• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,037 posts in this topic

i have this statue but no idea if it's worth anything

Laocoon_Vatican.jpg

I don't think so, it's in pretty rough condition.

I'm chucking it then

Been waiting to see WW for a long time, glad she's finally showing up. I imagine she'll have a large ES, so I may wait to preorder. With Harley, Red Sonja, Hellboy, and a smattering of Hot Toys stuff already on my Flex Pay, I'm in no hurry for her to get here!

Hey COI and others,

I guess I thought what better place to discuss this ? then here.

How CAN you influence Bowen or Sideshow or a company to create a piece? There's been a lot of talk about a Lying Cat statue. IMO, that would be pretty cool and I can see easily selling well. Bowen has a "suggest a statue" email link on their page? But has this ever been successfully done in the past? Enough emails leads to them creating a statue? (shrug)

I just figure it's an Image character and I don't know how that would play out as far as licensing and what not. And since it's not a Big Two character, do you think companies might be hesitant to release a statue? hm

Hey COI and others,

I guess I thought what better place to discuss this ? then here.

How CAN you influence Bowen or Sideshow or a company to create a piece? There's been a lot of talk about a Lying Cat statue. IMO, that would be pretty cool and I can see easily selling well. Bowen has a "suggest a statue" email link on their page? But has this ever been successfully done in the past? Enough emails leads to them creating a statue? (shrug)

I just figure it's an Image character and I don't know how that would play out as far as licensing and what not. And since it's not a Big Two character, do you think companies might be hesitant to release a statue? hm

They would need to make a licensing agreement with Image. You might have some luck pushing for a company to do something already within the sphere of its licensing agreements (particularly Bowen), but I really doubt you can convince a company to pick up a new license to make one statue.

As for Sideshow generally, they do their own thing.

I don't really understand the criticisms of the face

I like it, but I suspect they're thinking it's too hard and severe with the slightest hint of masculinity.

Slightly more than slightest I'd say...