• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,037 posts in this topic

4 feet tall?!?!?

What the hell!!! That's the same size as my dang kids!!! :o

This guy has a room dedicated to statues of that scale...in addition to the rest of his "normal sized" collection. Check out that Galactus you were asking about being dwarfed in the corner of the room:

I know! I can't imagine my daughter when she starts walking would like a 4' tall Doctor Doom towering over her! lol

I do want some Doctor Doom piece though. hm

Just wait a bit. Sideshow is doing a new 1/4 scale Doom Premium Format.

I know! I can't imagine my daughter when she starts walking would like a 4' tall Doctor Doom towering over her! lol

I do want some Doctor Doom piece though. hm

Just wait a bit. Sideshow is doing a new 1/4 scale Doom Premium Format.

8wmb7q.gif

4 feet tall?!?!?

This guy has a room dedicated to statues of that scale...in addition to the rest of his "normal sized" collection. Check out that Galactus you were asking about being dwarfed in the corner of the room:

Wow! Those are HUGE!!!

I have the Sideshow Great Ultron statue. It's pretty damn big and dwarfs my Bowens, even the big ones like Giant Man. As much as I LOVE Ultron, I almost regret buying it because its a pita to display. That Ultron isn't even half the size of this Doom one!!! I just can't buy statues that are the same size as my 11 1/2 year old!!! lol

4 feet tall?!?!?

Wow! Those are HUGE!!!

I have the Sideshow Great Ultron statue. It's pretty damn big and dwarfs my Bowens, even the big ones like Giant Man. As much as I LOVE Ultron, I almost regret buying it because its a pita to display. That Ultron isn't even half the size of this Doom one!!! I just can't buy statues that are the same size as my 11 1/2 year old!!! lol

One thing I keep forgetting is that I don't have a comic collection or collect anything else really, so as big as these things are, I can find the space.

That being said, 1/2 scale is too much for me, both in terms of price and space. 1/4 scale (like your Ultron) is about perfect for me, because you get the detail and presence for a lot less real estate and a lot less dough.

4 feet tall?!?!?

Wow! Those are HUGE!!!

One thing I keep forgetting is that I don't have a comic collection or collect anything else really, so as big as these things are, I can find the space.

That being said, 1/2 scale is too much for me, both in terms of price and space. 1/4 scale (like your Ultron) is about perfect for me, because you get the detail and presence for a lot less real estate and a lot less dough.

Wait!!! You dont collect comics brotha?!?

Yeah, if I didn't have two book cases filled with 800 slabs and another 20 long boxes of raws filling my comic room, I'd have room for WAY more MsMarvel booties!!! lol

4 feet tall?!?!?

Wow! Those are HUGE!!!

COI, how do you display your Sideshows? Detolfs seem wasteful, as you have to take the middle shelf out to accommodate the size. Do you use shelves? Or a different display case? One of the reasons I haven't dipped my toes into the Sideshow pool yet is because space in my neck of the woods is expensive. I'm trying to find a nice display case that can fit larger statues without getting something custom made.

4 feet tall?!?!?

Wow! Those are HUGE!!!

COI, how do you display your Sideshows? Detolfs seem wasteful, as you have to take the middle shelf out to accommodate the size. Do you use shelves? Or a different display case? One of the reasons I haven't dipped my toes into the Sideshow pool yet is because space in my neck of the woods is expensive. I'm trying to find a nice display case that can fit larger statues without getting something custom made.

I think detolfs are for small statues but I also wonder which good to display a statue from sideshows.

4 feet tall?!?!?

Wow! Those are HUGE!!!

I hear you; real estate is real pricey here in Toronto as well. I'm actually moving in the near future, hence no display. All my statues are boxed up in a spare bedroom.

Detolfs are definitely not the most economical for 1/4 scale. What you want is either a Besta, or if you have the room, a Pax unit.

For a detailed discussion on this topic, this thread on the Statue Forum is very resourceful:

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=123538&page=64

From the thread (not mine of course):

Pax:

_MG_1721_zps15c3a134.jpg

Besta:

11543173246_5968c3a3d8_c.jpg

That thread is a goldmine of information about exactly what shelves to buy, and what you need for glass doors, lighting, etc...

Sweet, thanks man! The Pax cabinets are exactly what I'm looking for. I'm curious, are there glass doors on the besta cabinets pictured? The main reason I passed on the besta, the only glass doors they sold had a thick wood border that I felt obscured too much of the display case. I'd prefer to have a display case with glass doors, it makes a big difference come dusting day.

I love my little statue collection, except on dusting day. Then I curse the day I ever bought them, and contemplate sticking them back in their boxes.

:tonofbricks:

Sweet, thanks man! The Pax cabinets are exactly what I'm looking for. I'm curious, are there glass doors on the besta cabinets pictured? The main reason I passed on the besta, the only glass doors they sold had a thick wood border that I felt obscured too much of the display case. I'd prefer to have a display case with glass doors, it makes a big difference come dusting day.

I love my little statue collection, except on dusting day. Then I curse the day I ever bought them, and contemplate sticking them back in their boxes.

:tonofbricks:

The doors you're talking about are the ones they designed for the besta, but you can get other doors to put on (like the ones pictured). That thread discusses all that stuff.

Also, here's a video that one of the guys in the Sideshow collecting community made, actually walking you through Ikea and showing exactly what he buys for his besta/glass door setup.

I would like to know, why isn't there a Ras al ghul statue ? There are a couple of action figures,

But

No statues, not even from the video game

The short answer is that until recently, the only company really making DC statues in any significant quantity was DC Direct, and they insist on just milking Superman, Batman and their cover girls lines because they're surefire sales.