• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Afterlife with Archie - Monthly Series
3 3

730 posts in this topic

that cover says No. 23.....is this a different series or a variant cover?

It was Issue 23 (variant cover) of the Life With Archie magazine series, which is currently up to Issue 32 or so. Remember that whole controversy with the Kevin Keller gay marriage issue from a couple Marches ago in Issue 16? That's the series.... ;)

I got my variants, and I'm thrilled with them. I was a little hesitant at first (since Jughead is my favorite character) but damn, it's going to be a great series.

Was wondering what you thought of the series, Lauren. Glad to hear you're liking it too!

I see some with barcodes & some with out them, which should I pick-up for this #23 variant ? or just pick-up both !?

I'd definitely pick up both. But I think the barcode (newstand) copies tend to be more highly regarded these days since they tend to be harder to locate, particularly if they're in high grade still after everyone puts their grubby hands on them. If it's a pretty beat up copy, then I might pass.

I got my variants, and I'm thrilled with them. I was a little hesitant at first (since Jughead is my favorite character) but damn, it's going to be a great series.

A celebrity joins the modern area. :applause:

lol

This book is just going to be fun!!!

I wrote up a quick review about it in my blog, but overall you guys and gals need to read this series. It's such a fantastic take on the whole zombie thing, and it's also surprisingly heartbreaking. (and I'm not just saying that because of my weird emotional attachment to the characters.)

I wrote up a quick review about it in my blog, but overall you guys and gals need to read this series. It's such a fantastic take on the whole zombie thing, and it's also surprisingly heartbreaking. (and I'm not just saying that because of my weird emotional attachment to the characters.)

Great review! Curious, Lauren, from a female fan's perspective, is the 'Sexy Betty' cover your favorite as well for Issue 1 like most of the guys seem to be, or is one of the other covers?

Great review! Curious, Lauren, from a female fan's perspective, is the 'Sexy Betty' cover your favorite as well for Issue 1 like most of the guys seem to be, or is one of the other covers?

The sexy Betty reminded me slightly of the Bob Montana cover for Archie 50. Well...you know, in that context at least.

My favorite is the Hot Dog variant. It's simply heatbreaking with how simple it is.

The sexy Betty reminded me slightly of the Bob Montana cover for Archie 50. Well...you know, in that context at least.

My favorite is the Hot Dog variant. It's simply heatbreaking with how simple it is.

Interesting. I wouldn't have guessed that. And yeah, I can see how the sexy Betty cover might be reminiscent.