• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,037 posts in this topic

Exclusive comes with the axe and shield; the regular, just the shield.
I think it would have been better if it was a sword and not an axe.

The sword is in the base.

Exclusive comes with the axe and shield; the regular, just the shield.
I think it would have been better if it was a sword and not an axe.

The sword is in the base.

you can never go wrong with more swords lol

Heads up - Wonder Woman is going up for pre-order next week:

preview_-300115_WonderWomanPF-1.jpg

:whee: thanks for the heads up

My 1st thought on seeing this was Wonder Woman has the same face as the ol' Bowen "Seinfeld" Superman. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

51E8q8yv78L._SY355_.jpg002_small.jpg

Dunno if its the same face, but its not very pretty in my opinion. She looks too much like a man. Love the rest of the body though. Strong, tough, yet not losing any of its feminine qualities.

Bah. Nothing beats Red Sonja. :)

this room looks beautiful

I've watched quite a few of those videos. Much like seeing peoples' collections here, it is always interesting to see what people like to get and how they like to display them.

Seeing lots and lots of statues, which sucks because they're awesome but expensive. Don't know how to support comics AND statues. Ugh!

So for you statue aficionados, I like the sideshow, the bishoujo anime girls and the Bombshell series. Thoughts? Why to look for, what to avoid? Thanks in advance.

Just take your time and research what kind of stuff is out there; different companies and lines vary wildly in price, quality, etc... See if there is a comic shop near you that carries various types of pieces, and go check some of them out in person if you can, before deciding what to buy. The main thing I would advise against is pre-orders on Ebay. You will likely get screwed over.

If you're interested in Sideshow pieces, watch videos, look at pics, and decide if that scale/price point works for you. I would also suggest that you focus on in-stock and upcoming pieces as opposed to paying premiums for older stuff.

Seeing lots and lots of statues, which sucks because they're awesome but expensive. Don't know how to support comics AND statues. Ugh!

So for you statue aficionados, I like the sideshow, the bishoujo anime girls and the Bombshell series. Thoughts? Why to look for, what to avoid? Thanks in advance.

The Bombshells on on what? The fourth one (I've seen Supergirl, Harley, Wonder Woman, and Batgirl this week).

You could still pick those up if you really like them.

The Bombshells on on what? The fourth one (I've seen Supergirl, Harley, Wonder Woman, and Batgirl this week).

Didn't know there are different series. I know of 7 Bombshells. Love the Poison Ivy, I like all

of them except the Wonder Woman.

Didn't know there are different series. I know of 7 Bombshells. Love the Poison Ivy, I like all

of them except the Wonder Woman.

I forgot about the Ivy. Black Canary and Stargirl haven't come out yet, and I think Batgirl was new this past week. That was the first time I saw it in the shop.

I've been preordering the Bombshells through DCBS, and have been satisfied with the prices. However, I'm only picking up the Batman related characters, which, so far, has been most of them. (I cheated and included Black Canary, due to the Birds of Prey connection, and because that statue looks so great!)

Echoing the sentiments above, there are lots of places to check out the statues in advance and get an idea of what you might like. As for preorders I would also avoid eBay, but I have had good luck pre-ordering through DCBS and Big Bad Toy Store, for non-Sideshow pieces.

As for Sideshow, they offer Flex-payment options for most of their pieces, which can help even the novice collector afford pieces that they may have thought otherwise unattainable. Sure, some of the pieces are still $400 to $600, but it stings a lot less coming out $60 or $70 per month. :)

Also, I'm not sure of the politics of linking directly to other message boards, but there is a forum out there called Sideshow Collectors/Sideshow Freaks, and they have forums dedicated to Sideshow AND non-Sideshow items, from every line/genre. Some good info out there, and lots of good pics of people's collections. I don't really post there, so I have no vested interest in the board, just throwing that info out there.

A while back I sold all of my back issues, and got into statues and original art. Then I started selling statues to get some back issues that I missed. I find that I'm happiest when I try to split the difference between all three. I think the biggest hurdle to happy collecting is admitting that you probably can't afford to buy every single thing that you think is cool (I know I certainly can't) so it's best to focus on a certain character, or team, or product line. There's too much product to keep up with everything and remain sane and financially solvent.

Have fun!

i have the Kotobukiya JL statue base of the New52 only missing Cyborg and i'm also getting their Nightwing & Batgirl. have some video games statue that i got from collections but my biggest statue is going to be the Wonder Woman statue by Sideshow.

thanks now I wonder which payment plan I should go with, it all depends on the release window.

Rest assured, you will have plenty of time to pay. And if the payment plans listed don't suit your needs, you can actually contact them with another payment arrangement, and they'll likely do it for you.