• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,037 posts in this topic

COI,

Have you ever seen one of these in person? Marvel Milestones statues? Are they nice pieces? Detailed? Anyone else have any experience with them?

124ilgw.jpg

Never seen one in person, but there are a couple that I've always wanted, including this one and the "Kraven's Last Hunt" Spidey piece. The latter goes for big money, so I'm guessing they're nice. Haven't bit the bullet on one yet because they're a little small for my tastes.

If you can snag one for a reasonable price, I say go for it.

This one?

2002651-spider-man-001.jpg

:gossip: image links always have to end in ".jpg" or ".png" or ".gif" to work.

That's the Exclusive which is unfortunately sold out. But the only difference is that it comes with the extra head with only half the mask on. Glad I pre-ordered the EX. So it'd be this one for the regular

200265-spider-man-004.jpg

Edited by Lucid Enigma

COI,

Have you ever seen one of these in person? Marvel Milestones statues? Are they nice pieces? Detailed? Anyone else have any experience with them?

124ilgw.jpg

Never seen one in person, but there are a couple that I've always wanted, including this one and the "Kraven's Last Hunt" Spidey piece. The latter goes for big money, so I'm guessing they're nice. Haven't bit the bullet on one yet because they're a little small for my tastes.

If you can snag one for a reasonable price, I say go for it.

I just picked one of these up tonight for $120 shipped! :banana:

Side note: it's limited to 2500 pieces. The statue I got is #131 - Bullseye's first appearance is Daredevil #131. ;)

:screwy: I know.

This one?

2002651-spider-man-001.jpg

:gossip: image links always have to end in ".jpg" or ".png" or ".gif" to work.

That would be the one...:) I prefer the mask on myself, but will be happy with either version... I don't think I would ever switch the head out...

Just out of curiosity, are there any 'investor' interest with statues? If so, is there a guide somewhere for this sub-market of the comic collecting community?

Not really. Great pieces sell-out, become less and less available, and eventually start commanding a premium.

That said, I think "investing" in these things would be a logistical nightmare. To make a significant amount of money at it, you'd need a lot of space for storage (which obviously costs money too), and you'd have to factor stuff in like breakages, shipping, insurance, etc...

Also, the best time to buy would be pre-ordering (especially with Sideshow exclusives) and there's a lot of risk with pre-ordering, including significant delays and the product not meeting expectations or having a significant problem. Not to mention that there are usually restrictions on the best stuff (usually one per customer) so speculating on multiples of the same piece would be very time and cash intensive.

Overall, there are much easier ways to make a buck. But if you collect what you like, and get in on the right pieces at the right time, you'll eventually end up with a collection that's worth more than you paid, and probably significantly so.

Coi (or anyone else), how do you feel about getting your statues signed? I was thinking about getting the MJ one signed on the side of the brown base by J. Scott Campbell and Stan Lee. I would never sell it so I am not concerned about value just curious if it is considered a no no.