• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,036 posts in this topic

Isn't there another version of this?

I'm really not sure. Back then I was watching the 'work in progress' slides appear on Statueforum, then there was a Con booth photo showing one on display. That concept of digital-sculpture-becomes-physical-object seemed like it changed everything. The level of detail and precision is insane.

(and may mean someday they could program A.I. software to both analyze 2D comic drawings and run Zbrush, kicking out character statues with breakneck speed.)

I didn't know that batgirl was out yet - their website isn't taking orders - educate me.

It's sold out. You can try your luck with Ebay or a local comic shop, or you can jump on the waitist on Sideshow's site:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/dc-comics-batgirl-sideshow-collectibles-300242/

What's the deal with the waitlist? Is that in case they get returns and suddenly have a few available?

I didn't know that batgirl was out yet - their website isn't taking orders - educate me.

It's sold out. You can try your luck with Ebay or a local comic shop, or you can jump on the waitist on Sideshow's site:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/dc-comics-batgirl-sideshow-collectibles-300242/

What's the deal with the waitlist? Is that in case they get returns and suddenly have a few available?

Some people cancel their orders.

Sometimes it's used as a gimmick to think am item sells out quickly. Then they'll revert the item back to preorder or in stock status. This recently happened with the spiderman pf.

Sometimes you'll get someone else's returned item. This was apparent when one member from the SS freaks board returned an aliens warrior LSB only to have another member receive it.

In general they don't always reveal an edition size and items will go prematurely to waitlist status, which I believe IMHO is so they can assess demand.

Or its someone who has cancelled their preorder, which probably attributes to a lot of the coversions. I've had quite a bit of success with the waitlist. If you're really interested jump on it.

. . . or you could have issues with FedEx, and your Catwoman Exclusive gets sent back.

Sometimes it's used as a gimmick to think am item sells out quickly. Then they'll revert the item back to preorder or in stock status. This recently happened with the spiderman pf.

Sometimes you'll get someone else's returned item. This was apparent when one member from the SS freaks board returned an aliens warrior LSB only to have another member receive it.

In general they don't always reveal an edition size and items will go prematurely to waitlist status, which I believe IMHO is so they can assess demand.

Or its someone who has cancelled their preorder, which probably attributes to a lot of the coversions. I've had quite a bit of success with the waitlist. If you're really interested jump on it.

Thanks. I just waitlisted the Superman Premium Format Figure. :wishluck:

I'm excited. SS Daredevil PF was sold out and I was on a waitlist. Just got word that I've been converted to an order. Can't wait to get my first big comic statue.

8 months later and still waiting.

I'm excited. SS Daredevil PF was sold out and I was on a waitlist. Just got word that I've been converted to an order. Can't wait to get my first big comic statue.

Really? Why would they convert you to an order if they didn't have one for you?

Just because you are converted doesn't mean it is ready to ship.

That's odd. I wonder why.

Okay, let's stir up some trouble. What's the BEST Batman statue, either already released or taking preorders now? hm
Those Jim Lee ArtFX Kotobukiya look like a clean solid Batman design. PVC, not resin, so a light weight statue. Blue or Black versions, plus they offer a decent Superman companion piece. Pretty sweet overall, visually.

Batman%20ArtFX%20Statue.jpg

No. 2 would be the Randy Bowen Batman. :cloud9: Beautiful design. Time has made them iconic.

Bowen_Batman.jpg

And for grins, toss in this monster...

Let's say a statue has an estimated shipping date of 8 months from preorder. Let's say it sells out in 2 weeks. You put your name on the waitlist after 4 weeks. Some people cancel after 6 weeks and you get converted to a pre order.

Let's say a statue has an estimated shipping date of 8 months from preorder. Let's say it sells out in 2 weeks. You put your name on the waitlist after 4 weeks. Some people cancel after 6 weeks and you get converted to a pre order.

In this case, I think the original ship date was in March.

In this case, I think the original ship date was in March.

Yeah, I understand wombat's scenario, but I don't get yours. Maybe a clerical error? They thought they had one for you, but actually didn't?