• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,037 posts in this topic

On 9/13/2023 at 4:13 PM, BitterOldMan said:

One sixth scale Bruce Lee in his iconic yellow track suit from Game of Death manufactured by China X-H.  I found the likeness to be superior to more expensive action figures. The arms and legs are attached to the body with magnets.IMG_2739.thumb.jpeg.80c7cd6df97dc87295dd48e01f64d4bf.jpeg

Never mind. Just saw other pics 😁

image.jpeg

Edited by B2D327

On 2/1/2024 at 6:49 PM, g-man said:

Was really looking forward to this…maybe a light up feature and two portraits….not loving this Dazzler by SS

D49EC48E-F5D9-49CA-8E48-5546A01CF434.webp

definitely might become popular due to the rumors of taylor swift playing this character.

On 2/1/2024 at 6:49 PM, g-man said:

Was really looking forward to this…maybe a light up feature and two portraits….not loving this Dazzler by SS

D49EC48E-F5D9-49CA-8E48-5546A01CF434.webp

Oh wow, I was wondering when they'd finally post pics. Not in love with the portrait (she's a big toothy!) but I may end up getting her simply because I don't think they'll make a ton of them, and once she's gone, prices will jump. I bet the edition size is fairly small for this one, better to grab her now instead of paying Regret Tax later. We'll see, I've got a couple of other priorities right now, but may end up taking the plunge.

On 2/2/2024 at 1:19 PM, nearmint said:

I don't think the edition size will be all that small.   Response to the piece has been overwhelmingly positive.  

I'd definitely trust your judgment over mine on all things "statue", and I will be curious to see what the final total is. Far more popular characters like Scarlet Witch, Rogue (I guess she's a Comiquette, not a PF), Storm, etc were what? 3k-4k edition size? And they have sat around for a while (not a critique of the piece themselves, mind you. I have the Scarlet Witch and the Rogue, and love them both.). 

Dazzler is much more niche character, and there isn't even a definitive look for the character that the fanbase can agree on (for instance, the blue body suit will always be MY Dazzler.) So, I'm really curious to see which way they go with her, edition wise It's one of those that could sell out super fast, or could linger for years and go on clearance, and neither result would surprise me!

On 2/2/2024 at 11:30 AM, F For Fake said:

I'd definitely trust your judgment over mine on all things "statue", and I will be curious to see what the final total is. Far more popular characters like Scarlet Witch, Rogue (I guess she's a Comiquette, not a PF), Storm, etc were what? 3k-4k edition size? And they have sat around for a while (not a critique of the piece themselves, mind you. I have the Scarlet Witch and the Rogue, and love them both.). 

Dazzler is much more niche character, and there isn't even a definitive look for the character that the fanbase can agree on (for instance, the blue body suit will always be MY Dazzler.) So, I'm really curious to see which way they go with her, edition wise It's one of those that could sell out super fast, or could linger for years and go on clearance, and neither result would surprise me!

3K-4K edition sizes don't happen very often anymore.  Too many options for collectors these days, but they only have so much $$.  I doubt Sideshow wants a quick sell-out of anything.  I think they would consider that a misstep on the edition size, and that they left money on the table.  Even when you see them discount a piece 10-20%, they're still making money on it.  I'm betting 1K or so for the Dazzler edition size.

Edited by nearmint

On 2/2/2024 at 2:38 PM, nearmint said:

3K-4K edition sizes don't happen very often anymore.  Too many options for collectors these days, but they only have so much $$.  I doubt Sideshow wants a quick sell-out of anything.  I think they would consider that a misstep on the edition size, and that they left money on the table.  Even when you see them discount a piece 10-20%, they're still making money on it.  I'm getting 1K or so for the Dazzler edition size.

Makes sense to me! I will keep an eye on her for sure. The novelty of such a thing existing at all is nearly reason enough to make the purchase.

This one due to the hair is fragile, so I had to place it in a spot that doesn't get human traffic around it, which is a MESS lol

A little embarrassing.

All these I eventually put in my registry as back cover pics, but other than that is just expensive decoration.

This is the back cover pic of my asm #16 because it appears Daredevil is doing the same kind of combat move  :insane:

Not as cool as @Iconic1s doomsday and superman statues, but cest la vie!

3204765_Full_Rev.jpg

3204765_Full_Obv.jpg

On 2/7/2024 at 7:11 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

This one due to the hair is fragile, so I had to place it in a spot that doesn't get human traffic around it, which is a MESS lol

A little embarrassing.

All these I eventually put in my registry as back cover pics, but other than that is just expensive decoration.

This is the back cover pic of my asm #16 because it appears Daredevil is doing the same kind of combat move  :insane:

Not as cool as @Iconic1s doomsday and superman statues, but cest la vie!

3204765_Full_Rev.jpg

3204765_Full_Obv.jpg

Very nice!! (thumbsu

On 2/8/2024 at 7:01 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

A few more.

Borderlands Moxxi and a smaller just as good and still fragile Gambit 😔

3749607_Full_Rev.jpg

3505356_Full_Rev.jpg

Nice collection so far love ur statues