• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,037 posts in this topic

I would like to know, why isn't there a Ras al ghul statue ? There are a couple of action figures,

But

No statues, not even from the video game

The short answer is that until recently, the only company really making DC statues in any significant quantity was DC Direct, and they insist on just milking Superman, Batman and their cover girls lines because they're surefire sales.

But there is a man bat and a killer croc ( though it does have batman ) statues. Like I don't care if they do a black and white statue or a Arkham asylum version ( video game )

Sweet, thanks man! The Pax cabinets are exactly what I'm looking for. I'm curious, are there glass doors on the besta cabinets pictured? The main reason I passed on the besta, the only glass doors they sold had a thick wood border that I felt obscured too much of the display case. I'd prefer to have a display case with glass doors, it makes a big difference come dusting day.

I love my little statue collection, except on dusting day. Then I curse the day I ever bought them, and contemplate sticking them back in their boxes.

:tonofbricks:

The doors you're talking about are the ones they designed for the besta, but you can get other doors to put on (like the ones pictured). That thread discusses all that stuff.

Also, here's a video that one of the guys in the Sideshow collecting community made, actually walking you through Ikea and showing exactly what he buys for his besta/glass door setup.

The end of this video shows his CGC collection.

Not bad statue guy not bad.

Sweet, thanks man! The Pax cabinets are exactly what I'm looking for. I'm curious, are there glass doors on the besta cabinets pictured? The main reason I passed on the besta, the only glass doors they sold had a thick wood border that I felt obscured too much of the display case. I'd prefer to have a display case with glass doors, it makes a big difference come dusting day.

I love my little statue collection, except on dusting day. Then I curse the day I ever bought them, and contemplate sticking them back in their boxes.

The doors you're talking about are the ones they designed for the besta, but you can get other doors to put on (like the ones pictured). That thread discusses all that stuff.

Also, here's a video that one of the guys in the Sideshow collecting community made, actually walking you through Ikea and showing exactly what he buys for his besta/glass door setup.

His statue collection is worth a lot more than his comic collection.

Damn Jason, I was watching a Ms Marvel that was ending today; I thought I could snag a deal, but it jumped from $400 to $830 in the last 2 minutes. :pullhair:

Hearing him talk about a "nice " on a statue is a little disturbing, lol.

Hearing him talk about a "nice " on a statue is a little disturbing, lol.

To be fair, he also talked about Cyclops' muscles. lol

Damn Jason, I was watching a Ms Marvel that was ending today; I thought I could snag a deal, but it jumped from $400 to $830 in the last 2 minutes. :pullhair:

Sorry man! I hate that!

Still, $830 ain't bad if it was a actual NIB. You shoulda pulled the trigger :baiting:

Sorry man! I hate that!

Still, $830 ain't bad if it was a actual NIB. You shoulda pulled the trigger :baiting:

Wasn't NIB, and I ain't paying that much for this piece, ever. There are maybe 3-5 older Sideshow pieces I would pay this kind of dough for, and she ain't one of them which is why I'll probably never get one.

Sorry man! I hate that!

Wasn't NIB, and I ain't paying that much for this piece, ever. There are maybe 3-5 older Sideshow pieces I would pay this kind of dough for, and she ain't one of them which is why I'll probably never get one.

Have they ever reissued a piece?

Now that I've asked that question, I can see why they wouldn't...

Yes, but again statues collectors such as him help ensure our vintage comic book back issues remain the crown jewel of all superhero collectibles.

Comic book key back issues are going up steadily every year because of people just like this statue guy.

Without the movies, video games, TPB's, cartoons, statues, cosplay, TV shows, toys, on and on and on our back issues would be worth 50-60% less without question.

New monthly comics help the least btw. :o

Edited by Spiderman-on-Tilt

Sorry man! I hate that!

Have they ever reissued a piece?

Now that I've asked that question, I can see why they wouldn't...

Actually no, they've never done a reissue. It's the reason why collectors are confident in spending lots of money on their products, and one of the many things that have made them a leader in the statue game. They do variants if the variant makes sense in the context of the character (like different costumes), but never a straight reissue.

Knowing the community, they would do themselves irreparable harm going that route.

Sorry man! I hate that!

I was also watching that auction and was shocked to see that last minute price jump. I don't think it's worth the price either especially when there's a defect on the exclusive head piece. It's gonna cost more $$ just to send it to a professional to get it fixed / restored.

Congrats man. Carnage is a big piece, and Batman is dwarfing him! Nuts.

Is that your preferred head?

I know! I can't imagine my daughter when she starts walking would like a 4' tall Doctor Doom towering over her! lol

I do want some Doctor Doom piece though. hm

Just wait a bit. Sideshow is doing a new 1/4 scale Doom Premium Format.

COI, I did a Google search for any news and all I can find are the existing pieces. Can you post a link with this news? :foryou: