• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,037 posts in this topic

So, a general question: what do you guys find more interesting, an unfocused but diverse collection of statues, or a very specific theme or focus, like having multiples pieces for just X-Men or Avengers characters (for example)?

I'm at a crossroads now, and am trying to decide whether to go with focused or unfocused.

So, a general question: what do you guys find more interesting, an unfocused but diverse collection of statues, or a very specific theme or focus, like having multiples pieces for just X-Men or Avengers characters (for example)?

Focus man! Otherwise things can get out of hand and you'll end up spending more money than you want to. They say it's addicting, but in the long run, you don't want like hundreds of statues, unless that's your thing

The wife happened to be off work so I told her that she could not leave the house for any reason until the delivery guy came. Even she admits the statue is absolutely beautiful.

1012131_577527868996338_388820981_n.jpg

1526990_577527835663008_8325393_n.jpg

I'll vote for a very specific theme. Off the top of my head, I'd say something like MsMarvel booties??? :whistle:

I'm at 5 and counting :eek::luhv:

Congratulations. If this is your first Sideshow piece, prepare yourself for madness.

COI, did you get the Sideshow Galactus?

That thing is awesome and I don't even like Galactus! It's just so freaking big though! I can't justify spending almost a grand on something I don't have room to display no matter how cool it looks.

Loose focus with the freedom to pick up something outside of the focus if it is really cool.

I like small aggregates of associated pieces. . . I have a Wolverine and a Hulk that look like the cover to Incredible Hulk #181.

COI, did you get the Sideshow Galactus?

That thing is awesome and I don't even like Galactus! It's just so freaking big though! I can't justify spending almost a grand on something I don't have room to display no matter how cool it looks.

Nope. It is indeed awesome and I've thought about it, but to get a piece of that size and price, I'd have to be a huge fan of the character. I like Galactus, but not enough to justify that purchase.

Loose focus with the freedom to pick up something outside of the focus if it is really cool.

I like small aggregates of associated pieces. . . I have a Wolverine and a Hulk that look like the cover to Incredible Hulk #181.

Yeah, as much as I wish I could focus, I tend to agree. There's two reasons to buy a statue - how amazing the piece is itself, and how you feel about the character being portrayed. Sometimes a piece is so good, you almost don't care about who the character is.