• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,037 posts in this topic

I don't really understand the criticisms of the face

I like it, but I suspect they're thinking it's too hard and severe with the slightest hint of masculinity.

I think it's refreshing to finally see a strong-looking female superhero statue. I applaud Sideshow for not taking the easier route and making this about cheesecake.

I like it, but I suspect they're thinking it's too hard and severe with the slightest hint of masculinity.

Slightly more than slightest I'd say...

If this is what a dude looks like, then maybe I'm into dudes.

lol

Hey COI and others,

I guess I thought what better place to discuss this ? then here.

How CAN you influence Bowen or Sideshow or a company to create a piece? There's been a lot of talk about a Lying Cat statue. IMO, that would be pretty cool and I can see easily selling well. Bowen has a "suggest a statue" email link on their page? But has this ever been successfully done in the past? Enough emails leads to them creating a statue? (shrug)

I just figure it's an Image character and I don't know how that would play out as far as licensing and what not. And since it's not a Big Two character, do you think companies might be hesitant to release a statue? hm

They would need to make a licensing agreement with Image. You might have some luck pushing for a company to do something already within the sphere of its licensing agreements (particularly Bowen), but I really doubt you can convince a company to pick up a new license to make one statue.

As for Sideshow generally, they do their own thing.

That's what I figured. But I wonder how this would play out since Image books are "creator owned"?

I wonder if the better plan of attack would be :baiting: BKV and Fiona Staples to contact Bowen? hm

Hey COI and others,

How CAN you influence Bowen or Sideshow or a company to create a piece? There's been a lot of talk about a Lying Cat statue. IMO, that would be pretty cool and I can see easily selling well. Bowen has a "suggest a statue" email link on their page? But has this ever been successfully done in the past? Enough emails leads to them creating a statue? (shrug)

I just figure it's an Image character and I don't know how that would play out as far as licensing and what not. And since it's not a Big Two character, do you think companies might be hesitant to release a statue? hm

They would need to make a licensing agreement with Image. You might have some luck pushing for a company to do something already within the sphere of its licensing agreements (particularly Bowen), but I really doubt you can convince a company to pick up a new license to make one statue.

That's what I figured. But I wonder how this would play out since Image books are "creator owned"?

I wonder if the better plan of attack would be :baiting: BKV and Fiona Staples to contact Bowen? hm

If you really, really, really want this to happen, you can do what some in the statue collecting community do, and get a group commission going. You get a bunch of people together, commission a sculptor to make exactly what you want, and each pay into it. But this is very complicated and costly.

I think it's refreshing to finally see a strong-looking female superhero statue. I applaud Sideshow for not taking the easier route and making this about cheesecake.

As an Amazon she's supposed to have some masculine qualities like size and strength to be a man-beater, so I'm more than fine with it.

I always suspected as much. :gossip:

I always suspected as much. :gossip:

You're the one who likes chicks to be at least 6'4", so pot meet kettle. :baiting:

If you really, really, really want this to happen, you can do what some in the statue collecting community do, and get a group commission going. You get a bunch of people together, commission a sculptor to make exactly what you want, and each pay into it. But this is very complicated and costly.

I'd like to see how that works out...

S*****k: Make her look more like Ms. Marvel.

C*******7: She should look more like Christy Mack

P**k: That's my kinda crazy

C*I: Maybe a bead or two here, a spider there...

B****y: Send me a video for when I'm fifty

s*t: has removed themselves from the conversation

:roflmao: Holy mess that's funny.

#TEAMTARANTULA

My comment about WW having the Bowen "Seinfeld" Superman face was actually the opposite. The Bowen Supes always struck me as having a somewhat feminized face sculpt. That, and probably the particular angle and lighting in that one WW image.

My comment about WW having the Bowen "Seinfeld" Superman face was actually the opposite. The Bowen Supes always struck me as having a somewhat feminized face sculpt. That, and probably the particular angle and lighting in that one WW image.

So you're saying you are attracted to Jerry Seinfeld? Coz that's what I'm picking up. hm

For those of you who liked that cut & sew video, here's the entire Sideshow tour:

So you're saying you are attracted to Jerry Seinfeld? Coz that's what I'm picking up. hm

lol Hardly.

Back when, I had a Superman statue collection in a lighted cabinet. Bowen Animated Superman, Bowen Seinfeld Superman, Alex Ross sculpt, a WB Studio sculpt, and others. A girlfriend at the time was looking them over and asked "What's up with the gay Superman?"

When I asked what the hell she was talking about she pointed to the Seinfeld, "That one. The face looks like a fashion model's."

And, you know, I couldn't really disagree with her. (shrug)

We'll just say it's an highly photogenic type face. How's that? :)

:roflmao: Holy mess that's funny.

#TEAMTARANTULA

lol

This is great. lol

Hey COI and others,

For one statue, probably not. . . but a series, with Lying Cat being the first? Marko and Alana, The Will (as a companion piece to Lying Cat), Prince Robot IV. How cool would a statue of The Stalk be? Done right, that would be awesome. An Izabel statue could have some incredible detail.

Who has The Walking Dead statue rights? I've seen some stuff come out (zombie head fish tank, a few Daryl, etc.). Is it Gentle Giant? They would have an "in" with Image.