• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYCC 2014 --It's still Never to Early, Oct 9-12

734 posts in this topic

Try airbnb for accommodations. I got a room in an apartment for $130 a night. A hotel room will run $350 a night in Manhattan. I rather stay in Manhattan, than commute in from NJ or one of the boroughs. Just check the references carefully. Hopefully you will not be driving in Manhattan.

Yeh airbnb is definitely the way to go! no driving for us till San Fran, it'll be all public transport Thanks for the advice.

If I wasn't going with a group then airbnb all the way!

So are individual day tickets and 3-days only available at the door? Web site doesn't seem to have them available. hm

Three day passes and single tickets go on sale Thursday June 26th at 12 PM EDT.

Just like it says on the web site! doh!

CONFIRMED GUESTS FOR NYCC AS OF TODAY:

- STAN "THE MAN" LEE

- DAVID FINCH

- ADAM HUGHES

So begins the listing of peeps attending. Hopefully this will be a great show!

They already sold out 4 day passes no need to even announce guests lol

Hope you guys are ready for the onslaught of 3day passes :P

Well that was a epic fail. Was in the virtual queue at 12pm, waiting 26 minutes to bring me to purchasing page, all 3 day tix are sold out. only day passes left at a god awful price.

I had the page open to purchase tix and it said 3 day were sold out. i kept refreshing it just on the off chance it would show 3 day passes available and low and behold it did! I was able to score 3 3day passes for me and my buddies!!

Well that was a epic fail. Was in the virtual queue at 12pm, waiting 26 minutes to bring me to purchasing page, all 3 day tix are sold out. only day passes left at a god awful price.

I'm still in the queue that sucks if they are sold out. When do comic shops like Midtown start to sell tickets anyone know?

I just bought my Friday pass.

There's a little survey they make you fill out at the end.

They ask you for your first, second, and third reasons for going to the NYCC.

On the little drop-down menu with your selection of approved choices, they don't even list comic books at all!

:cry:

I wanted to buy 3 day passes for myself and my son & daughter but only bought Saturday passes for the three of us, because by the time I got to the purchase page, only single day passes were available.

I tried to get on the site starting at noon on Thursday. It took me over 30 minutes to get in the on-line queue and then I waited over 90 minutes to finally be able to purchase anything. Does anyone know how many 3 day passes were available for purchase?

NYCC taking a beating on their facebook page due to the server crash.

No doubt many that wanted tickets for NY have never experienced the same frustrations of waiting in queue for SDCC. Welcome to the world of online ticket purchasing for in demand events.

I know it will never happen, but in the "old days" San Diego used to mail you an update with a ticket purchase form. You would fill it out and mail it back. No logging on, sitting at a computer, creating usernames and passwords, no ticket scalpers tying up server space. A pen, a form, a check or credit card number, your name, a stamp and then your ID at registration when picking up your badge. That's all.

Sometimes keeping things simple is the best.

Sunday tickets are now sold out online.

Thursday and Friday tickets are still available.

I'm sure NYCC is waiting for all their tickets to be sold out before allowing retailers to sell their allocation of tickets. I'm projecting Midtown Comics to have theirs for sale by the third week of July. Every other retailer by August 1. Just my opinion.

Cheers!

N.