• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,037 posts in this topic

Dean's Man Cave. :eek:

Aside from the Emma Frost Corner and the Street Fighter displays, doesn't seem like much order of any sorts. I guess that is why I liked the idea of focused collecting like you mentioned earlier. 2c

And it's funny that his wife is working the camera - do you think when he's discussing the Emma Frost she is meh

I don't like the way the collection is laid out either, but I think he just has way too many pieces to get a proper coherent display going.

That's why I say display is everything with statues. That said, it's a remarkable collection.

Dammit. I think my life has changed - seriously. I've always called him "Rye-U"... :sumo:

I played Street Fighter 2 so much back in the day, I used to be able to beat the game with Ryu or Ken on SNES playing with my feet! I could do the dragon punch with my toes! :facepalm:

I don't like the way the collection is laid out either, but I think he just has way too many pieces to get a proper coherent display going.

That's why I say display is everything with statues. That said, it's a remarkable collection.

I guess that's it - the presentation. It's just statue on top of statue with no order for the most part. I would feel very :ohnoez:

Like you said though - impressive. Guy has EVERYTHING.

Dammit. I think my life has changed - seriously. I've always called him "Rye-U"... :sumo:

I played Street Fighter 2 so much back in the day, I used to be able to beat the game with Ryu or Ken on SNES plaing with my feat! I could do the dragon punch with my toes! :facepalm:

No worries, I had mono in high school, which lead to being able to slay Mortal Kombat II with my feet. Faitality's and all :facepalm:

I guess that's it - the presentation. It's just statue on top of statue with no order for the most part. I would feel very :ohnoez:

Like you said though - impressive. Guy has EVERYTHING.

My plan is to have a lot fewer statues and instead invest the money in custom display cases and lighting to present what I have as nicely as possible. Also the reason I'm trying really hard to collect just one scale.

This?

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10011055/#/10119206

There was a discussion about Ikeas helping a few pages back. I'll have to dig for it. doh!

That's it - very popular in the statue community. I'll have to get pictures of mine and add to this thread. If you end up interested, I'd suggest setting up a search on Craigslist/kijiji - I got 2 last year for the same price as one new, and they'd had lights added so less than half price and the condition is perfect. I've had far more luck on kijiji for display cases then I ever have for comics!

Apparently. doh!

It is okay. In Japan they call Resident Evil series Biohazard

and Street Fighter in Japan names:

M. Bison in Japan is named Vega.

Vega in Japan is named Balrog

Balrog in Japan is named Mike Bison aka M. Bison

In tournaments they used to just call them Boxer, Dictator and Claw to avoid confusion between international players.

Apparently. doh!

It is okay. In Japan they call Resident Evil series Biohazard

and Street Fighter in Japan names:

M. Bison in Japan is named Vega.

Vega in Japan is named Balrog

Balrog in Japan is named Mike Bison aka M. Bison

In tournaments they used to just call them Boxer, Dictator and Claw to avoid confusion between international players.

I miss being ranked in Tekken Tag when I was younger.

My generation payed the way for these snot nose kids to make a ton more $ from it. :frustrated: