• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,037 posts in this topic

I'm hoping the new Red Sonja might drive down the price on the last one. I know a lot of people were unhappy with the paint job. :wishluck:

Same here. One of those pieces I always planned to pick up, but never got around to. Would happily pick one up on the cheap.

A couple of years ago I pretty much unloaded my statue collection... Selling my Hot Toys 89 Keaton and Nicholson, Hot Toys Ledger Joker 2.0 and a bunch of other minor sculpts, figures etc... I only have left the 89 1:16th Batmobile from Hot Wheels and Joker figures from Batman Arkham Asylum and Batman Arkham Knight.

I now have an empty "Detolf" cabinet. But I turned that money into a new fridge, a new (super awesome) mattress and a couple of books.

Seriously considering getting back into some premium statues but really torn about it... Every dollar that goes into a statue could go into a book... 2 or 3 hot toys could be a mid-grade key... Ju6GBBd.gif

Have you all, always, collected statues or do you sometimes struggle to make the choice between a book and a statue?

A couple of years ago I pretty much unloaded my statue collection... Selling my Hot Toys 89 Keaton and Nicholson, Hot Toys Ledger Joker 2.0 and a bunch of other minor sculpts, figures etc... I only have left the 89 1:16th Batmobile from Hot Wheels and Joker figures from Batman Arkham Asylum and Batman Arkham Knight.

I now have an empty "Detolf" cabinet. But I turned that money into a new fridge, a new (super awesome) mattress and a couple of books.

Seriously considering getting back into some premium statues but really torn about it... Every dollar that goes into a statue could go into a book... 2 or 3 hot toys could be a mid-grade key... Ju6GBBd.gif

Have you all, always, collected statues or do you sometimes struggle to make the choice between a book and a statue?

I rarely buy books anymore.

I collect comics and statues. Comics are certainly my primary collection but statues definitely get their fair share of loving. I go in moods. Sometimes I'm all comics for a couple months then all statues for the next few. It does get expensive and really does spread my resources thin. But I love em both and don't want to limit myself to just one. They really do go hand in hand.

At the end of the day I buy what I love. Not like... but love. That's helped me keep focused and allowed me to collect both comics and statues because I don't make many/any spur of the moment purchases or knee jerk purchases.

Plus statues make great gifts and my wife has got me a couple. She doesn't care to buy me a comic but a cool statue and she's into it.

Edited by Erndog

Thanks Psithyrus.

Thanks Erndog. That's really interesting feedback. Fits and bursts of one or the other make a lot of sense and I can see some really nice displays in the pinned thread pairing figures with books... I like the idea of buy what you love. That is solid feedback... also, my wife would find it a lot easier to buy me a statue than a book...

hm