_1328_zpstkxkro4r.jpg[/img]

I'm excited. SS Daredevil PF was sold out and I was on a waitlist. Just got word that I've been converted to an order. Can't wait to get my first big comic statue.

8 months later and still waiting.

I pre-ordered the Batman PF July of 2012, and got it February 2014. In that time, it was delayed 8 times or so. Nature of the beast.

I'm partial to the original Black and grey PF; it was made to match the rest of the Gotham line as well as Superman and WW, and the size, base and sculpted cape just give it a tremendous presence in person.

I agree, it's a great statue, and may pick one up if I can find room for it!

I'm excited. SS Daredevil PF was sold out and I was on a waitlist. Just got word that I've been converted to an order. Can't wait to get my first big comic statue.

I pre-ordered the Batman PF July of 2012, and got it February 2014. In that time, it was delayed 8 times or so. Nature of the beast.

Sideshow and delays go hand in hand, but this time around I REALLY hope the continual delays on DD mean that they're actually doing some quality control for a change. If he shows up a year late and still has paint and breakage issues, I won't be happy (nor will I be surprised.)

So, I know nothing about statues other than they are awesome, but do they retain/increase in value? Just curious because i'm thinking of starting into it, but they're so damn expensive!!!

Prices just keep going up and up. I remember being a young man thinking that $100 for some of the early Bowen pieces (Madman, Grendel) was crazy. Then Bowen FS statues went up to around $150. Then $200. Then Sideshow started doing Premium Format figures. $250...$300...$400. Now some of them are $600 or more. Don't see it stopping anytime soon. As long as people keep buying, they'll keep raising the prices.

Even DC mini-statues, which you used to be able to pre-order for about $35-$40 through sites like DCBS are now more like $75-$80 pre-order, $99-$125 MSRP.

And it's not just statues, it's all collectibles. When I started buying Hot Toys, with the original Aliens Colonial Marines, I think SST sold them for about $80 each. Seemed like an insane amount of money for a doll at the time. Now the very cheapest, accessory-lite HT figures start around $180-$200.

I haven't been completely priced out of the hobby yet, but I definitely have to be choosier these days.

To answer the question about value...

I've seen the Sideshow, Hot Toys pieces retain most of their value to going up in some cases.

The eFx stuff has been going up. I bought a Thor Hammer from them for $800 and sold it later for $1,100.

It's hit or miss what will get hot. I also have a Sideshow Maquette of Iron Man Mark 1 that I paid $450 for and they sell for double that now on eBay.

Transplant, is this the one that you're waiting for? Love the sculpt, but his, um, "package" is awkwardly pronounced. :blush:

daredevil.jpg_zpsdiu1xhgc.png

Transplant, is this the one that you're waiting for? Love the sculpt, but his, um, "package" is awkwardly pronounced. :blush:

daredevil.jpg_zpsdiu1xhgc.png

lol

in 3D for sure

I'm trying to find a SS Superman PF at a decent price. I got into the statue thing too late!

Personally, I think the Superman comic PF is the best piece in the DC line (maybe tied with the comic Joker). Other than the base being a little bland, I think it's pretty much flawless. Good luck with your search. I wouldn't hesitate to go a little over retail though, as I can see that piece going for 2x retail or more in the near future. Unlike Batman, there aren't a lot of options for Superman as of yet, and the PF is as definitive as it gets.

So, I know nothing about statues other than they are awesome, but do they retain/increase in value? Just curious because i'm thinking of starting into it, but they're so damn expensive!!!

Prices just keep going up and up. I remember being a young man thinking that $100 for some of the early Bowen pieces (Madman, Grendel) was crazy. Then Bowen FS statues went up to around $150. Then $200. Then Sideshow started doing Premium Format figures. $250...$300...$400. Now some of them are $600 or more. Don't see it stopping anytime soon. As long as people keep buying, they'll keep raising the prices.

Even DC mini-statues, which you used to be able to pre-order for about $35-$40 through sites like DCBS are now more like $75-$80 pre-order, $99-$125 MSRP.

And it's not just statues, it's all collectibles. When I started buying Hot Toys, with the original Aliens Colonial Marines, I think SST sold them for about $80 each. Seemed like an insane amount of money for a doll at the time. Now the very cheapest, accessory-lite HT figures start around $180-$200.

I haven't been completely priced out of the hobby yet, but I definitely have to be choosier these days.

Yeah, demand for statues seems to have increased dramatically over the last couple of years, which is why all these companies making higher end statues have been springing up seemingly out of nowhere. Prices are going up too, as you pointed out.

For anyone starting out, less is more with these things. Buy slowly and be picky.