• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Afterlife with Archie - Monthly Series
3 3

730 posts in this topic

So - question. I picked up one of the NYCC variants at the con today, or at least I thought it was. Same cover as the one with Pop's in the window, but instead it says, "help wanted, zombies inquire within." Were their different versions of the NYCC variant that said different things on the windows? Or what is this?

:ohnoez:

I hit up my nearest brick and mortar and they had regular and 1 variant.. I didn't research enough, so I've missed the betty cover.

I need a waaaaah-mbulance. Stat.

Off topic but love your batman covers in your sig man.. My local comic shop had 5 copies of the Detective cover I sold all but one at $25 a piece. I kind of wish I saved a few more actually..

Yes, the Pop's version was the one they had for sale, the help wanted one was supposedly for people dressed as zombified versions of Archie characters.

The first 50 people to show up at the booth each day of the convention dressed as Archie zombies will receive a special, super-limited, exclusive Afterlife with Archie variant (pictured right).

http://afterlifewitharchie.com/2013/09/19/dress-as-an-archie-zombie-at-nycc-for-a-chance-to-win-prizes/

Yes, the Pop's version was the one they had for sale, the help wanted one was supposedly for people dressed as zombified versions of Archie characters.

The first 50 people to show up at the booth each day of the convention dressed as Archie zombies will receive a special, super-limited, exclusive Afterlife with Archie variant (pictured right).

http://afterlifewitharchie.com/2013/09/19/dress-as-an-archie-zombie-at-nycc-for-a-chance-to-win-prizes/

Thanks. Was having trouble finding anything on that. Guess they had less than 50 people show in zombie drag.

Thanks. Was having trouble finding anything on that. Guess they had less than 50 people show in zombie drag.

There was just one on Ebay and snagged it. There were very few of the NYCC Pop's version as well. Could be a huge sleeper if this series takes off, and based on the first issue it's promising.

I'm curious to learn the various print runs for this issue along with the

3 variant covers. The retailer variants are interesting too.

I reread the story again this weekend as I was shocked how much I enjoyed a modern book.

I have to admit. I did pick up multiple copies in hopes that this book went under the radar and wasn't printed too heavily, especially since it was only direct market.

Heck, I think we all wish to find the next piece of "The Walking Dead" pie.

Now that I've punched my "speculation" ticket I'm sure this will crash

faster then the Wright brother's first flight attempt.

Anyone think the LIfe with Archie #23 Francavilla Variant Cover would be worth getting slabbed?

Only one on ebay right now

www.ebay.com/itm/LIFE-WITH-ARCHIE-23-FRANCAVILLA-VARIANT-1ST-AFTERLIFE-COVER-ONLY-1-ON-EBAY-NM-/161127492857?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2583f26cf9

and comics america up the price from 3.99 to 19.99 and now 29.99

www.comicsamerica.com/life-with-archie-23-francavilla-cvr/

I reread the story again this weekend as I was shocked how much I enjoyed a modern book.

I have to admit. I did pick up multiple copies in hopes that this book went under the radar and wasn't printed too heavily, especially since it was only direct market.

Well, we can do some rough math. There was something like 50 different stores that participated in the variant program at 200 - 400 copies each. (Larry or someone can verify that the maximum allotment was 400 per store?) If you figure the average amount of copies per store was 300, then the Store Variant alone comes out to around 15,000 copies. Pre-ordered Archie issues tend to be, what, 7500 or so copies at most, and that would usually include the non-Direct market, which was not the case here as this is a Direct Market-only series. So, adding all that up, all the various covers, I would estimate the total print run for Issue 1 is somewhere between 20,000 - 22,000?

Does that sound about right for you store owners out there? Larry?

Hey everyone,

Hit and run post...

In Dallas on work related stuff after NYCC...

Talked to the Archie staff and whatever was at NYCC was all that was left of stock for the book. One staffer told me that Diamond was sold out.

The NYCC variant was sold out by Friday as I wanted to pick up more!

Well, we can do some rough math. There was something like 50 different stores that participated in the variant program at 200 - 400 copies each. (Larry or someone can verify that the maximum allotment was 400 per store?) If you figure the average amount of copies per store was 300, then the Store Variant alone comes out to around 15,000 copies. Pre-ordered Archie issues tend to be, what, 7500 or so copies at most, and that would usually include the non-Direct market, which was not the case here as this is a Direct Market-only series. So, adding all that up, all the various covers, I would estimate the total print run for Issue 1 is somewhere between 20,000 - 22,000?

Does that sound about right for you store owners out there? Larry?

I wouldn't be surprised if Hot Dog ended up being the short print of the four main covers.

Apparently only 50 of the Zombies Wanted NYCC variant exist.

200 per this

Oh ok... got it

So 50 each day.

Apparently only 50 of the Zombies Wanted NYCC variant exist.

200 per this

Oh ok... got it

So 50 each day.

Yeah, that is how I read it. Still super limited and probably a good one to buy.